OFFICIAL - UEFA EURO 2008 TOURNAMENT

Wow...

If you guys had ANY idea at ALL how nuts people were going here in Turkey last night. ABSOLUTELY INSANE.......

US TURKS ARE KNOWN FOR DOING EVERYTHING AT THE LAST MINUTE...DON'T COUNT US OUT...

I feel that Germany is going to wipe the pitch with our faces, though. No Arda or Tuncay, plus injuries....we're pretty much screwed.

Anyway, it's good to see some other dudes on NT cheering for us Turks.
pimp.gif

The Croatians were a stand up crowd last night too. They started doing the TURKIYE! chant after their own team lost in PKs. Good people.
pimp.gif

WE'RE IN THE SEMIS!!!!!!!!! LET'S DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"In the first half of the extra time, the ref blew the whistle when Turkey was just about to attack. And this was despite the fact that not even 15minutes had passed. I remember, the clock was at 14:59 when the ref ended the first half of the stoppage time."

you are proving my point. its a lil sketchy.

Edit* and for the person who said the ref is not suppose to stop when a team is attacking. well this specific ref did it on another occassion so obviously that"theory" doesnt mean anything to him.

Originally Posted by Dat Exclusive Cat

"In the first half of the extra time, the ref blew the whistle when Turkey was just about to attack. And this was despite the fact that not even 15 minutes had passed. I remember, the clock was at 14:59 when the ref ended the first half of the stoppage time."

you are proving my point. its a lil sketchy.

Edit* and for the person who said the ref is not suppose to stop when a team is attacking. well this specific ref did it on another occassion so obviously that "theory" doesnt mean anything to him.

your arguement is beyond weak. take the L. I think I know which game you're talking about too, that Spain game where Spain had the ball and was aboutto cross right? That was at halftime, even then I felt it was weak on the ref's part.

anyone know where/if the Netherlands/Russia game is streamed online? it doesn't look like espn360 will be showing it since its on ABC.

Did anyone actually watch the game live? The ball was received in the box when the clock was at exactly 120:59...check any highlight clip...the croatian coachwas complaining that he called for a substitution to be made when the ball was called offside and the referee did not allow it.
3f815ee48aa5929fe871d951e45b3232550b8b5.jpg

screenshot clearly shows the time when Semhi recieved the pass from the goalie...what 2 minutes of extra stoppage time??? Case closed.

Originally Posted by PlatinumFunk

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

Rustu came up big today, saving great shots by Croats, he came up HUGE in the pk's, my hat goes off to him for filling Vulkans shoes, the right way.

roll.gif
roll.gif
. Were we watching the same game? He put Turkey under all that pressure by giving a goal away. Dude is nice when he's between the posts, but once he has to come off his line, he is terrible. He didn't do much in the penalties (that save was nice, but at that point I doubt it really meant that much). I think he might throw away Turkey's chances next week (Vulkan was suspended for two games) by letting in an early goal, and starting a downpour.
"He didn't do much in the penalties (that save was nice, but at that point I doubt it really meant that much). I think he might throwaway Turkey's chances next week "
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

He didn't do much in the penalties? and that save he made didnt matter?? Him making that save made the Turks #*!#%$* WIN! yea i guess the Turks couldastill won by just making more PK's but who knows, they could of missed some. And although you might not think the goalie did anything when the twoCroatians missed, he did. He was a huge distraction... you gotta alotta nerve saying that he didnt do anything in the penalties and that he might lose the gamefor the Turks next game.

wow... it coulda easily been 1-1 already... how did Oranje not score from that setpiece!?!?

VDS makin some good saves though...

Russia is playing hard. Netherlands are the kind of team that can get a quick strike in at almost any time though. I'm really impressed by the football theRussians have displayed this tournament after the initial match.

your arguement is beyond weak. take the L. I think I know which game you're talking about too, that Spain game where Spain had the ball and was about tocross right? That was at halftime, even then I felt it was weak on the ref's part.

Im not a croation fan idiot i stated that already. Just because you are all gased up on the fact Turkey came back late when the game should already be calledis not my problem. so relax there guy

your arguement is beyond weak. take the L. I think I know which game you're talking about too, that Spain game where Spain had the ball and was about tocross right? That was at halftime, even then I felt it was weak on the ref's part.

Im not a croation fan idiot i stated that already. Just because you are all gased up on the fact Turkey came back late when the game should already be calledis not my problem. so relax there guy

soobaysiikk: Rustu had one nice save in the PK (plus the pressure was essentially off because the next made PK for Turkey and it's over) but the goal helet in was a disaster, and he looks really uncomfortable on crosses. There is a reason he is no longer the #1 choice keeper for Turkey. He had a few nicesaves, but he is probably one of the teams more obvious weak points in this upcoming match with Germany.

And Rustu and his "distractions" had nothing to do with the Croations not putting their PK's on goal. That was poor execution. I'm not tryingto take anything away from the Turks and their great win, or Rustu and his performance, but lets just be real about it.

Both goaltenders have been spectacular so far. van der sar has made 3 unreal saves already.

Why does #10 on Russia look like he's 12 years old?

Although I love the way they play, Holland is known to melt down in big games. One bad half and the troubles start to brew within that team. I can see van.Nistelroy getting the hook around the 60-70 minute mark. Kuyt hasn't done much either. Robben and RvP would make a huge impact on this game, the soonerthey come on the more chances Holland will have to win this game.

Originally Posted by GORDON GARTRELLE

Russia is playing hard. Netherlands are the kind of team that can get a quick strike in at almost any time though. I'm really impressed by the football the Russians have displayed this tournament after the initial match.

Guus is a great coach.

Originally Posted by soobaysiikk

Originally Posted by PlatinumFunk

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

Rustu came up big today, saving great shots by Croats, he came up HUGE in the pk's, my hat goes off to him for filling Vulkans shoes, the right way.

roll.gif
roll.gif
. Were we watching the same game? He put Turkey under all that pressure by giving a goal away. Dude is nice when he's between the posts, but once he has to come off his line, he is terrible. He didn't do much in the penalties (that save was nice, but at that point I doubt it really meant that much). I think he might throw away Turkey's chances next week (Vulkan was suspended for two games) by letting in an early goal, and starting a downpour.
"He didn't do much in the penalties (that save was nice, but at that point I doubt it really meant that much). I think he might throw away Turkey's chances next week "
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

He didn't do much in the penalties? and that save he made didnt matter?? Him making that save made the Turks #*!#%$* WIN! yea i guess the Turks coulda still won by just making more PK's but who knows, they could of missed some. And although you might not think the goalie did anything when the two Croatians missed, he did. He was a huge distraction... you gotta alotta nerve saying that he didnt do anything in the penalties and that he might lose the game for the Turks next game.

Not really. Honestly, I think he's pretty good defending kicks, but he has a terrible internal clock and mistimes coming off the line all toofrequently. That goal was entirely his fault. You're right that I underrated his performance in the penalties, but the Croations (IMO) just missed becausethey were so nervous after already having "won" in their minds and lettign it slip away like that. They were shook.

Originally Posted by Dat Exclusive Cat

your arguement is beyond weak. take the L. I think I know which game you're talking about too, that Spain game where Spain had the ball and was about to cross right? That was at halftime, even then I felt it was weak on the ref's part.

Im not a croation fan idiot i stated that already. Just because you are all gased up on the fact Turkey came back late when the game should already be called is not my problem. so relax there guy

Did you not see the screen cap above?

*insert fail pics*

P.S. I think it's pretty hard to be a croatiOn fan.Also, I'm not the one calling anyone an idiot, so you need to relax.

Much better 0-0 game than yesterday. Let's hope RVP comes through. Arshavin looking like a great prospect.

Back
Top Bottom