Official UEFA Champions League Finals thread (Man Utd. vs. Barcelona 2:45 Wednesday on ESPN)

im going to have a hard time falling asleep. this game imo is just to close to call. i picked a bad time to quit smoking herb.

Im with Manchester United. btw if you guys remember last time they played, C. Ronaldo didnt do jack! this will be a very good match and really cant wait towatch it nor sleep(430am).
hopefully C. Ronaldo hits them with one of these. lol
dmqgp0.gif

Will Puyol and Henry be playing for Barca tonight? Two very important players they were missing in the game against Chelsea..

[h1][/h1]
[h1]United fan suffers stabbing in Rome[/h1]
A Manchester United fan is recovering in Rome after being stabbed ahead of the Champions League final.

The supporter was attacked near his hotel in the Italian capital by up to four suspects in the early hours of this morning, according to Sky Sports News.

The man received stab wounds to the left leg and was later discharged from hospital.

A spokesperson for Greater Manchester Police in Rome said: "I can confirm that we have received reports of a stabbing in Rome. "We have no details yet of the incident but we are making full inquiries."

The 54-year-old male victim discharged himself from hospital after his condition was not deemed as serious. A Foreign Office spokesperson said: "We have been receiving reports of an incident and are looking into it."

In Rome, British Embassy spokesman Pierluigi Puglia added: "We know that a British man was stabbed in the left leg overnight and was later released from hospital.

"We have spoken to two of his friends who contacted us but we are still trying to trace the man himself to check he is well.

"I do not believe any arrests were made in connection with this incident and we have no reported arrests elsewhere."

LINK: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=650114&sec=uefachampionsleague&cc=4716

what the hell...
smh.gif

question, does anyone know what time or what channel will have the replay ? i cant take off work and dont get home until after 530 pm eastern,.

thanks in advance.

i looked up online but couldnt find anything, smh

awww man also took off work... purposely didnt getup till noon so the wait wouldnt be so unbearable, well its not even 12 30

and i cant take this haha

*goes to bottle shop to get 2 pints of Heiny*

damn cant wait for this game to start, missed class and all
smh.gif
tongue.gif

dont have a fav. but hope we get to see a good match
smokin.gif

Starting to get ansy...Just 2 hrs left.

I'm changing my prediction...Messi with a double-hat trick by halftime. Barca wins 12-3 in the most thrilling finals since 2005.

Hopefully Man U takes care of business.

Anyone have an update on Henry, is he going to play?

It's likely Henry and Iniesta will start. Barca dont even need Henry to be 70% healthy for him to have an impact on the game. His prescence alone willspread out Man Utd's defence which'll give Eto'o and Messi more space out there.

Iniesta will have to play good if Barca are to win...I'm guessing Barca will have a 3-man midfield vs. 5 Man Utd guys in the middle (actually 4 sinceRonaldo never tracks back
laugh.gif
).

Sir Alex holds the key to this one...

Berba and Tevez on the bench...
Ronaldo to start upfront with Rooney playing wide left and Park on the opposite side...
let's see if he can trouble Barca's makeshift defence with his pace...

with Fletcher out,i can see Giggs in a three-man central midfield alongside Carrick and Anderson...
no major change in the back four i think,unless Rio fails to recover from his injury...

Just woke up, showered, and have begun to take a few back.

Heinekin of course.
laugh.gif

I am ready for this game.

I was just gonna stay in my house and watch it, but I saw two different people on the train wearing Barca jerseys and I couldn't resist heckling them.
laugh.gif

That convinced me that I really need to go to a bar to watch this.

Back
Top Bottom