OFFICIAL - UEFA EURO 2008 TOURNAMENT

wow at Germany losing to Croatia, they were outplayed as well as a little luck coming to Croatias side - and I am talking about that second goal they scored.Bastian def deserved that card.

Thanks for the replies so far about where to buy kits. But considering this is Niketalk, I have to ask if those found on worldsoccershop and subsidesports areAuthentic, not in terms of fake but in terms of Authentic as in they are the same ones worn by the players on the field.
Like how a Lakers swingman jersey uses mesh and has different materials for the letters used to be stitched on to the jerseys which I consider a"replica" while an "Authentic" jersey uses some kind of dri-fit material and different stitching.

I'm not an expert but I have a little bit of knowledge on the subject:

You refer to Offical Replica (The 80$ or so kit) vs. The shirt the players actually use. If its a Nike jersey, they are called Code 7 aka Kit Room Stock akaPlayer Ready kit.

Usually, the Code 7 jerseys use print instead of embroidery logos to avoid chaffing. I've heard they're slightly lighter, and sometimes (as it used tobe with Adidas) different technology is used. Obviously, the Code 7 kits are more expensive because they're rarer. Ive noticed in recent times its becomeharder to differentiate the two. For example, Real Madrid kits from 2004, you knew the official replica used climacool and the other one used formotion.

Another aspect is player printing. I'll use the Premiership as an example. I noticed two different printing materials. One was plastic like, the other wasa softer/sort of velvet material. It turns out the softer one is the one used by the players on the field. Subside uses this authentic printing on their kits.TheOnionBag.com also applies it.

Subside has a very extensive selection, and superb customer service. Granted, you might be paying more due to shipping costs. Its a fine place to get Nike Code7 Man Utd, and Arsenal kits from 2002 on.

Personally, I dont mind. Im very happy with last year's Adidas jerseys.

For more information: Theres a soccer section at NextLevelTalk.com and theres a KitBag Room section at Soccerpulse Community Forum.

Edit: found a topic that asks the very same question.

http://nextleveltalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=14526

Their replies summarize it.. Its not a big deal unless youre a serious/die hard collector. The differences arent really noticeable. One of them put itperfectly.. "Its like comparing Authentic NBA jerseys to Pro-Cut Authentic NBA jerseys."

Originally Posted by Krisp Kicks

Originally Posted by PlatinumFunk

I think the Croatians def. fit into that group, esp. if you include Eduardo.

I've always found Ballack severely overrated. He takes far too many shots (considering 1 out of every 20 is on goal), insists on taking free kicks, etc.

1) I know there is a tendency to look only at the last game...but Croatia looked TERRIBLE against Austria. Being generous to them, they should have been played to a draw in that match. They played well today against Germany, and are a tough team, but don't get them confused with any of the consistent powers in Europe please.

2)
indifferent.gif
Come on my man, there is no debate that Ballack is one of the top two-way Midfielders in international and club futbol. To call him overrated is an admission of a lack of knowledge about this sport.

1) In that case, scratch off Italy, they just lost 3-0 to Holland. Oh, and since when has Spain been consistent? Brazil... yup, losing to Venezuela isawesome... Etc. etc.

I was trying to imply they should be included before the "total toss-up" zone, but
eyes.gif

2) Instead of arguing your side of the argument, you chose to try and play the I know more than you do card (trust, you don't). I simply believe eversince he went to Chelsea in '06 he hasn't been all he's talked up to be.

I know I'm one day late, but all I can say is HELL ++*%*%% YES! I was so worried that we were going to lose that match when we were down 1-0 at the halfdue to that BS goal that stopped RIGHT in front of the goal that Eren Derdiyok and Hakan Yakin (two fellow Turks) put together. But, we got it together in thesecond half. Beautiful header by Semih followed by a very lucky but needed second goal in the 92nd minute by Arda Turan. That was so relieving. I was afraid wewere going to tie Switzerland.
sick.gif
I can't wait 'til the Czech match, I know we can take it if we play well.

Anyway, the ignorance by casual football fans on this site never ceases to amaze me. I don't feel like going back and quoting but Turkey is far from acrap/mediocre team. We are well above average, and I know that when we play at the level that we're capable of, we can hang with and possibly beat any teamin the world. Our only weak department is our defense, which I've stated over and over again. If we had better players on defense, I would have completeconfidence in our team.

i think he should split his lifetime supply of beer with that ref.

who else saw the blonde they showed in the stands in the grey suit sitting by herself... she was gorgeous

Originally Posted by Krisp Kicks

I think the Croatians def. fit into that group, esp. if you include Eduardo.

I've always found Ballack severely overrated. He takes far too many shots (considering 1 out of every 20 is on goal), insists on taking free kicks, etc.

1) I know there is a tendency to look only at the last game...but Croatia looked TERRIBLE against Austria. Being generous to them, they should have been played to a draw in that match. They played well today against Germany, and are a tough team, but don't get them confused with any of the consistent powers in Europe please.

2)
indifferent.gif
Come on my man, there is no debate that Ballack is one of the top two-way Midfielders in international and club futbol. To call him overrated is an admission of a lack of knowledge about this sport.

1) In that case, scratch off Italy, they just lost 3-0 to Holland. Oh, and since when has Spain been consistent? Brazil... yup, losing to Venezuela is awesome... Etc. etc.

I was trying to imply they should be included before the "total toss-up" zone, but
eyes.gif

2) Instead of arguing your side of the argument, you chose to try and play the I know more than you do card (trust, you don't). I simply believe ever since he went to Chelsea in '06 he hasn't been all he's talked up to be.

Ok no need to argue further since this thread has been good so far without it, so I will try to make a few brief points. We are all entitled to ouropinions, but please don't put Croatia in the same category as any of the teams mentioned as top 8. Maybe put them in the toss-up zone, but they wouldnever be favored against any of those teams. I actually like Croatia and feel they are a solid team, just not on par with the powers of the world.
In regards to the Ballack argument, what can be said to convince you? You have your opinion which is fine, but I believe it shows some bias and/orignorance to refer to him as "severely overrated". He has proved himself for club and country consistently for the better part of a decade. He wasarguably Chelsea's top player this season after returning from injury, and is one of the main reasons they came close to winning both the Premier League(toughest league in futbol), and Champions League. He also captains one of the top teams in the world in Germany. I hardly feel he is a "severelyoverrated" player, and I do question the futbol knowledge of anyone who does...

I did. She was beautiful. Whoever the Camera man is that keeps spotting these fine ladies, and keeps the cam on them for 5-10 seconds.. I commend you.

Originally Posted by GORDON GARTRELLE

Wow that was awful. Tough call, but it was probably the right one.
The call was right. The guy who commited the penalty that late was MAD dumb though...

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by GORDON GARTRELLE

Wow that was awful. Tough call, but it was probably the right one.
The call was right. The guy who commited the penalty that late was MAD dumb though...
Yessir, Andy Gray has been saying it since the first game happened. The refs need to start calling pk's for this because tugging and holding is NOTallowed and it IS an automatic foul. That was the right call because it was not on accident, he brought he man to the floor.

Have to give it up for both of the teams, Poland and Austria playing their hearts out. I think Austria dodged a big bullet, now let's see if they can dodgeanother versus Germany.*
laugh.gif

*Yeah right.
laugh.gif

xblaze23 - good info on the kits... I've always wondered what the deal with player-version kits were... why is it called 'code 7' though?

Originally Posted by xblaze23

I did. She was beautiful. Whoever the Camera man is that keeps spotting these fine ladies, and keeps the cam on them for 5-10 seconds.. I commend you.

laugh.gif

pimp.gif
god bless him.....those shots make me wanna take a trip oversea's

Originally Posted by Gettin It Crackin

I know I'm one day late, but all I can say is HELL ++*%*%% YES! I was so worried that we were going to lose that match when we were down 1-0 at the half due to that BS goal that stopped RIGHT in front of the goal that Eren Derdiyok and Hakan Yakin (two fellow Turks) put together. But, we got it together in the second half. Beautiful header by Semih followed by a very lucky but needed second goal in the 92nd minute by Arda Turan. That was so relieving. I was afraid we were going to tie Switzerland.
sick.gif
I can't wait 'til the Czech match, I know we can take it if we play well.

Anyway, the ignorance by casual football fans on this site never ceases to amaze me. I don't feel like going back and quoting but Turkey is far from a crap/mediocre team. We are well above average, and I know that when we play at the level that we're capable of, we can hang with and possibly beat any team in the world. Our only weak department is our defense, which I've stated over and over again. If we had better players on defense, I would have complete confidence in our team.

yea turkey pulled out a great win....that last goal just shattered their hopes....did you catch the cameraman scoping out the swiss....nuthin but
frown.gif
mad.gif
faces....
laugh.gif
but your defense isnt that bad.... they just neededto get comfortable...and good job on staying aggressive early on....

kind of off topic but I started a FIFA feet thread in the the nike section. go check it out and feel free to add to it.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

how come england didn;t make the tournament?

they failed to qualify for the finals. they were in the "tournament", just not the finals which is what is being played now.

did they get upset or something, how does teams like turkey and poland make it and they didn;t....

Turkey and Poland are not bad squads at all... i think the confusion many casual soccer fans make it, while the english premiere league is a great football league, it's filled with players from other countries who all return to their home national squads when international events take place. I mean, the english team CERTAINLY should be in the euro finals every time out given the quality of players who do reside in england, they also aren't generally quite on the same level as some other top nations in recent history.

yeah i just haven;t been following soccer in the past 2 years... england's just one of those perennial contenders so i was kind of suprised theyweren't in.

Thanks for the replies so far about where to buy kits. But considering this is Niketalk, I have to ask if those found on worldsoccershop and subsidesports are Authentic, not in terms of fake but in terms of Authentic as in they are the same ones worn by the players on the field.
Like how a Lakers swingman jersey uses mesh and has different materials for the letters used to be stitched on to the jerseys which I consider a "replica" while an "Authentic" jersey uses some kind of dri-fit material and different stitching.
What xblaze said is on point. I just also wanted to add that, the quality of the shirts is good, at least from Nike and Adidas. The Nike shirtsare all drifit. I'd say you'll be just fine getting the regular shirts, and you're gonna have a much easier time finding one too. I've got afew Nike shirts and they're quality and have held up great.

how come england didn;t make the tournament?

they failed to qualify for the finals. they were in the "tournament", just not the finals which is what is being played now.

did they get upset or something, how does teams like turkey and poland make it and they didn;t....

Turkey and Poland are not bad squads at all... i think the confusion many casual soccer fans make it, while the english premiere league is a great football league, it's filled with players from other countries who all return to their home national squads when international events take place. I mean, the english team CERTAINLY should be in the euro finals every time out given the quality of players who do reside in england, they also aren't generally quite on the same level as some other top nations in recent history.

yeah i just haven;t been following soccer in the past 2 years... england's just one of those perennial contenders so i was kind of suprised they weren't in.
laugh.gif
blame it on croatia

Damn Croatians almost started a huge brawl in my city, driving by the Serbian sports bar crazy deep with all their flags and all
laugh.gif

Italy MUST win today if they still think they're going to win it. I hope France will come out today and play great and get their 3 points and hopefullylook good to move into the next round.

Back
Top Bottom