Official UEFA Champions League Finals thread (Man Utd. vs. Barcelona 2:45 Wednesday on ESPN)

I expect Man Utd. to come out with the same team they used in the 2nd leg vs. Arsenal minus Darren Fletcher.

Barca's starting XI is anyones guess. Abidal and Alves are suspended while Henry and Iniesta are injury doubts (it seems like they'll be startersthough).

My prediction is Man Utd. wins 2-0
frown.gif

i have man u winning it but i'll be rooting for barca

benefit with alves out is that ur going to have an actual back 4 instead of three
laugh.gif

Im rooting fro Barca but i doubt they would pull the W, their defense will be all bench (No marquez, Abidal, Alves, Puyol)

Hopefully Pique does a good job on Rooney, if they can control both CR and Rooney; they might be able to pull it off

Does anyone else think this will break ratings?

this has been one of the biggest, if not the biggest CL Final since i can remember

Rooney to score early on..within 20 minutes of the start.

I'm still nervous that barca will pull out the win, it all depends if Rio,Vidic,Evra and whoever we have as a RB shut em down.

Final score: 3-2 Manchester United in Extra Time

Messi will have the most "inspired" game of his LIFE and will score the game winner.

Barcelona FTW!

Originally Posted by grusumm18

op forgot puyol too
I just did a quick google search and it says that Puyol is healthy...Marquez is the one that is out injured.

It appears that Barca's D will look like this...

Sylvinho - Pique - Yaya Toure - Puyol

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

I want Barca to win but I see Man U taking it. Barca has too many players out.

I really cant wait to see Barca play here in Seattle over the summer.

I can't really decide who will win. I just hope it is NOT decided by penalties.

with that said, i HATE manyoo! So, by default...

viva barca!

Originally Posted by trunks206

WHAT?!?! When does Barca come?

I got tickets for Chelsea when they come here on July 18th
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Scienz of Life

Originally Posted by trunks206

WHAT?!?! When does Barca come?

I got tickets for Chelsea when they come here on July 18th
pimp.gif

Didn't know Barca was going... thought it was only Chelsea vs. the Seadogs...

anyway...

[h1]Man United go back to 1991 to wear all-white[/h1]
Reuters
May 26, 2009

Manchester United will play in an all-white strip when they face Barcelona in the Champions League final on Wednesday, just as they did when they beat them in the 1991 European Cup Winners' Cup final.

United are designated as the "away" team at the Stadio Olimpico which meant Barcelona had first choice of strip and opted to play in their traditional blue and red kit.

As United's first strip is red and their second is blue, they decided to play in all-white, the colours of Barcelona's arch-rivals Real Madrid.

Ferguson laughed when he was reminded at a news conference on Tuesday that the last time Barcelona faced a team wearing all-white they beat them 6-2 -- the margin of Barcelona's victory over Real on May 2.

"That was not a defeat, that was an annihilation," responded Ferguson.

"We had to change our strip and our first two strips clashed, but we are very happy to be wearing white - very happy - and we are better than Madrid," he joked.

United wore all-blue when they won the European Cup in 1968 and their traditional red-and-white kit when they won in 1999 and last year. Barcelona wore an all-orange kit when they won in 1992 and their traditional kit when they beat Arsenal in 2006.

We can hold them with that D line.

As long as we produce more offensively then they do, we should be good.

It's going to be good on their half either way since we have the best attacking conglomerate and they arguably have the best defensive one.

Like I said, Messi with the game winner in the game of his LIFE!

^ its Messi's time to really step into the Barca #10!

Looks like Iniesta and Henry will play. My biggest concern is the D line. We need an "unsung hero" to step up on D. Maybe Pique or Yaya Toure...

Can't wait for the game !

Originally Posted by wizards23

^ its Messi's time to really step into the Barca #10!

Looks like Iniesta and Henry will play. My biggest concern is the D line. We need an "unsung hero" to step up on D. Maybe Pique or Yaya Toure...

Can't wait for the game !
QFT!!!!!
pimp.gif

I have faith in BOTH Pique and Yaya.

ALL I HOPE FOR IS NON PARTIAL REFEREES.

I cant imagine us winning if CR is getting calls.

If he gets a call every time he lets himself fall then we will be in trouble. Trying to defend too many set pieces will be devastating.

I have faith either way.

We have 2 of 3 trophies.

Tomorrow we go for GLORY!!!!!

300.jpg

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]THIS IS[/color] BAR[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]ÇA[/color][color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]!!!!![/color]

Back
Top Bottom