**Official USMNT Soccer Thread**

We looked too scared. i didn't like what we showed. I would have been more attack ordinated. At least we get to play for a top 3 finish. I'm exited for our future. Keep grinding the U.S style!

LVG should coach the national team

Get us playing horny football

Last edited:
These cats have finally broken me y'all. I dont expect these boys to be out here winning World Cups, but is to be competitive to much to ask? Is to not get embarrassed at ******* home to much to ask? Not a single ******* shot on goal......word? It's like that? All this talk about building a foundation, style of play, youth development blah blah blah, this **** aint got us anywhere fam. We still the stereotypical white wide receiver on an NFL team. We work hard,run good routes, convert the occasional third down, but the scouts know we aint star material. It has been 5 years under JK, and what have we seen? Nothing. 

Argentina are a great team, but we bent over and told them to humiliate us. No ******* heart man, especially at home in front of your fans. i will always support these cats, but i am done holding them to a higher standard. It's time to accept the mediocrity lane 

USMNT just needs to drop the dead weight and rebuild

These same cats play every tournament and have a chokehold on their starting 11 spots until they retire. They need to allow the young guys to step in.

TBH at this point we have NOTHING to lose. Literally. Cause we damn sure ain't winning ****

:lol:

i'll be happy if i get 10. 40 years is PLENTY of time to turn this thing around. right?! right?!?! :lol:

:frown:

Lets be honest guys.... overall, we had a solid tournament

a disheartening L to the number 1 team in the world doesn't really change that

At least we exceeded expectation. To keep it a hunnit, I didn't see us in the semi's. We can say we have gotten better and better each tournament we played and most importantly, we didn't lose 0-7 :lol:

Real talk, as soon as I saw wondolowsy on the starting XI, we was done :lol:

One day Sonoftony. I hope before I die, we win a WC!!!!!!

Funny thing is, the importance of this tournament wasn't in getting out of the group stage, or finishing top 4.

The importance of this tournament was playing meaningful games in preparation for 2018, and every World Cup after.

I can't reiterate it enough, success in this tournament wasn't reaching the semifinals. Succes of this tournament were being forced to playing a bonafied must win game match day #2 against Costa Rica. The experience of having to hold on to three points a man down against Paraguay, playing a meaningful knock out round game against real international quality competition.

These experiences don't come about in routine, cycle-to-cycle CONCACAF play, they do for evey other major footballing country in the world. We pay for that lack of experience dearly evey four years at the World Cup, and we will continue to do so regardless of an improving player pool.

Our program and players DESPERATELY need to play more meaningful, high stakes games, not just at the senior level but every level on down. There has to be more pressure.

Bradley, Beckerman, Dempsey, Guzan, they weren't getting these experiences at 17 and 23, like a Pulisic or a John Brooks did this summer.

Seriously man I can't stress how important it was just having the opportunity to play in this tournament. We should all he crossing our fingers that the money is too good to pass up for CONCACAF and CONMEBOL, such that going forward a combined Americas championship becomes a permanent fixture.

Last edited:
ESPN had college baseball on instead, but air all the European games.  Have to play the angles on free kicks goalie, one place you lose is the far post.

I got about 7 or 8 g
At least we exceeded expectation. To keep it a hunnit, I didn't see us in the semi's. We can say we have gotten better and better each tournament we played and most importantly, we didn't lose 0-7 :lol:

Wondo is so trash. It baffles me how this dude finds his way onto the roster. I would brought in Jordan Morris. Give him experience in these kind of games. Wondo, Beckerman need to be washed from the USMNT. Bradley might need to be taken out for a couple of call ups so dude can't take being call in for granted. He's had some crappy games most often than not since the last WC.

One day Sonoftony. I hope before I die, we win a WC!!!!!!

Funny thing is, the importance of this tournament wasn't in getting out of the group stage, or finishing top 4.

The importance of this tournament was playing meaningful games in preparation for 2018, and every World Cup after.

I can't reiterate it enough, success in this tournament wasn't reaching the semifinals. Succes of this tournament were being forced to playing a bonafied must win game match day #2 against Costa Rica. The experience of having to hold on to three points a man down against Paraguay, playing a meaningful knock out round game against real international quality competition.

These experiences don't come about in routine, cycle-to-cycle CONCACAF play, they do for evey other major footballing country in the world. We pay for that lack of experience dearly evey four years at the World Cup, and we will continue to do so regardless of an improving player pool.

Our program and players DESPERATELY need to play more meaningful, high stakes games, not just at the senior level but every level on down. There has to be more pressure.

Bradley, Beckerman, Dempsey, Guzan, they weren't getting these experiences at 17 and 23, like a Pulisic or a John Brooks did this summer.

Seriously man I can't stress how important it was just having the opportunity to play in this tournament. We should all he crossing our fingers that the money is too good to pass up for CONCACAF and CONMEBOL, such that going forward a combined Americas championship becomes a permanent fixture.

This.

The US will never become a world class side by beating on small Central American countries en route to winning Gold Cup finals against Mexico. To be the best you have to play the best. I also hope that the Copa America makes this year's format permanent.

I got about 7 or 8 g

Wondo is so trash. It baffles me how this dude finds his way onto the roster. I would brought in Jordan Morris. Give him experience in these kind of games. Wondo, Beckerman need to be washed from the USMNT. Bradley might need to be taken out for a couple of call ups so dude can't take being call in for granted. He's had some crappy games most often than not since the last WC.

Morris should've saw some time on the pitch IMO. He needs that experience :smh:

Last edited:
we still have another game to play against some top notch competition on saturday (assuming chile/colombia come out 100%). let's have a good showing and close out this tourney on a high note. do that, and cool. i just don't want to close out on two back to back abysmal games.

and 100% NOFC, repped. the experience playing colombia and argentina and hopefully chile next is tremendous. i just hope we use the opportunity to get the young guys more burn against whoever we face saturday.

Last edited:

Lets be honest guys.... overall, we had a solid tournament

a disheartening L to the number 1 team in the world doesn't really change that
the way we lost tho
mean.gif

looked like u-12s playing
understood, but I still maintain the general positives outweight the negatives we had in this tourney and that in itself should be considered a success 

Doug McIntyre
ESPN Staff Writer

U.S. Soccer president Sunil Gulati on on the national team's 4-0 drubbing by world No. 1 Argentina in Tuesday's Copa America semifinal: "Getting here was an accomplishment, but tonight doesn't feel quite the way it did a couple hours ago (before the game). We got dominated. We got badly outplayed by an incredible team."

Back
Top Bottom