OFFICIAL - UEFA EURO 2008 TOURNAMENT

Originally Posted by Krisp Kicks

Originally Posted by carlosdapaperboy

I do agree that Spain has lacked cojones in the past but this is 2008 and they have the most offensive firepower in this tournamnet other than Netherlands and they will be champs. If Greece can win a Euro in modern times I think Spain can definetly win it this year. None of the remaining teams can stop an attack of Villa, Torres, and company. Spain is just too loaded this year to choke. Nearly all their starters and subs play in LA LIGA arguably the most competitive soccer league in the world which is more than I can say for any of the German players except for Ballack, Klose, and Podolski.

Glad you didn't respond to what I said Platinum, I guess you finally decided to read what I wrote.
happy.gif

This dude
roll.gif
ohwell.gif
. For the record, Croatia will be in the finals, not Germany. Croatian - Dutchfinal
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Ballack is not over-rated, I think PlatinumFunk is trying to say that he isn't as good as he once was but still gets too much credit.

I think Ballack was the best player in the world in 2002 and should've won Footballer of the Year instead of Ronaldo. He carried Bayer Leverkusen to the UCL finals and carried Germany to the WC finals but was suspended for the finals. He was amazing to watch back then and one of the best two-way midfielders I have ever seen. He played with the same intensity in the 89th minute as he did in the 8th minute. I think injuries have slowed him down over the years and he's not much of a two-way player anymore. He's more of an attacking midfielder now and has abandoned his defensive responsibilities to the holding midfielder of the team. He's still a great player though, I think he's still a top-10 midfielder in the world.

As for his push on Ferreira, it didn't really bother me. It was obviously a foul but 99% of the time when a defender pushes an attacker out of the way the ref doesn't call it.

Well put. He is still better then a lot of teams midfielders. Just is not as good as he was years ago.

Nearly all their starters and subs play in LA LIGA arguably the most competitive soccer league in the world which is more than I can say for any of the German players except for Ballack, Klose, and Podolski.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
And? So a lot of players from Spain play in the Spanish league? Your point is?

It should also be mentioned that most of these players choose to stay in the Bundesliga by choice.

My Portuguese friend was telling me something about how Quaresma was on the bench because of something he did against Switzerland. I didn't watch that gamethough so I'm not sure what he's talking about.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

My Portuguese friend was telling me something about how Quaresma was on the bench because of something he did against Switzerland. I didn't watch that game though so I'm not sure what he's talking about.

I don't remember anything particular that he did. He didn't impress much that game and Simao is Scolari's choice at the position.

Nearly all their starters and subs play in LA LIGA arguably the most competitive soccer league in the world which is more than I can say for any of the German players except for Ballack, Klose, and Podolski.

You honestly think that the German players wouldn't be able to play in La Liga if they really wanted to? Getting to Barcelona/Real Madrid would be tough,but you really think they couldn't make it to some of the othet teams?

"My Portuguese friend was telling me something about how Quaresma was on the bench because of something he did against Switzerland. I didn't watchthat game though so I'm not sure what he's talking about. "

i cant really pinpoint anything but this goes to show you what i mean about scolari. Quaresma is more of a free spirited player, however he can get the jobdone. when you play a team like germany who has a defense which i dont respect -lahm you need someone who can break them down with dribble and passing. Ifscolari has the nerve to call quaresma one of the top 10 wingers in the world, im sure all the other 9 played. (nani, cristiano, simao being 3 others)

Going to be tough for Turkey to play without Vulkan and Servet, man. I would like Croatia to win since I've always liked Croatia, but if Turkey winsit'll be fine with me, because I like Turkey as well. I hope we see a great game though.
smile.gif

yeah, with some many injuries, its hard not to pick Croatia... I know better than to count Bilic out...

I'm sure The White Stripes are earning some royalties from UEFA playing "Seven Nation Army" during the team introductions...

And which supporters started chanting the riff anyways?

Peace
F Sharp005

That's cool, where did you go? I hope you went to Split. I only passed through for two days (there and Podstrana) and this was back before it got reallypopular with the rest of Europeans, but man oh man it was neck breaking city. There are some undiscovered gems over there and they're all super nice andgenuine too unlike the pigs in this country.

WOW!

Originally Posted by GORDON GARTRELLE

That's cool, where did you go? I hope you went to Split. I only passed through for two days (there and Podstrana) and this was back before it got really popular with the rest of Europeans, but man oh man it was neck breaking city. There are some undiscovered gems over there and they're all super nice and genuine too unlike the pigs in this country.

1st stop was in Dubrovnik, beautiful city, more of a lovers town, for lack of a better word, but there was definitely some good sites, nightlife, women,beaches. Rented a car from there and drove up to Split, spent some time there, great city, have the mix of the old Eastern Bloc and the modern world. Tookthe boat from Split over to Hvar which is where we spent a majority of our time. Just an unbelievable place, vacation, experience, etc.

I took this pic in Split, so much of this garbage on some of the nicest buildings you'll see:
e7c15a41a34c6250ba9d472ed7875bde9a563f1.pjpg

I was also in Croatia two years ago. I absolutely loved Dubrovnik. The pedestrian area with the white stone/marble is amazing. Split was cool but when wewere there it was humid, and couple that with walking along the boardwalk near the harbour, it made for a nauseating experience.

We drove from Rijeka down to Dubrovnik. Driving in that part of the country is effin' scary.

But yes, the Croatian chicks are hot.

Peace
F Sharp005

Originally Posted by xblaze23

Turkey doesnt start playing till the 75th minute lol

True. But... today... no.. they've been keeping more possesion then Croatia. I agree that Turkey will suprise us and take a W here.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
And they should of gotten that call in the box
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

^^i thought so too.

Croatia is looking really aggressive right now. Turkey needs to seriously grind this one out.

Back
Top Bottom