Official Travis Scott x Jordan Thread ...

Yea abut that ish is in the corner u can even hide it with pants

that swoosh is smack dad right in the middle of the damn shoe and its gigantic, no thanks

i can see why alot of ppl like em, its different than what we are used to and its collaborated with someone that is poppin right now

These are giving me Yeezy 2 vibes all over again. No rumored Nike drop. Lines for days. Prices through the roof. The SB and Travis hype has collided to form the 'perfect storm' of sneaker release chaos.

The L wave is fast approaching....

t705UZ.gif
I actually love this movie, my dad watched this all the time when I was a kid 🤦🏾‍♂️😂😂

Yea abut that ish is in the corner u can even hide it with pants

that swoosh is smack dad right in the middle of the damn shoe and its gigantic, no thanks

i can see why alot of ppl like em, its different than what we are used to and its collaborated with someone that is poppin right now

I like em for laces

I’m resentful of that “loyal customer” BS because back when Extra Butter had the Long Island location I would spend money there, talk to the staff (even went to school with a few of them) and that did nothing for me. Not once did I ever win a raffle or anything from them lmao.

I’m resentful of that “loyal customer” BS because back when Extra Butter had the Long Island location I would spend money there, talk to the staff (even went to school with a few of them) and that did nothing for me. Not once did I ever win a raffle or anything from them lmao.

Loyal customer pretty much just means friends and family. Harsh truth is they probably didn't think of you as either.

Loyal customer pretty much just means friends and family. Harsh truth is they probably didn't think of you as either.

It really depends. I know stores locally that actually look at numbers, go through customer profiles and reward those who spend the most regularly.

Same thing with the upcoming Dior 1s. Those connected and celebrities will get their dibs, but a lot of that allocation is going to the regular big spenders.

My main thing with this specific dunk and skate shops is, the shoe got allocated to SB and some Tier 0 accounts...cool. Would these same SB accounts, that are frustrated with the resellers, week-long headaches and hoopla that comes with a Nike x TS collab, be mad if the shoe was given to SNKRS, Tier 0 and QS accounts (no SB accounts) even though it's a SB sneaker.

It really depends. I know stores locally that actually look at numbers, go through customer profiles and reward those who spend the most regularly.

Same thing with the upcoming Dior 1s. Those connected and celebrities will get their dibs, but a lot of that allocation is going to the regular big spenders.

My main thing with this specific dunk and skate shops is, the shoe got allocated to SB and some Tier 0 accounts...cool. Would these same SB accounts, that are frustrated with the resellers, week-long headaches and hoopla that comes with a Nike x TS collab, be mad if the shoe was given to SNKRS, Tier 0 and QS accounts (no SB accounts) even though it's a SB sneaker.

If you were a store owner, would you look out for the customer that supported you with a lot of GR purchases and word of mouth, or the customer that would just drop a ton of cash on exclusive **** and that already has everything?

If you were a store owner, would you look out for the customer that supported you with a lot of GR purchases and word of mouth, or the customer that would just drop a ton of cash on exclusive **** and that already has everything?

Good question. First, I just want to mention the reason I'm so into this subject of independent shops and limited releases is because yeaars ago I used to work at a prominent store that dropped big ticket $ shoes that many wanted to flip (Titanium 23s, What the Dunk SBs, Atmos AM 1s, etc etc etc). We never backdoored stock (the true meaning, not the 2020 meaning :smh: ) and for the most part most of the stock would go to the public with some to staff and regulars/F&F.

To answer your question, in that scenario, if I was small skate shop owner I'd look out for the customer(s) who regularly buys the GR stuff. If they were to keep, flip, or burn them I'd rather it go to that type of customer vs. the rich customer that only cares for exclusive stuff they see on IG and I've NEVER seen step foot in my store before or after those dunks drop.

BUT..... (Long paragraphs)

If I'm the manager and decision maker of a KITH location though that's answer is slightly different. Even though the rich customer can easily buy the hyped item on the aftermarket, if they've been buying all those horrible and expensive KITH collabs and on their profile they spend lots of money, I'd more than likely look out for them first and try to also hold down the kid who spends all his paychecks buying GR stuff too.

When I was working at that store, What the Dunks all went to the public only 1 employee got a free pair as a surprise wedding gift. The Titanium 23s all the stock initially went to regulars who spent money and F&F. Eventually we we forced by Nike to release a few to the public after one of those F&F guys threw their pair up on eBay 2 days before the shoe was to drop.

That's why when I saw that one boutique announce none of the stock is going to the public I had no issue with it. To me, there's nothing wrong with it since I've been on that side. Reward the regulars who spend and are at the shop regularly. They're keeping the business open, especially in major markers shops are forced to close or struggling to make rent due to property taxes being increased, gentrification etc.

Now I'm on the other side. I've been hitting these stores this week signing up for raffles for these damn shoes that I'm either planning to keep, trade for past Travis **** I missed on, or yes flip. No plugs or on any store's F&F list and that's fine. I don't expect or ask, especially now that we live in a "what have you done for me lately" society. I don't have a plug or service to these people to get on a F&F list, and I don't buy from any of these shops regularly.

My only issue with shops and these type of drops is IF you're going to backdoor (the true meaning), don't make people waste time entering your fake raffles.

More mad at Nike than the skate shops but that's just me.
Nike is killing two birds with one stone...they can give skaters and skate shops something great while also generating crazy hype....these shoes are fire AND limited/harder to get...resell will be crazy once these skaters wear their pairs and there’s a scarce amount of ds pairs out there...

They arent wrong tho. Let their regulars eat, eff all the Johnny come lately dudes that ain't coming back.

And when their store closes down or loses their account, like many of them have, they won't be missed (ie Blades). My money is just as green as the next person's. I'm not buying decks or other bull**** brands to get into your good graces. I don't job shame because you're out there earning a legitimate dollar but this feeling of superiority when it comes to releases like this is for the birds. Sneaker community allows themselves to get treated like hos on a stroll for an opportunity to buy.

Yes they would because it means no foot traffic to their store; something of which many struggle with already.

Back
Top Bottom