Official Umar Johnson Thread

So because the numbers are off the message is moot ?🤔 I feel him ..

purchase shaming isnt going to make anyone stop buying Jordans, purses, Gucci, taking trips, or anything else. no matter if or how right it may be.

the people that need to hear it, dont gaf. and you lose the ear of those that know better.

its a tired, TIRED method that gains no traction. but we keep beating that drum like its effective.

purchase shaming isnt going to make anyone stop buying Jordans, purses, Gucci, taking trips, or anything else. no matter if or how right it may be.

the people that need to hear it, dont gaf. and you lose the ear of those that know better.

its a tired, TIRED method that gains no traction. but we keep beating that drum like its effective.
You saw it as purchase shaming, I saw it as we can do more with our money. Having grown up pretty poor i can understand it.

You saw it as purchase shaming, I saw it as we can do more with our money. Having grown up pretty poor i can understand it.

you’re not listening. its not about how EYE hear it.

MY understanding isnt the issue. im not who hes trying to reach.

sure, i get it. THEY wont though, which puts us back at square one.

you’re not listening. its not about how EYE hear it.

MY understanding isnt the issue. im not who hes trying to reach.

sure, i get it. THEY wont though, which puts us back at square one.
If I just told you I get it but I guess I would be the only one. Any suggestions or ideas on reaching people or just keep it pushing?

There's actual research behind this:

While Roussanov and his colleagues acknowledge that cultural preferences may play a role in these spending choices, they tested that theory by subdividing blacks, Hispanics and whites by income level and state of residence. This caused the differences in spending patterns to disappear. What really matters, Roussanov, Charles and Hurst found, is not one’s race but one’s economic situation relative to the “reference group” — people in the immediate community. “This is not really about race in the end. It is simply about what we observe about you and what peer group you belong to,” Roussanov says.
Poor blacks and poor whites both spend more on visible goods if they live in poor communities, because such spending gives them more status relative to others in the community. But poor blacks and poor whites living among wealthier people do not devote extra portions of income to visible expenditures, since they are too far behind to get more status from the extra spending they can afford.

So because the numbers are off the message is moot ?🤔 I feel him ..
We can encourage people to do better, be better, and invest in their communities without resorting to socioeconomic factoids.

If I just told you I get it but I guess I would be the only one. Any suggestions or ideas on reaching people or just keep it pushing?

i do.

i have a full mapped out plan with multiple phases, that feeds itself into a perpetual state.

my plan is rooted in using what we’re already doing to fuel where we want to be.

there is a group within our culture that is already doing what Umar, Boyce, Claud Anderson, #ADOS, or anyone within our culture with a platform wants us to do.

this group is educated, gainfully employed, and organized. my plan uses this group as our fuel.

see: Freakanomics
see also:

Last edited:
They say the best teacher in life is your own experience. I learned to move lowkey after this encounter.

One time I got finessed by a gypsy cuz I had a gold chain on and stood out.

I was walking into a walmart in Jersey. Son had one of those big Chevy suburbans with his wife and kids in the back by the entrance where people load their cars after shopping. Dude told me he was from out the country and they were traveling from Florida and were stranded and didn't have money for gas and their little kids were hungry. I felt bad. Normally I would ignore people asking for money but I felt bad and let my guard down because of the kids. He told me to look at his gauge and the gas needle was on E. Told him to follow me to a gas station next door. I filled his tank up and gave him $200 at first but he said it wasn't enough which should've been a red flag because what desperate person becomes picky when they are in that situation. Gave him $300 cash and I peeped he had an unopposed iPhone in his center console so told him to give it to me as collateral and would send it back to him after he texted me and arranged to give me my money back. Son never responded to my text after. Ended up selling the iPhone on ebay and recouped some of my money.

I say all that to say this, this probably wouldn't have happened if I didn't wear my gold chain.

Stopped wearing my gold chain unless I go out and trying to link up with women with minimal effort since women be choosing. Safe places only though.

Last edited:
black-consumer-spending-power.jpg

African Americans make up 14% of the U.S. population but have outsized influence over spending on essential items such as personal soap and bath needs ($573 million), feminine hygiene products ($54 million) and men’s toiletries ($61 million). Nielsen research also shows Black consumers spent $810 million on bottled water (15% of overall spending) and $587 million on refrigerated drinks (17% of overall spending). Luxury, non-essential products such as women’s fragrances ($151 million of a $679 million industry total), watches and timepieces ($60 million of $385 million in overall spending) and even children’s cologne ($4 million out of $27 million) also play well to an audience that’s keen on image and self care.

200w.gif

Meanwhile back at the ranch:

Side note: Howard University alum Nicholas Perkins recently acquired the Fuddruckers restaurant chain, making history as the first Black person with 100% ownership of a national burger franchise

black-consumer-spending-power.jpg

African Americans make up 14% of the U.S. population but have outsized influence over spending on essential items such as personal soap and bath needs ($573 million), feminine hygiene products ($54 million) and men’s toiletries ($61 million). Nielsen research also shows Black consumers spent $810 million on bottled water (15% of overall spending) and $587 million on refrigerated drinks (17% of overall spending). Luxury, non-essential products such as women’s fragrances ($151 million of a $679 million industry total), watches and timepieces ($60 million of $385 million in overall spending) and even children’s cologne ($4 million out of $27 million) also play well to an audience that’s keen on image and self care.

200w.gif

Meanwhile back at the ranch:

using that chart the solution is simple and clear as day.

and it has nothing to do with pooling our resources or getting together FIRST.

i do.

i have a full mapped out plan with multiple phases, that feeds itself into a perpetual state.

my plan is rooted in using what we’re already doing to fuel where we want to be.

there is a group within our culture that is already doing what Umar, Boyce, Claud Anderson, #ADOS, or anyone within our culture with a platform wants us to do.

this group is educated, gainfully employed, and organized. my plan uses this group as our fuel.

see: Freakanomics
see also:

Mind expanding a bit? Seems like you're about that action.

Back
Top Bottom