Official Umar Johnson Thread

I had to stop paying attention to Umar years ago. Homie was claiming to be initiated into Ifa and the Yoruba religion. Dude was spewing mad lies about his initiations when the spiritual system doesn't even function in the capacity that he was portraying. Luckily the Babalawo(high priest) that he was associated with checked Umar on it and put a end to that.

He also isn't good in alot of black community circles in Philly for alot of the reasons everyone is exposing him for.

I checked out when he was trying to be a comedian with his appearances

I think that Dr. Umar makes some good points. I don't agree with him on everything. He certainly has some repressive and frankly counterproductive views on interracial dating and the LGBT community. I do agree with him on black wealth, supporting black owned businesses, the need for black banks, etc.

I think he's self centered. At a certain point it because more about drawing attention to himself more than it was about anything he was teaching. He saying things like "I'm the only certified scholar", "the movement needs me", etc. He spends alot of time focused on petty beefs.

I never thought the school was getting built; I'll put it on my life that it will never get built. The dude's been talking about the school for 3 or 4 years with no business plan or no blueprints to show for it. At every speaking engagement he's at he says "actually while we're in XYZ city we're looking at sites for the school". I'm thinking, "c'mon bro who are you lying to?:lol:"

Don't even get me started on "the conscious stripper" that messed up his previous plans for the school

But those points have been said by a lot of black people though. I don’t want him to talk about those points but to actually help his loyal followers achieve them. If black banks are important, then take everybody in Philly to a local black bank/credit union and have them open account.

As sure as I am that Umar is lying about the school, I'm still calling BS on this "realtor". I'm pretty sure its illegal for a realtor to disclose information about her clients like this and then she even offers up receipts from his interactions with other real estate agents. It's either she's the worst realtor or this is some type of plant by Tariq.

Umar has his issues, but I think Tariq is straight lying on this one.

As sure as I am that Umar is lying about the school, I'm still calling BS on this "realtor". I'm pretty sure its illegal for a realtor to disclose information about her clients like this and then she even offers up receipts from his interactions with other real estate agents. It's either she's the worst realtor or this is some type of plant by Tariq.

Umar has his issues, but I think Tariq is straight lying on this one.

pretty sure huh?

For some guys who are trying to be taken seriously as the leaders of a movement it's bizarre they spend so much time tending to petty beefs. They even dragged Boyce Watkins into it for some odd reason :lol:. Tariq needs to let this go, Umar needs to let this go, they all just need to focus on the bigger picture.

Heck Boyce Watkins got another battle on his hands with Yvette. These two have been going at it for a while now

Umar is just writing Tariq's puppet skits for him now.

Dude is seriously touring the country looking at abandoned buildings to prove that he didn't finesse them funds.

I think that Dr. Umar makes some good points. I don't agree with him on everything. He certainly has some repressive and frankly counterproductive views on interracial dating and the LGBT community. I do agree with him on black wealth, supporting black owned businesses, the need for black banks, etc.

I think he's self centered. At a certain point it because more about drawing attention to himself more than it was about anything he was teaching. He saying things like "I'm the only certified scholar", "the movement needs me", etc. He spends alot of time focused on petty beefs.

I never thought the school was getting built; I'll put it on my life that it will never get built. The dude's been talking about the school for 3 or 4 years with no business plan or no blueprints to show for it. At every speaking engagement he's at he says "actually while we're in XYZ city we're looking at sites for the school". I'm thinking, "c'mon bro who are you lying to?:lol:"

Don't even get me started on "the conscious stripper" that messed up his previous plans for the school

Pretty much exactly how I feel about him. I love how he condemned gangster rap and holds it accountable for the negative imagery of black people. Also like how he talks about black wealth, very empowering.

Dr Umar is the best speaker on global black issues in America and probably the whole world

FACTS

All of these guys are almost like scam artists getting people to send their hard-earned money as a way to support the community.

Back
Top Bottom