Official Trinidad James Thread

this right here shows me there is still some hope.

please stop putting the spotlight on those chicago scrubs like keef and the 30 other morons that sound like him too.

they are only buying more guns with those checks so i guess its a good thing.

and oh yeah hopefully..

"migos got next" 

If you think lil herb, lil bibby, and King Louie scrubs than place get your ears checked

this right here shows me there is still some hope.

please stop putting the spotlight on those chicago scrubs like keef and the 30 other morons that sound like him too.

they are only buying more guns with those checks so i guess its a good thing.

and oh yeah hopefully..

"migos got next" 

If you mean Migos next to get dropped, they not even signed.

^Migos signed to 300/Atlantic

That was the saddest tweet ever tho :rofl:

I'm sure nobody is surprised doesn't really seem like he was putting in any work anyway

Last edited:
Hope he saved some money and didn't spend it all on grey market Jordan's.

Doubt it if he had nobody in his corner to tell him he was trash and not to take that def jam deal. What's mind boggling to me is he runs with a lot of underground Atlanta rapper kids and it seems nobody even tries to write for him or at least help him with his flow

Doubt it if he had nobody in his corner to tell him he was trash and not to take that def jam deal. What's mind boggling to me is he runs with a lot of underground Atlanta rapper kids and it seems nobody even tries to write for him or at least help him with his flow

What the hell are you talking about? He was working retail before the deal, Def jam threw millions at him and you're saying he should've turned it down?

Man sit down. Yea he sucked but it's not his fault the label threw that money at him. You'd be a fool to turn that down.

What the hell are you talking about? He was working retail before the deal, Def jam threw millions at him and you're saying he should've turned it down?

Man sit down. Yea he sucked but it's not his fault the label threw that money at him. You'd be a fool to turn that down.
A record deal is a loan.

They didn't just hand him a million dollars. 

Last edited:
^ thank you. Everyone is talking like a record deal is a paycheck :lol:

Tbh tho he never even seemed like he wanted to be a rapper or enjoyed it.

The run he had when all gold everything dropped and the video are gonna be great memories tho :pimp: everyone needs a time like that in their life

Last edited:
For him it was. If he actually dropped an album or something then it would be diff.

So basically it was a paycheck
Did you miss the part of his tweet where he said he had no money? 
laugh.gif

A paycheck...you do whatever you want to do with the money.

A record deal...is a loan that you HAVE to use to make more money (studio time, video production, publicists, etc.)

If his deal was a 360...then it's really bad...because whatever show money or merch money he made...he had to kick back to the label. If he didn't manage what little financial income he had coming in the right way...it's back to retail for Trinidad James.

At the time he took off...it was considered a win for him because he turned a cd of free beats into a career. Looking back...it might have been wiser for him to stay indie...and tour off the tape. 

Last edited:
So say if another label signs him does Def Jam have their hands in his pocket til the loan is paid back?

Or is their relationship over?

Last edited:
So say if another label signs him does Def Jam have their hands in his pocket til the loan is paid back?

Or is their relationship over?
It may or may not be...but historically that's usually the case. 

For example....Wale got put on by Kenny Burns who ran a small label called Studio 43. He was the first one to give Wale ANY shine. Unfortunately for Wale, even though the relationship was over for years...he had still put his signature on a paper with Burns in the beginning...so when that trash *** Attention Deficit **** came out...there was a Studio 43 sticker on the back of it...and Kenny Burns got a check from that.

Last edited:
Also I read trinidad parents are pretty well off?

I know he had to have some kind of backing with the video and push it got

Also, am I the only one who thought it was dumb that he didn't take that all gold everything image and run with it?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom