Official Travis Scott x Jordan Thread ...

Took me 4 years to notice my shoes don’t match each other and are not the same height.
IMG_3040.jpeg
🤣

Wow those look like 2 different sizes. Everything on the right shoe looks smaller.

Gotta love that QC

I know the fugazi experts say there’s always a way to know. But more and more it seems like it’s the accessories lol. The paper in the box or whatever, or even scanning the footbed under the insole, or something else you can’t even tell from wearing.
With authentics having so much variance it’s scary times. I still think the 1:1 days will be here at some point.

Gotta love that QC

I know the fugazi experts say there’s always a way to know. But more and more it seems like it’s the accessories lol. The paper in the box or whatever, or even scanning the footbed under the insole, or something else you can’t even tell from wearing.
With authentics having so much variance it’s scary times. I still think the 1:1 days will be here at some point.

You’re not wrong, a shoe doesn’t have to be 1:1 for it to be hard to legit check. I think the problem folks have is that they think "quality" is what they should be focusing on when trying to evaluate reps these days and they shouldnt be. In a lot of cases you arent getting an "inferior" shoe when you buy a rep, youre getting a different shoe. I saw the latest and greatest when it comes to reps the other day for the reverse mochas. quality was on par with nike in absultely everything. the reverse swoosh was about 2 shades lighter, the white leather had a slight grey tone to it, and the laces that came with them were a shade darker in almost every color. Thats not a quality control issue, its an accuracy issue.

Shoes are only getting hard to LC because people assume the batch defects are QC issues from Nike. I blame Nike 100%. But with the Mocha Highs, no replica has been able to replicate the color of the suede. Not even the companies that say they use retail materials.

Shoes are only getting hard to LC because people assume the batch defects are QC issues from Nike. I blame Nike 100%. But with the Mocha Highs, no replica has been able to replicate the color of the suede. Not even the companies that say they use retail materials.

The OG High Mochas and the Off white 4s are the bar I hold the overall rep industry too. If they ever get those right people really should start worrying

This is very true. It’s getting to the point if you’ve never seen the retail or don’t have it in hand you’ll never be able to tell the difference.
I’ve seen some scary close but the grey hue is usually off a bit, the only reason I knew is because I have the shoe.
That seems like the only thing that can’t be fully replicated.

The OG High Mochas and the Off white 4s are the bar I hold the overall rep industry too. If they ever get those right people really should start worrying

Olives came in from trade block. They’re nice, and a welcome addition to my closet. But definitely at the bottom of my list of Travis lows, below the phantoms. They’re with me at work right now so I havent had a chance to really compare them to the reverse mochas but I don’t think I’d put them over those either. If this is your first and only Travis low, go for it. If you’ve got any combination of the OGs, reverse mochas, and phantoms, these will feel redundant.
IMG_4950.jpeg

This is very true. It’s getting to the point if you’ve never seen the retail or don’t have it in hand you’ll never be able to tell the difference.
I’ve seen some scary close but the grey hue is usually off a bit, the only reason I knew is because I have the shoe.
That seems like the only thing that can’t be fully replicated.
Yeah that’s the hurdle that can’t get over, the grey huh on the Mochas. But these all are 3 confirmed retails and they all look different so it really depends on which retail version you’ve seen 😂.

IMG_3077.jpeg
IMG_3073.jpeg
IMG_3074.jpeg
IMG_3070.jpeg
IMG_3071.jpeg
IMG_3075.jpeg
IMG_3076.jpeg
IMG_3072.jpeg

It’s not a particular color that reps suck at it’s the nubuck itself that they don’t get right. Reps will either be too brown and have no transition at all, or too ashy and come off too light. but thats a reflection of the nubuck not being the same. Real pairs transition between both when you touch and handle them. even the ones that look the closest end up feeling different in hand

It’s not a particular color that reps suck at it’s the nubuck itself that they don’t get right. Reps will either be too brown and have no transition at all, or too ashy and come off too light. but thats a reflection of the nubuck not being the same. Real pairs transition between both when you touch and handle them. even the ones that look the closest end up feeling different in hand
So you have! to own legits to know the difference.
That's W for reps no?

So you have! to own legits to know the difference.
That's W for reps no?

In some cases that’s true for sure. But You don’t always have to own them, just be familiar with the flaws that reps have in particular. And not every batch of reps is on the same level or even gets the same things right or wrong. There’s some stuff that once you see it you can’t unsee it. Something that comes to mind is the pocket liner on the olive Travis 6s. Reps have that shoe looking so close except for the pocket liner being a distinctly different color. You wouldn’t notice if you’d didn’t know it’s an issue, but if you did know it’s an issue it’s easy to spot.

but now there’s literally no way to tell unless u have it in hand right next to a retail pair

but now there’s literally no way to tell unless u have it in hand right next to a retail pair

Depends on how deep you want to go, you can analyze box labels, look at production tags since reps tend to repeat certain dates and don’t vary as much as retails do. Check the shape of the overall shoe, insoles, or accessories. Run it through legit app. Like I always say, it’s not hopeless just takes some extra leg work.

Finally got a chance to compare the olives to the reverse mochas and I think my feelings are a bit unchanged. As similar as they are, the reverse mochas the superior shoe imo. Both dope though.
IMG_4972.jpeg
IMG_4974.jpeg
IMG_4973.jpeg

My olives were meh in quality though. The stitching going across the tongue on one of the shoes is crooked. I’m not too bothered by it since it’ll get covered by the the laces but still:smh:
IMG_4975.jpeg

Finally got a chance to compare the olives to the reverse mochas and I think my feelings are a bit unchanged. As similar as they are, the reverse mochas the superior shoe imo. Both dope though.
IMG_4972.jpeg
IMG_4974.jpeg
IMG_4973.jpeg

My olives were meh in quality though. The stitching going across the tongue on one of the shoes is crooked. I’m not too bothered by it since it’ll get covered by the the laces but still:smh:
IMG_4975.jpeg
Quality on my Olives was exact same on tongue but I have a huge glue stain on reverse swoosh where it connects to midsole as well. Guess it makes it easier to wear imo not care as much

Back
Top Bottom