OFFICIAL TRAVEL GUIDE: JAPAN

Anyone rent a pocket wifi when they traveled to Japan?

I'm looking at two options: Ninja Wifi and Purupuru.

I was wondering if anyone can chime in on their experience. I need one that has really good coverage.

-Drew

Anyone rent a pocket wifi when they traveled to Japan?

I'm looking at two options: Ninja Wifi and Purupuru.

I was wondering if anyone can chime in on their experience. I need one that has really good coverage.

-Drew
unless you know your data plan will work well in japan, i'd rent one. using google maps has been vital to my navigation in japan and other misc apps/internet can be very useful. i've rented from ninja wifi with no problems. never had any coverage issues all over tokyo. reserve your unit and either pick it up at the airport (easy) or have it waiting for you at your hotel.

unless you know your data plan will work well in japan, i'd rent one. using google maps has been vital to my navigation in japan and other misc apps/internet can be very useful. i've rented from ninja wifi with no problems. never had any coverage issues all over tokyo. reserve your unit and either pick it up at the airport (easy) or have it waiting for you at your hotel.

Truly appreciate the help, Mike.

I was reading the thread from the beginning and I'm going to have to ask you a couple questions from now until I leave if you don't mind. :nerd:

I went ahead and made my reservation for my ninja wifi.

Really can't wait until my flight.

-Drew

Truly appreciate the help, Mike.

I was reading the thread from the beginning and I'm going to have to ask you a couple questions from now until I leave if you don't mind. :nerd:

I went ahead and made my reservation for my ninja wifi.

Really can't wait until my flight.

-Drew
I wish my cellphone had coverage as tight as them Portable Wifis over here. I would recommend a good external battery, I used the ANKER one. It was bulky but a lifeSaver since the Portable Wifi will run out of juice before the end of the day.

I wish my cellphone had coverage as tight as them Portable Wifis over here. I would recommend a good external battery, I used the ANKER one. It was bulky but a lifeSaver since the Portable Wifi will run out of juice before the end of the day.

Noted, bro.

I ended up copping the pocket wifi bundle with the spare battery. Just in case.

Any must-visit places in Tokyo that you would personally suggest?

-Drew

I've been 3 times.... try to make it around Tokyo Auto Salon if you are a car guy in January....

yeah man, no worry. ask in here or in pm. i haven’t been to japan in a few years but there was a time before my son was born when i’d go a few times a year. what kinds of things are you interested in?

yeah man, no worry. ask in here or in pm. i haven’t been to japan in a few years but there was a time before my son was born when i’d go a few times a year. what kinds of things are you interested in?

Just PMed you, bro!

-Drew

Flew Air China and got a rt flight for 550..

Currently here now and my route has been Osaka, Tokyo, Kyoto (currently) and will circle back down to Osaka.

Needless to say, I’ll be back here soon. Spent way too much money on Bape while here :nerd: . Super humid here atm but next trip I come will be in the Spring for sure

anyone know anything real-estate wise in japan? im tryna cop a crib, or a property to rent out (so whenever im there i got a place to crash but it's paid for cuz of the rent) but wanna know if it's worth it

anyone know anything real-estate wise in japan? im tryna cop a crib, or a property to rent out (so whenever im there i got a place to crash but it's paid for cuz of the rent) but wanna know if it's worth it

being that tokyo is top 3 place...i'm guessing equivalent if not more than NYC. sure u can probably score a sublet or hole in the wall, but it will be $$$ per sq ft. Might as well just stay in plush hotel while visiting?

being that tokyo is top 3 place...i'm guessing equivalent if not more than NYC. sure u can probably score a sublet or hole in the wall, but it will be $$$ per sq ft. Might as well just stay in plush hotel while visiting?
im looking to live there in the future after what was described to me. however, i did some further research and it seems like the japanese destroy their homes after 30 years and re-build them.. so the joints must be flimsy as hell and probly not a good idea to be doing real-estate where u renting it out (property value does not appreciate)

edit: couple that in with earthquakes & typhoons or whatever.. not the best idea

Just came back from Asia , spend a month there . Did Tokyo for 5 nights . Thailand for 2 weeks and a half , and a week in Hong Kong .

Biggest mistake was not buying a sucia card ! And whoever is saying Tokyo Train system is good , is a damn liar , sh*t made me miss my flight to Bangkok , they have too many damn lines

Back
Top Bottom