**Official USMNT Soccer Thread**

Some good stuff in the past few days.

For me, Musah and Adams are the two Americans in European 1st divisions excelling one month into the season. Aaronson started really strong and might have faded a bit, but is doing well.

Hinted it at it before but I think a healthy and in form Gio Reyna + Weston McKennie are far more important to our WC chances than an in form Pulisic.

Hopefully the two are starting to get back on track after their respective performances earlier today.

There’s an American that was on Wolves barely played but Wolves sold him to Brugge this past Summer.

Good club to go to develop.

From New York too, Owen Otasawie.

Some good stuff in the past few days.

For me, Musah and Adams are the two Americans in European 1st divisions excelling one month into the season. Aaronson started really strong and might have faded a bit, but is doing well.

Hinted it at it before but I think a healthy and in form Gio Reyna + Weston McKennie are far more important to our WC chances than an in form Pulisic.

Hopefully the two are starting to get back on track after their respective performances earlier today.

Regular everyday shiii

There’s an American that was on Wolves barely played but Wolves sold him to Brugge this past Summer.

Good club to go to develop.

From New York too, Owen Otasawie.

Uber talented player, had some maturity issues coming through the USYNT. I remember once he got sent home from a U15 or U16 camp because Tab Ramos wanted to see him play as a CB in a friendly and the kid flat out refused.

He was sold two summers ago. He actually played pretty well in limited for Wolves as an EPL debutant at 19-20yo/CM that 2020/21 season. Even started a few matches. He missed an egregious match winning sitter against Brighton a couple months after his debut and your boy Nuno didn't give him another chance after that.

Brugge still played paid €4M for him but he had some kind of breakdown last year. 0 appearances for either the first team or the reserves, rumors were he was struggling with some mental health issues off the field.

A lot of people thought his pro career was over. Until two weeks ago, out of nowhere, he debuts and starts for Brugge in the Jupiler Pro League at CB. He's never played an official match at any level at CB. It's why I brought up the Tab story. :lol:

He's always been viewed as a project, big 6'3 frame, stupid athletic, technical enough to not look out of place in an EPL midfield at 19. I don't think he's actually made the Brugge bench since that start two weeks ago but I'm just happy to see him playing professional ball again.

Otasawie deserves a ton of credit for overcoming whatever it was he went through and earning a spot this year, and Brugge will too after giving him a second chance and if they can develop him into a top flight player at any position.

Last edited:
Uber talented player, had some maturity issues coming through the USYNT. I remember once he got sent home from a U15 or U16 camp because Tab Ramos wanted to see him play as a CB in a friendly and the kid flat out refused.

He was sold two summers ago. He actually played pretty well in limited for Wolves as an EPL debutant at 19-20yo/CM that 2020/21 season. Even started a few matches. He missed an egregious match winning sitter against Brighton a couple months after his debut and your boy Nuno didn't give him another chance after that.

Brugge still played paid €4M for him but he had some kind of breakdown last year. 0 appearances for either the first team or the reserves, rumors were he was struggling with some mental health issues off the field.

A lot of people thought his pro career was over. Until two weeks ago, out of nowhere, he debuts and starts for Brugge in the Jupiler Pro League at CB. He's never played an official match at any level at CB. It's why I brought up the Tab story. :lol:

He's always been viewed as a project, big 6'3 frame, stupid athletic, technical enough to not look out of place in an EPL midfield at 19. I don't think he's actually made the Brugge bench since that start two weeks ago but I'm just happy to see him playing professional ball again.

Otasawie deserves a ton of credit for overcoming whatever it was he went through and earning a spot this year, and Brugge will too after giving him a second chance and if they can develop him into a top flight player at any position.

Yea I’m a Wolves fan that’s how I know of him. Or else I’d have no idea.

I was hyped when he came on his first game, not because he American but because he was from New York. :lol:

Yea I’m a Wolves fan that’s how I know of him. Or else I’d have no idea.

I was hyped when he came on his first game, not because he American but because he was from New York. :lol:

I've always really liked the kid. From New York, didn't start playing until something crazy like 14yo.

Dude legit showed up in England as a teenager and started modeling for Burberry. :lol:

USMNT fans were going at Thierry Henry today. One of the best players of all time :lol:

1662613129361.png

A little picante

Last edited:
USMNT fans were going at Thierry Henry today. One of the best players of all time :lol:

1662613129361.png

A little picante

A good amount of US fans are delusional about Pulisic. He's good but has become a different player due to injuries. Tuchel was on his side, so if he wasn't getting playing time then it's on him. The nerve of folks to go at my GOAT, Henry...

I love Pulisic, but mentally I think sometimes he fazes out. Has a great run, then hits a snag. He needs to stay the course, if we are ever going to with a WC.

Bro your heel turn in this thread over the last decade is kind of wild.

Are you in the same boat as rck3sactown rck3sactown ? Rooting against the team because of a segment of the country's politics and/or societal ills?

That aint the way the game supposed to go. :lol:
Naw I'm back on board now lmao. Went to Azteca for the WCQ back in March, it was great

I've always really liked the kid. From New York, didn't start playing until something crazy like 14yo.

Dude legit showed up in England as a teenager and started modeling for Burberry. :lol:

What!?

That’s a crazy man. Where is the background on this? :lol:

Damn you really know your Americans players.

You’re like the American version of how I am with Portugal. 🤯

Thought you had left us for dead. Meanwhile you really been gallivanting around CDMX wearing the crest.
I only wore the crest to the match.

The rest of the week, hell no. Seeing USMNT fans arriving in the days before the match, walking up and down Reforma in their full gear was certainly a choice but wild to me :lol:

What!?

That’s a crazy man. Where is the background on this? :lol:

Damn you really know your Americans players.

You’re like the American version of how I am with Portugal. 🤯

I just didn't have a club growing up. San Jose Earthquakes were like 30 minutes from me but that's not my city plus, it was MLS. :lol:

I'm a little more than a casual Arsenal fan mostly because of Thierry Henry, but that organic connection just isn't there the same way it is with my hometown teams in other sports.

I worked as a youth development coach for 10 years so I was just always way more invested in following individual young players and general U.S. youth development. Particularly guys who headed to Europe at a young age.

I only wore the crest to the match.

The rest of the week, hell no. Seeing USMNT fans arriving in the days before the match, walking up and down Reforma in their full gear was certainly a choice but wild to me :lol:

:rofl:

Hope you enjoyed it man. I've never been to a USMNT at home or abroad but Mexico City is one of my favorite cities in the world.

I think the the thing that gets people a little heated, and justifiably so about Pulisic at Chelsea is that Mason Mount was given tons of opportunities and wasn't delivering. But CP wasn't. I can some what see that argument.

But that being said...I agree with Jaime Carragher. CP will never break out and be a Chelsea star. He isn't worlds better then Mount, Havertz, Ziyech, Sterling, Gallagher, Loftus-Cheek. What he needs (outside of staying healthy) is game time. I think he would be better suited at a mid table team to be the starting winger. Hell at this point just throw him on Leeds with the other americans.

Back
Top Bottom