Official Travis Scott x Jordan Thread ...

Im fortunate enough to work for a hospital so I’m still going in everyday till they give us the ok to work from home so I’m still looking at kicks lol. Everyone out there be safe tho

I have to say, I look back on the past year and how much cash I blew paying resell on TS1 High/Low and TS6, and I can't help but feel like a fool. Not only did resell go down on 2/3 from what I paid (quite a lot I might add), but now with the given situation, I think having extra cash on hand would've been a lot more beneficial. Fortunately, I'm in a good place where I'm still getting paid to work from home and tenured, but man, the future is never a certain thing in these trying times. Might have to offload some pairs soon if my bid for a place goes in.

I have to say, I look back on the past year and how much cash I blew paying resell on TS1 High/Low and TS6, and I can't help but feel like a fool. Not only did resell go down on 2/3 from what I paid (quite a lot I might add), but now with the given situation, I think having extra cash on hand would've been a lot more beneficial. Fortunately, I'm in a good place where I'm still getting paid to work from home and tenured, but man, the future is never a certain thing in these trying times. Might have to offload some pairs soon if my bid for a place goes in.

goes back to the convo we had in the OW thread with another member that was saying that the coronavirus is unrelated to resale market going down. People definitely unloading pairs. I mean no one would have predicted a pandemic sweeping across the globe. People that guessed that certain shoes wouldn't go down would have been right if there wasn't a virus.

I wouldn’t lose sleep over it. This is a hobby that you enjoy and frankly hobbies are more important than ever in moments of high stress.

Beating yourself up achieves nothing but more stress. Obviously if you think it makes sense to sell something—do so, but don’t put yourself down.

There are LOTS of markets affected by the pandemic.I mean look at the stock market! If you invested in it two months ago things are looking pretty bleak. Shoes aren’t stocks, but I’m sure there are quite a few people feeling that pain.

I come here as a bit of an escape from what’s going on. It’s fun to talk about things that don’t matter because I—and I’m sure most of you—am spending most of the time trying to keep our jobs and provide for our families amidst all of this uncertainty. You’ll go crazy without the fun distractions.

Frankly I hope the money from the shoes I bought helped someone who needed the money more than I did.

Does the price going down not worry anyone about more fakes making it through the StockX check team?

goes back to the convo we had in the OW thread with another member that was saying that the coronavirus is unrelated to resale market going down. People definitely unloading pairs. I mean no one would have predicted a pandemic sweeping across the globe. People that guessed that certain shoes wouldn't go down would have been right if there wasn't a virus.
Yea for sure man. I keep getting notifications on GOAT/SX that there's a lower price now. I see that my local consignment shops are closed in the next week or two and I think I also saw the same thing for other consignment shops on the mainland like Round Two. Can only imagine that these shops also sitting on a ton of product that's not gonna move at the prices that sellers want to get back. It's going to take a long time for prices to rebound to anything that they were at prior to the COVID-19 pandemic and I still think we haven't seen the bottom for most things still.

Last pair of size 12 TS6s sold for $464 on StockX and an authentic pair on Grailed is sitting there at $430. I’m not spending that cash now, but I might spurge for my birthday in early May

I wouldn’t lose sleep over it. This is a hobby that you enjoy and frankly hobbies are more important than ever in moments of high stress.

Beating yourself up achieves nothing but more stress. Obviously if you think it makes sense to sell something—do so, but don’t put yourself down.

There are LOTS of markets affected by the pandemic.I mean look at the stock market! If you invested in it two months ago things are looking pretty bleak. Shoes aren’t stocks, but I’m sure there are quite a few people feeling that pain.

I come here as a bit of an escape from what’s going on. It’s fun to talk about things that don’t matter because I—and I’m sure most of you—am spending most of the time trying to keep our jobs and provide for our families amidst all of this uncertainty. You’ll go crazy without the fun distractions.

Frankly I hope the money from the shoes I bought helped someone who needed the money more than I did.
Great mindset to have in times like this! Definitely agree that hobbies are needed in the current state of things. Too bad my state is outlawing groups of 10 or more so I can't even get in a good game of 5 on 5 in basketball (not that I'd trust getting that close to people). It's definitely not a bad time to scoop something you've been eyeing on the low, a personal grail perhaps. To be fair though, it does feel a little financially irresponsible no matter what the circumstances are.

The 6’s are at 500$ for size 8.5 god damn I want to pull the trigger but I feel like it could go down even more.
Everything will continue to go down. I saw on Yahoo that it'll take 18 months or somewhere along those lines for things to start recovering. Normal people are definitely not blowing their wads paying resell on shoes in a time of a pandemic. I would also go out on a limb and say even the overseas buyers aren't driving up the market on paying resell either so naturally, things are going to come down on a lot of things.

Totally agree and can see this happening sooner rather than later. As much as we all love shoes, I do suggest to hold on tight to whatever people may have saved up to this point.

Last pair of size 12 TS6s sold for $464 on StockX and an authentic pair on Grailed is sitting there at $430. I’m not spending that cash now, but I might spurge for my birthday in early May
Yeah just sold mine in GOAT size 12. Was over holding them, least favorite of the bunch.

To be fair though, it does feel a little financially irresponsible no matter what the circumstances are.
I agree. It makes sense to sell if you have to, and it makes even more sense not to buy. I’m just saying that there is no use worrying what you bought prior to the crisis.

not sure whats what some stays constant and some plummets.. the women's blue chill pair is like down 100 bucks from last year.. wow. TS dunks however still over 1k.

lol yeah i'm watching the blue chill 1s too.
I have a whole list and i'm going to cross out the sneakers on it one by one.
**** you SNKRS/Nike/Travis Scott.

Bulky uncomfortable and not as classic to me. Had black infrared 6’s and sold em a while back too. l take a 1 or AF1 any day of the week.

Funny you should say this cause to me the VI’s are the best of the Travis Jordan releases.

That’s why it’s great that we all have different tastes/interests; makes life worth living.

i want to pull the trigger on the 6's but i shall resist especially with a recession that might be coming up soon

Back
Top Bottom