Official Travel Thread Vol. Knowledge is Power

I realized we all do a bunch of traveling.  I  was looking at the "What to do in Vegas" thread, and thought about why we don't have a post like this for different locations.  That post is EXTREMELY helpful.  It has tips on how to survive in Vegas, the best places to go and when to go, and it also helps you save a TON of money looking for flights and places to stay.  With that said I'm looking to travel to Paris next summer.  Has anyone ever been? I'm thinking about staying for 2 weeks-month.  If I'm staying for a month, I'd like to rent an apartment.  Anyone have any experience with renting apartments in other countries? Any advice would help.

I was just having this conversation yesterday. I'm actually looking for literature on different places. Mainly France, Brazil, and Spain.
Traveling the word is one thing that I absolutely want to experience.

I have rented houses in different countries, France being one of them, great experience and can prove very cost effective when traveling with a group.

Here is a great wesbite to work through, will give you an idea as to what you can expect to pay and has great reviews that will help:

http://www.homeaway.com/  

And antoher for reference as well:

http://www.vrbo.com/

my dream is to travel the world in live in different placse for a couple of years each. 21st century nomad.

im trying to formulate a plot that will allow me to live in different countries and work at the same time. perhaps something like working for the UN, or UNESCO.

and the most powerful tip I can give you for traveling the world.

LEARN THE LANGUAGE.

i repeat.

LEARN THE LANGUAGE.

No piece of advice will ever give you the experience you're looking for if you can't even interact with people.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

if I wanted to live near London and find work, maybe 6 month visit.

how possible is that?

when you figure it out, let me know.  I want to live outside the US and discover the world.

Headed to the Philippines in August, more than likely Baugio. Anything I should know

Back
Top Bottom