Official Travis Scott x Jordan Thread ...

I found this old post from user Jshortt, long read but he’s not exaggerating when he says NTers were lined up to buy those fake black/red 11 lows back then:

“The epidemic as we now know it, started on here around late 2000/early 2001. When Jordan didn't retro the Black/Red XI's, the factories in Chinarealized there was a HUGE demand, they were missing out on a LOT of money, and decided to cash in. The created a "replica" black/red XI, and peoplewanted them so badly, they bought in at $150 a pop. They were brought to us first, right here on NT, by Hata-Takahashi. I remember the waiting list for a pairof these on NT was a MILE long...yes you heard that right. NT'ers were rocking these like there was no tomorrow, and they couldn't be produced quicklyenough. Next, the O.G. colors made their way out, along with O.G. colored "patent" low tops, and then a while later, all the crazy colors startedshowing up. For a long time, it was just crazy colored XI's and the Burberry/Gucci AFI's. The Black/Cement IV's slipped in under the radar. Theyhit Ebay, and shoe heads were getting owned right and left, thinking they were getting good deals on Retro IV's, until they got the shoes in the mail.Eventually, NT caught on, and made a list of what to look for. But the fake makers just took that, and corrected everything.”

Last edited:
I had friend in HS who wore fake 11s (the infamous all black pair...before there even was an all black pair of 11s) :lol:

I never said anything though.

Remember when you could easily tell when kicks were fake ? All you had to do was look at the shape or colorway. Crazy how good they've gotten.

I wanted these so badly, but cannot justify paying resale. They would've been my first pair of Jordan 1's. I just love the colorway and design. I'm thinking about finding a fake pair to buy and wear just because I love the way they look.

As far as just trying to buy a pair of shoes like and want to wear, this whole experience has been pretty disheartening. Then again, i'm pretty new to this side of the sneaker game. Congrats to everyone who got these for retail.

My fav is when they go down the rabbit hole of explaining "unauthorized retail pairs" ..."it's the same materials! they are just made after hours when the boss goes home to his loving wife and 6 children! Then they make them on the side and sell them out the back door! It's the same materials bro!"

My fav is when they go down the rabbit hole of explaining "unauthorized retail pairs" ..."it's the same materials! they are just made after hours when the boss goes home to his loving wife and 6 children! Then they make them on the side and sell them out the back door! It's the same materials bro!"
@freakydestroyer made statements like his before.

But if they fell for the finesse, that’s something they couldn’t control.

Cats be putting up the real deal pics but get sent fakes in the box.
If they’re very close fakes sell em on the apps and hope for the best. If they’re some horrible ****s bark at her lol

I also caught myself caring about fakes last year when my homegirl said her boyfriend had like all the pairs I have. "That's wassup, great minds." I wore my OW Chis one day and he had them on too by chance, and they were horridly fake. She was like "see! I told you." I just smiled and agreed. I ain't say nothing to him, but we both knew lol. I reiterated to myself what another man wears has nothing to do with me. You like it, I love it

That's where I am at. People can do whatever they want with their money. As long as it isn't hurting anyone else, you do you. Not for me to judge.

As much as I despise fakes and everything they stand for no need to bring the special olympics into this. Some things you don’t make fun of
I’m guessing you never watched Doug Stanhope live. Its a Quote from one of his bits.... sorry I triggered you .. do you want a 10% Nike coupon for your troubles? If so just go do a survey cause I ain’t giving you ✌

Oh working hard doesn’t make sense to you?
I should’ve worked harder to make sure president trump didn’t become president.

These tariffs aren’t my fault or the consumers fault.

I’ll work as hard as I can but it’s not gonna to solely obtain material items.

I’m guessing you never watched Doug Stanhope live. Its a Quote from one of his bits.... sorry I triggered you .. do you want a 10% Nike coupon for your troubles? If so just go do a survey cause I ain’t giving you ✌
Nah man you’re corny and disrespectful. We don’t cross those lines talking about mentally challenged ppl or ppls family members. You’re either a child/cornball or both

I should’ve worked harder to make sure president trump didn’t become president.

These tariffs aren’t my fault.

I’ll work as hard as I can but it’s not gonna to solely obtain material items.

But how did what I say NOT MAKE SENSE? All we can do is control our actions and work/grind through it. It is what it is.

I wanted these so badly, but cannot justify paying resale. They would've been my first pair of Jordan 1's. I just love the colorway and design. I'm thinking about finding a fake pair to buy and wear just because I love the way they look.

See, like this... I can't even fault homie, if he can't or doesn't want to shell out the bread for the real pair * shrug *. As long as you don't tell people they're real if they ask, you good on my book. ... But in the same breath, I couldn't care less if you did tell people they were authentic lol. Just don't sell resell them as such, that's the issue I have.

a mod didnt like what u said either, cause its gone. doesnt matter where its from. its in bad taste. you gonna double down and tell mod to kick rocks?

Back
Top Bottom