OFFICIAL UA CURRY 1 : CHARGED BY BELIEF. PLAYOFFS RELEASE 5/22 /// MVP'S 6/13

Do these shoes bottom out. How's the cushioning and ankle support and grip compared to the kobe 8. Any input ?

Do these shoes bottom out. How's the cushioning and ankle support and grip compared to the kobe 8. Any input ?
The cushioning should last longer than the Kobe 8.  It's been my experience that Micro G outlasts lunarlon.

Ankle support compared to the Kobe 8?  Hmm.  I think you mean just by itself.  I find them to be supportive, but also retaining mobility.  The back is cut low and the upper/tongue work well with the ankle.

Grip is on par once wiped, but I think I wiped the Kobe 8 less frequently.  That could just be perception since I haven't played in the Kobe 8 in a long time.

Overall, I prefer the Curry 1.  It feels more natural underfoot, transition is smoother and it's more durable in terms of cushioning.  All on top of it being $20 lower at retail.

The cushioning should last longer than the Kobe 8.  It's been my experience that Micro G outlasts lunarlon.

Ankle support compared to the Kobe 8?  Hmm.  I think you mean just by itself.  I find them to be supportive, but also retaining mobility.  The back is cut low and the upper/tongue work well with the ankle.

Grip is on par once wiped, but I think I wiped the Kobe 8 less frequently.  That could just be perception since I haven't played in the Kobe 8 in a long time.

Overall, I prefer the Curry 1.  It feels more natural underfoot, transition is smoother and it's more durable in terms of cushioning.  All on top of it being $20 lower at retail.

I concur with this assessment. Nice summary. Just make sure to keep the Currys laced snug to keep that stability. The shoes are plenty flexible while laced snug.

Taxi Camo was a must for me when I first saw them. Glad I was able to get hooked up with them. My first pair of Curry 1 btw. Itching to get em on court.
beautiful picture. Love the Curry Ones. thinking if i should paint my UA symbol white tho lol

Yes I did! Cool collector's item although I would rather have another pair in my size so that I can actually wear them
laugh.gif
if you want an unsigned Home, we could trade you know... LOL. its definitely a collectors piece!

So this foam cushioning bottoms out eventually?

It's foam cushioning man.  It's going to bottom out eventually.  I think there are only a few substances on this Earth that don't ever deteriorate and micro G ain't one of em.

It's my personal favorite foam out right now, although I haven't played in WoW's or Peak shoes or anything like that.  But compared to Lunarlon and Adiprene and now Jetlon, I still have micro G at the top.  Jetlon sure feels good underfoot though.

I agree that Micro G is my favorite foam cushioning out there. Great impact protection and longevity with some bounce to it.

It's foam cushioning man.  It's going to bottom out eventually.  I think there are only a few substances on this Earth that don't ever deteriorate and micro G ain't one of em.

It's my personal favorite foam out right now, although I haven't played in WoW's or Peak shoes or anything like that.  But compared to Lunarlon and Adiprene and now Jetlon, I still have micro G at the top.  Jetlon sure feels good underfoot though.
I have played in WoW and Peaks and I think micro G is better. 

Recently played in them brandblacks, whatever cushioning they use is better than every brand out there .. Dead serious
But micro g is up there also

^repped.

I'm in for underdogs so trying to chill on the aways but it is another colorway iD love to have...

iks mod iks mod

Saw someone posted about BrandBlacks up there - weren't you telling me about how nice those shoes were?

Should have my Dark Matters on Monday, gonna give them a good run on Tuesday morning and I'll share my thoughts in comparison to LBJ 12 and Kobe X, the other kicks currently in my rotation...

@iks mod

Saw someone posted about BrandBlacks up there - weren't you telling me about how nice those shoes were?

Should have my Dark Matters on Monday, gonna give them a good run on Tuesday morning and I'll share my thoughts in comparison to LBJ 12 and Kobe X, the other kicks currently in my rotation...
Yessir, J.C II is definitely worth a look.  

Good to hear you'll be trying the Curry 
smokin.gif
  Have you been hooping in the Clutchfit at all? I think you mentioned you have

I was hooping in the CFs but then my younger cousin came over and he's in 10th grade and my size haha, so he was really feeling the look of them and I gave my pair to him for his season for school this year. Kinda regret it haha, but that small gesture damn near made his year so it's all worth it.

Some say same as CF others say not as great, is the Curry 1 good in its own right or not up to par? Jw, seems mixed from reading back...

This is what I tell people.  If you haven't played in either the Drive or the Curry 1, get at least one of them.

If you've played in one of them, you aren't really missing out on the other.  They're very, very similar.  The only difference to me is the Drive's cushioning seems to be slightly more substantial.  Seems a bit thinner in the Curry 1, but that could just be me.

This is what I tell people.  If you haven't played in either the Drive or the Curry 1, get at least one of them.

If you've played in one of them, you aren't really missing out on the other.  They're very, very similar.  The only difference to me is the Drive's cushioning seems to be slightly more substantial.  Seems a bit thinner in the Curry 1, but that could just be me.
@Sk33terMcG33  -- first off, hats off to you for giving them to your Cuz!  

I agree w/ Deezy here.

To be honest, I find myself enjoying both models almost equally.  The ride on the Currys is a little bit firmer.  Upper materials differ but I think both fit/feel great.

Last edited:
Played ball in the CR a couple of days ago. Very comfortable shoe. Will def be usin' it to ball frequently.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom