Official Travis Scott x Jordan Thread ...

Is this an actual ad from the brand or did Kanye West just do his own photo shoot for the shoe? It’s very interesting if JB signed off on this considering MJ would not even speak to him after that jumping over the Jumpman line.
TS posted video of Kanye’s face and the shoe on his IG but haven’t seen any of it on any official Nike channels

IMG_2794.jpeg

Might just drunk cop the University of Trexes

Keeheehee

Oops

IMG_0173.gif

pretty sure the site is just a marketing thing to sell clothes and drum up hype for when they flood the market with 23203029 other colors of this monstrosity T Rex.
Tooling is REALLY expensive (think $500k+ for ONE FSR mold) so they will absolutely re-use it to manufacture other releases.

I could honestly see them even doing a non-TS version with the swoosh not reversed, TS logos removed, and flooding retail stores with it.

Makes sense why they wouldn’t call these Jumpman “Jacks” as well since they can release this version of the model without any TS branding and keep the name the same.

at some point, the exclusivity BS has to be given a rest. we are damn near 7-8 years out from his first air force 1, and the stock on every drop of every release under this collab COMBINED is less than a holiday jordan 11 or close to it. At this point they might as well put travis collabs under the marketing budget.

Anyone ever use the "Poizon" app to purchase shoes? Looks like Goat/Ebay/CrapX where they authenticate the shoes before shipping.

at some point, the exclusivity BS has to be given a rest. we are damn near 7-8 years out from his first air force 1, and the stock on every drop of every release under this collab COMBINED is less than a holiday jordan 11 or close to it. At this point they might as well put travis collabs under the marketing budget.
Fusions are arguably the hardest shoes to move at MSRP since they price them higher than Team Js, etc. so I think they knew the only way to move these TS fusions is to make them super limited.

If they release them in small quantities and ensure they are backdoored to the right people, they are hoping they can increase demand for this model (esp. if they plan on releasing them as a non-TS branded GR).

Last edited:
Yeah but they shouldn’t be allowed to make them so limited.
Nobody is buying fusions in large numbers, even with Travis’ name attached to them…

Look at Don C Legacy 312s… Those were initially hyped but eventually people lost interest when they had wider release because they just don’t have the impact to streetwear/casual sneaker culture that retros do.

Fusions ain’t it-this has been proven with almost 20 years of them releasing them now.

Nobody is buying fusions in large numbers, even with Travis’ name attached to them…

Look at Don C Legacy 312s… Those were initially hyped but eventually people lost interest when they had wider release because they just don’t have the impact to streetwear/casual sneaker culture that retros do.

Fusions ain’t it-this has been proven with almost 20 years of them releasing them now.

A Travis signature shoe COULD do numbers given the right time and marketing. Even with these. But they’re not giving anyone a real opportunity to form an opinion on the shoe outside of losing raffles and draws. If the intention is to make an impact on the sneaker market you’ve gotta get people in the shoes. The strategy has been the exact opposite for the past 7 years so it feels like this collab isn’t actually about selling shoes, it’s about brand presence. Hence what I said about these being in the marketing budget cause that’s all the line serves to do.

It’s even rumored that Travis’s team has a deal
In place with StockX. Which is why we’ve been seeing a flood of special box Travis Scott dunks hit the market over the past year as well as seeing pairs of the mac attacks on instant ship weeks before the snkrs exclusive drop.

A Travis signature shoe COULD do numbers given the right time and marketing. Even with these. But they’re not giving anyone a real opportunity to form an opinion on the shoe outside of losing raffles and draws. If the intention is to make an impact on the sneaker market you’ve gotta get people in the shoes. The strategy has been the exact opposite for the past 7 years so it feels like this collab isn’t actually about selling shoes, it’s about brand presence. Hence what I said about these being in the marketing budget cause that’s all the line serves to do.

It’s even rumored that Travis’s team has a deal
In place with StockX. Which is why we’ve been seeing a flood of special box Travis Scott dunks hit the market over the past year as well as seeing pairs of the mac attacks on instant ship weeks before the snkrs exclusive drop.
You don’t think the Nike Air Yeezys had a significant impact? Those were even more limited than these.

I agree that Travis (like Ye with the Air Yeezys) shoes are primarily for marketing but I bet they will release this model in un-Travis versions just like they did for the non-Doc C Legacy 312s. Tooling costs a lot to make and I don’t think it was a coincidence that “Jack” isn’t built into the tooling itself (so they can use the mold for the non-TS versions in the future).

You don’t think the Nike Air Yeezys had a significant impact? Those were even more limited than these.

I agree that Travis (like Ye with the Air Yeezys) shoes are primarily for marketing but I bet they will release this model in un-Travis versions just like they did for the non-Doc C Legacy 312s. Tooling costs a lot to make and I don’t think it was a coincidence that “Jack” isn’t built into the tooling itself (so they can use the mold for the non-TS versions in the future).

By impact I mean presence more than I mean significance. The Nike Air Yeezy line had a huge impact culturally but it seems clear that it was never the intention to make a mass market shoe out of the Kanye collaboration. For Travis, spending 7 years releasing collabs on mostly popular existing models and then giving him his own shoe makes it look like Nike wants to “grow” the collab or make people think that, but that’s not materializing in their release schedule. If the goal is to release more Jackless versions of the shoe, it would require them to actually get the sboes out there on peoples feet, especially because history tells Nike how things go for new things when the crowd hasn’t been prepared for it.

As far as manufacturing goes, tooling has been fairly expensive in the past. But Nike has spent alot
Of time and money in manufacturing to allow them to shorten lead times significantly. So creating something As “new” as a fusion isn’t nearly as cost and time prohibitive anymore.

• Nike is looking to reduce lead times for its orders from 60 days to a mere ten days by redesigning its logistics network, nearshoring more facilities, improving contract manufacturer relationships and investing in automation, Quartz reports.
  • By the end of 2018, Nike plans to have installed a minimum of 1,200 new automated machines at its Asian suppliers’ factories, in order to speed cutting, cementing, shoe assembly, and sole creation
  • Industry experts predict that such efforts will likely improve margins and help attain greater market share. Nearshoring reduces shipping expenses, import duties, and over-production risks.

A lot of it is under the guise of sustainability but in reality, just like the rest of the manufacturing world,
COVID put a spot light on a lot of issues with the supply chain. Nike is taking steps to mitigate further issues.

By impact I mean presence more than I mean significance. The Nike Air Yeezy line had a huge impact culturally but it seems clear that it was never the intention to make a mass market shoe out of the Kanye collaboration. For Travis, spending 7 years releasing collabs on mostly popular existing models and then giving him his own shoe makes it look like Nike wants to “grow” the collab or make people think that, but that’s not materializing in their release schedule. If the goal is to release more Jackless versions of the shoe, it would require them to actually get the sboes out there on peoples feet, especially because history tells Nike how things go for new things when the crowd hasn’t been prepared for it.

As far as manufacturing goes, tooling has been fairly expensive in the past. But Nike has spent alot
Of time and money in manufacturing to allow them to shorten lead times significantly. So creating something As “new” as a fusion isn’t nearly as cost and time prohibitive anymore.

• Nike is looking to reduce lead times for its orders from 60 days to a mere ten days by redesigning its logistics network, nearshoring more facilities, improving contract manufacturer relationships and investing in automation, Quartz reports.
  • By the end of 2018, Nike plans to have installed a minimum of 1,200 new automated machines at its Asian suppliers’ factories, in order to speed cutting, cementing, shoe assembly, and sole creation
  • Industry experts predict that such efforts will likely improve margins and help attain greater market share. Nearshoring reduces shipping expenses, import duties, and over-production risks.

A lot of it is under the guise of sustainability but in reality, just like the rest of the manufacturing world,
COVID put a spot light on a lot of issues with the supply chain. Nike is taking steps to mitigate further issues.
I mean Adidas did this with the Yeezy 350 V1.. That model was initially insanely limited and they released V2s into exponentially growing releases with every subsequent release. Only when they had milked the V2 model did they release V1s again years later as retros but the “initially extremely limited” gimmick of the 350 V1s (and 750s) absolutely worked for the line.

To your point, Nike did release Cactus Corp TS releases that were seemingly more widely available and those bricked terribly but I do think they are intentionally trying to manipulate the resell market to grow perceived value of the brand.

Hell, to this point, we might even see more widely available Cactus Corp T-Rex that are distinguished from the Jumpman Jack versions.

If we’re being honest, I think they know these would not sell well at MSRP on their own as a GR so they have to grow interest in the model through Travis marketing them and building hype. The most hilarious thing about this is that the sneaker resell market is down bad rn so this is going to be much harder than just a few years ago.

I mean Adidas did this with the Yeezy 350 V1.. That model was initially insanely limited and they released V2s into exponentially growing releases with every subsequent release. Only when they had milked the V2 model did they release V1s again years later as retros but the “initially extremely limited” gimmick of the 350 V1s (and 750s) absolutely worked for the line.

It only worked because on the other side of the strategy was growing the brand and scaling up production. The difference between Nike and adidas is that adidas had the much harder task of setting up a new product line and scaling it up. The bulk of Nikes collabs with Travis have been on product lines that have been mass produced for decades.

To your point, Nike did release Cactus Corp TS releases that were seemingly more widely available and those bricked terribly but I do think they are intentionally trying to manipulate the resell market to grow perceived value of the brand.

There’s was defintely less demand for those air trainers but they were still tier 0/boutique exclusive which means stock wasn’t too crazy. And I still stuck out on snkrs for every pair in that drop lol

If we’re being honest, I think they know these would not sell well at MSRP on their own as a GR so they have to grow interest in the model through Travis marketing them and building hype. The most hilarious thing about this is that the sneaker resell market is down bad rn so this is going to be much harder than just a few years ago.

This is why I said this might as well be funnled all under marketing because if their goal isn’t to sell more Travis shoes, what’s the point? Nike releases
Plenty of trainer style sneakers. They know exactly how they traditionally perform from a retail perspective. What Success looks like should be based on whatever drives them to continue releasing air trainers plus whatever demand comes from the Travis Scott collab. Nike isn’t making the decision to give Travis a trainer as his first signature expecting to compete with Jordan retros in terms of numbers. But in the numbers most Travis Scott shoes have been released they’re not competing with anything. If a tear down model on the horizon, keeping these out of peoples hands isn’t going to drive people towards a tear down.

It only worked because on the other side of the strategy was growing the brand and scaling up production. The difference between Nike and adidas is that adidas had the much harder task of setting up a new product line and scaling it up. The bulk of Nikes collabs with Travis have been on product lines that have been mass produced for decades.

There’s was defintely less demand for those air trainers but they were still tier 0/boutique exclusive which means stock wasn’t too crazy. And I still stuck out on snkrs for every pair in that drop lol

This is why I said this might as well be funnled all under marketing because if their goal isn’t to sell more Travis shoes, what’s the point? Nike releases
Plenty of trainer style sneakers. They know exactly how they traditionally perform from a retail perspective. What Success looks like should be based on whatever drives them to continue releasing air trainers plus whatever demand comes from the Travis Scott collab. Nike isn’t making the decision to give Travis a trainer as his first signature expecting to compete with Jordan retros in terms of numbers. But in the numbers most Travis Scott shoes have been released they’re not competing with anything. If a tear down model on the horizon, keeping these out of peoples hands isn’t going to drive people towards a tear down.
To be clear, I’m only talking about the TS T-Rex/Jumpman Jack line. Obviously, Nike/JB have the infrastructure to make retros in huge GR releases lol

I also think you are underrating how many people don’t want to rock fusions. The only way to make a fusion model enticing is to build up hype and the way they are doing that is by making them in such little quantity that resell is insane. Eventually, people get used to seeing the model and it is hyped enough that they will cave and buy the takedown or GR version without TS “JACK” branding, etc. I guarantee you this is the long term strategy because fusions can’t rely on the rich MJ-led and sneaker history like retros can (to include TS retros). Until then, nobody is buying this Jordan Brand shoe for MSRP without Travis’ name and branding attached to it, regardless of how limited it is.

Because it was a 2 or because Don C was the name on it? Travis' influence can reach farther than a Don C imo. Most people gotta Google Don C
What AJ 2 collabs are/were ever hyped?

To my knowledge, only Don Cs and Off-White were ever hyped (not counting DBs since I’m not sure if they are a collab and Eminem 2s weren’t really released).

Don C definitely had influence-not anywhere near Travis but enough that he was able to help them move and hype up those Retro 2s. That said, the moment they threw his name on a Fusion (Legacy 312) it was clear they wouldn’t sell at MSRP without his name when they released without the “Just Don” branding.

Back
Top Bottom