Official UEFA Champions League Finals thread (Man Utd. vs. Barcelona 2:45 Wednesday on ESPN)

Well deserved. The best team in Europe throughout the whole season and they showed it tonight. It got worse for United as they started to bring in morestrikers whilst taking out midfielders. Chelsea showed that you had to overload the midfield in order to neutralize Xavi and Iniesta. At one point, they hadRooney, Ronaldo, Tevez, and Berbatov out there.. with 2 real midfielders. Zero chance of holding any good possession.

Vidic, argueably the best CB in the world gets turned inside out in the first goal. Then, Messi scores an open header in between the best CB partnership inEurope.

Park and Anderson were terrible. Carrick never felt comfortable.

Well deserved Barca.. After the first 10 minutes I thought Man U were going to dominate but that goal by Eto'o changed everything.

Messi > Ronaldo. Glad that this game confirmed it and everyone was able to see it.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Well deserved Barca.. After the first 10 minutes I thought Man U were going to dominate but that goal by Eto'o changed everything.

Messi > Ronaldo. Glad that this game confirmed it and everyone was able to see it.

Congrats barca they earned it. We didn't show up at all. Ronaldo didn't show up either. On another note utd have never won while wearing a white kitwhen iv watched them in the cl. If I go to the world cup next year hope I have better luck.

at one point during the broadcast, the announcer was like "and stay tuned later for a battle between two MLS powerhouses." isn't that's likeduring the NFL playoffs the announcer saying "keep an eye out, we'll be broadcasting a small-town JV game too!"

is the CHAMPYUUUUNNNNSSS league theme intentionally corny? and it was a brilliant move for heineken to buy the rights to have their commercial with the song.imagine if budweiser (or some other popular beer) got to use the monday night football theme in their commercials, little kids would think"budweiser" every time they heard that song, brilliant marketing

I enjoy watching soccer, but the one thing that gets me is when players grab their ankles and roll around on the pitch crying after a slide tackle. I don'tmind the flopping - if you want to go down to emphasize contact, whatever, it's really become part of the game now, there's no getting away from it -but I just can't stand the fake injuries. If you want to flop, fine, if you want to stay down for a minute, fine, just don't insult my intelligence bygrabbing your thigh and trashing around on the ground, then getting up and playing like nothing happened. I think FIFA should fine the @#$% out of guys who dothese theatrics and aren't really hurt

Sums it up...
fd62fb98a99c8a5183c42ffdd9ea9c4c-getty-fbl-eur-c1-final-esp-eng-barcelona-manutd.jpg
fe4a1d38174bcf5f9067a17255b0bcaa-getty-fbl-eur-c1-final-esp-eng-barcelona-manutd.jpg

Originally Posted by FlashEightZero

at one point during the broadcast, the announcer was like "and stay tuned later for a battle between two MLS powerhouses." isn't that's like during the NFL playoffs the announcer saying "keep an eye out, we'll be broadcasting a small-town JV game too!"

is the CHAMPYUUUUNNNNSSS league theme intentionally corny? and it was a brilliant move for heineken to buy the rights to have their commercial with the song. imagine if budweiser (or some other popular beer) got to use the monday night football theme in their commercials, little kids would think "budweiser" every time they heard that song, brilliant marketing

I enjoy watching soccer, but the one thing that gets me is when players grab their ankles and roll around on the pitch crying after a slide tackle. I don't mind the flopping - if you want to go down to emphasize contact, whatever, it's really become part of the game now, there's no getting away from it - but I just can't stand the fake injuries. If you want to flop, fine, if you want to stay down for a minute, fine, just don't insult my intelligence by grabbing your thigh and trashing around on the ground, then getting up and playing like nothing happened. I think FIFA should fine the @#$% out of guys who do these theatrics and aren't really hurt

I see where your coming from, Ive been playing soccer my whole life, and those little hit and tackles hut like a motha +%%%+#, its like a quick pain but aftera few minutes it goes away.

I want to congratulate Barcelona and every Barcelona fan in the world
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
my favorite player of all time did work
pimp.gif

Barcelona put on one of the best displays I've ever seen. Think about it...they made Manchester United look like children out there.

Leo Messi showed why he is the best player on the planet right now. He makes his team mates better and never gives up. On the other hand you had C. Ronaldo whoshot every ball that came his way and just gave up on the match after the 70th minute. Even when it was 2-0 and Man Utd. completely fell apart, Messi wasrunning around as if his team was the one that was down 0-2.

Barcelona TORE Man Utd. apart despite missing 2 starting defenders and Thierry Henry obviously labouring.

Puyol, Xavi and Messi were outstanding.

I'm shocked Ferguson came out in such an open formation. He was playing with fire by giving Barcelona so much open space in the middle. Barca can bestopped if you stuff the middle and play like Chelsea however Ferguson felt that his guys could simply outplay Barca.

BTW, the ref did an amazing job today. If anything, I thought that he was a bit too lenient. C. Ronaldo committed 2 harsh tackles before being booked the 3rdtime around.

I also thought the ref was exceptional.

Great Win for Barca. They deserved to win today with their play.

Too bad for Man U LOL.

Originally Posted by xblaze23

Well deserved. The best team in Europe throughout the whole season and they showed it tonight. It got worse for United as they started to bring in more strikers whilst taking out midfielders. Chelsea showed that you had to overload the midfield in order to neutralize Xavi and Iniesta. At one point, they had Rooney, Ronaldo, Tevez, and Berbatov out there.. with 2 real midfielders. Zero chance of holding any good possession.

Vidic, argueably the best CB in the world gets turned inside out in the first goal. Then, Messi scores an open header in between the best CB partnership in Europe.

Park and Anderson were terrible. Carrick never felt comfortable.
smh! in the last thread it was chelsea this... chelsea that.

anyway, no need to get into that again. Just like I said in that other thread, Barca has been the best team throughout the year, they deserved to be in thefinal, and they showed their class throughout the game.

I'm so glad Manyoo lost.

Possession was 53-47 Barca...I could've sworn it was 85-15
laugh.gif

I'm still kind of surprised by how badly Barca outplayed Man Utd. Man Utd. looked like Newcastle out there tonight even though they basically had theirfull squad. Imagine if Henry was in form...Barca might've been able to score 4-5 goals.

Messi got on some sick pair of blue boots...but he chose to score with his head
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Really a shame to lose like this cuz it was definitely not 'vintage' United.... Damn shame. Poor D, midfielders not making their passes and the frontmen not finishing... made it easier for Barca...

yeah,pretty much sums it all up...

and Pique,you $%%$@...
laugh.gif

surplus to requirements at Man U...now he's got one over his former employers...
also nice to see Henry FINALLY getting his holy grail...

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Barcelona put on one of the best displays I've ever seen. Think about it...they made Manchester United look like children out there.

Leo Messi showed why he is the best player on the planet right now. He makes his team mates better and never gives up. On the other hand you had C. Ronaldo who shot every ball that came his way and just gave up on the match after the 70th minute. Even when it was 2-0 and Man Utd. completely fell apart, Messi was running around as if his team was the one that was down 0-2.

Barcelona TORE Man Utd. apart despite missing 2 starting defenders and Thierry Henry obviously labouring.

Puyol, Xavi and Messi were outstanding.

I'm shocked Ferguson came out in such an open formation. He was playing with fire by giving Barcelona so much open space in the middle. Barca can be stopped if you stuff the middle and play like Chelsea however Ferguson felt that his guys could simply outplay Barca...
nah,bro...i think that statement is a bit much...
Barca WAS brilliant,no doubt...but Utd just didn't show up,didn't play their game...
hell,they couldn't even string 3 passes together and kept chasing the ball almost throughout the match...
they made it too easy for Barca...

Back
Top Bottom