Official UEFA Champions League Finals thread (Man Utd. vs. Barcelona 2:45 Wednesday on ESPN)

smh! in the last thread it was chelsea this... chelsea that.

anyway, no need to get into that again. Just like I said in that other thread, Barca has been the best team throughout the year, they deserved to be in the final, and they showed their class throughout the game.

I'm so glad Manyoo lost.

You're opening a can of worms.
laugh.gif

My opinion from that 2nd leg has not changed. Find the thread, I clearly stated Barcelona was the best throughout the season. However, that does not entitle ateam. Just as Chelsea wasn't going to back down because they had been inconsistent throughout the season. Compare Chelsea's performance andUnited's vs. Barcelona.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Yes, Madrid will be without Ronaldo.
agreed. madrid aint winning the ucl anytime soon either. no team chemistry. not to mention they go through waaay to many managers. but even ifthey do get ronaldo. we'll prob replace him with franck ribery which aint to shabby either.

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Barcelona put on one of the best displays I've ever seen. Think about it...they made Manchester United look like children out there.

Leo Messi showed why he is the best player on the planet right now. He makes his team mates better and never gives up. On the other hand you had C. Ronaldo who shot every ball that came his way and just gave up on the match after the 70th minute. Even when it was 2-0 and Man Utd. completely fell apart, Messi was running around as if his team was the one that was down 0-2.

Barcelona TORE Man Utd. apart despite missing 2 starting defenders and Thierry Henry obviously labouring.

Puyol, Xavi and Messi were outstanding.

I'm shocked Ferguson came out in such an open formation. He was playing with fire by giving Barcelona so much open space in the middle. Barca can be stopped if you stuff the middle and play like Chelsea however Ferguson felt that his guys could simply outplay Barca...
nah,bro...i think that statement is a bit much...
Barca WAS brilliant,no doubt...but Utd just didn't show up,didn't play their game...
hell,they couldn't even string 3 passes together and kept chasing the ball almost throughout the match...
they made it too easy for Barca...
But why was it difficult for them to do this???

Because they got shut down and outplayed.

CR was neutralized by The Great Puyol...

Man U. got OUTCLASSED.

I don't mean to poke fun at, or rub it in. But if you really think that Carlos Teves made "Overstatements" then you are just a fan in denial.

Manchester could not find the ball the whole game.

This is not because the ball was hiding from them...

Messi is God.

I don't even like Barca but real recognize real he is on his own level.

As far as Cristiano he's obvi top 3, but reading his body language the last few months dude is all but done with Man U.

gutted. completely gutted.

well done to all members of barca nation. and to all true reds keep that red flag flying high cause...i cant even finish it lads...completely gutted, i nearlycried. next season.

tired.gif

Originally Posted by 731balla

But why was it difficult for them to do this???

Because they got shut down and outplayed.

CR was neutralized by The Great Puyol...

Man U. got OUTCLASSED.

I don't mean to poke fun at, or rub it in. But if you really think that Carlos Teves made "Overstatements" then you are just a fan in denial.

Manchester could not find the ball the whole game.

This is not because the ball was hiding from them...

believe me,bro...im not in denial...
smile.gif

we lost to a much better team in Barca...they deserved it for showing more hunger...
i've mentioned that already in my earlier post...

United had a few chances here and there,
and although we got our %%!@+ kicked,at least it wasn't a 4-0 or a 6-2 scoreline like we've seen before...
laugh.gif

will be interesting to see what rubbish story the sun comes up with for tomorrows front page. willing to bet my shoe collection that its something aboutronaldo leaving.

since the European Cup was renamed the Champion's League back in 1992,no team has been able to succesfully defend their title...
so i'm sure next season Barca gonna be the first team to aim for it...
they've already made history by being the first Spanish team to do a treble...

Pep also became the youngest manager ever to win the European Cup...a clean sweep in his first season as a manager...
eek.gif

a first time for Man U too...they've never been in a losing Final till today...
laugh.gif
frown.gif

man how could manu lose by 2

i feel kinda better dat ma man ji sung park was the first asian to play the champions league finals

Originally Posted by FXSANDMAN

man how could manu lose by 2

i feel kinda better dat ma man ji sung park was the first asian to play the champions league finals

but he sucked. lol

Anyone feel that this time around the victory was not as emphatic as their 05-06 campaign?

Don't get me wrong, am a fan of Barcelona, but I guess the hype around them - their excellent form throughout the season was finally put to the test.

When Puyol lifted the trophy this time I didn't feel as much joy as I did when he lifted it in Stade de France.. I'm not sure why, maybe its justbecause in 05-06 they struggled more, and they weren't exactly favourites to win from the start.

What else do Barcelona have left? World Club Championships I guess..

Next season should be interesting, if they can repeat this sort of form, then you have pretty solid base to put them as one of the best teams in history.

Originally Posted by I3

Anyone feel that this time around the victory was not as emphatic as their 05-06 campaign?

Don't get me wrong, am a fan of Barcelona, but I guess the hype around them - their excellent form throughout the season was finally put to the test.

When Puyol lifted the trophy this time I didn't feel as much joy as I did when he lifted it in Stade de France.. I'm not sure why, maybe its just because in 05-06 they struggled more, and they weren't exactly favourites to win from the start.

What else do Barcelona have left? World Club Championships I guess..

Next season should be interesting, if they can repeat this sort of form, then you have pretty solid base to put them as one of the best teams in history.
yeah,you're probably right...
with their spectacular brand of football this season,it was like they were EXPECTED to win everything...

like you've mentioned,next season should be interesting...also,other teams are definitely gonna get stronger...
tough times ahead for Barcelona,especially for Pep...how do you appease the fans from now on?
surely you can't do a treble each and every season...

but for now,i'm not gonna take anything away from them...congrats,Barca...
by far the best team i've seen in any league this season...Messi for the World Player of the Year...
pimp.gif

i'm out...

Samuel E is my favorite striker, so even though I wanted Man to take it, I was happy he found net...and as much as it pains me to say this - Messi's headerwas nothing short of pure beauty.

Me and five other dudes that were on my club team way back in the day went to watch the game. We were all pullin' for Man, we were all drunk, and we wereall pissed. When the final whistle blew, we left in shame, changed our clothes, and #!@!+# bullied the hell outta the poor souls in the park who chose to playus 6 v 6 - it doesn't compare to the team you've been pullin' for since "Eric The King" take the crown, but it's better than gettingarrested.

I officially tip my hat to Barca, and I give Messi his much deserved respect - right now, he's #1.

Some of the Man U fans in here have truely changed my views on the "ManU" fans in general...

For a while I had not met any ManU fans that were good losers...

Always coming up with excuses as to why they lost, ect.

My hats off to some of the ManU fans in here for showing and giving respect where it is due. Also for taking the loss like men.

I hope more losing fans were like this...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Again, hats off...

Originally Posted by wizards23

^ its Messi's time to really step into the Barca #10!

Looks like Iniesta and Henry will play. My biggest concern is the D line. We need an "unsung hero" to step up on D. Maybe Pique or Yaya Toure...

Can't wait for the game !
pimp.gif
The Treble is in the books!

Just watched it on ESPN Classic, I barely watch soccer only when there's nothing else on.
Can someone explain why they added time after the 90 mins was up, what was the point of it?

Back
Top Bottom