Official Warriors Offseason Thread --> PLEASE LOCK.

Much rather have Spoelstra.

Or Stan Van Gundy. Or JVG.

But the reality is, it's really easy to find a coach better than Don Nelson.

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Originally Posted by heatpinoyboy

What a great way to start my day
smh.gif
frown.gif
Just be happy we have new ownership, we can only hope they won't run things the same way Cohan did.
Yeah your right. At the end of the day I'm feeling reassured.

Originally Posted by NothingToL0se

this org. is so lucky to have such loyal fans
smh.gif
I swear, prior to 2007, I probably knew five Warrior fans, now people are saying they've been fans
smh.gif
(Not directed to any of you).

[h1]Nelson Hopes To Remain With Warriors[/h1]
Jul 15, 2010 9:35 PM EST

Nelson_Don_gsw.jpg
With the Warriors sold, speculation has begun about whether Don Nelson will coach next season. He is due $6 million regardless of whether or not he is retained.

"I'd love to coach next year," said Nelson.

Nelson has yet to speak with the franchise's new owners.

"If I have to be a part of the change, I will understand."

Via Marc Stein/ESPN (via Twitter)

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi..._hopes_to_remain_with_warriors/#ixzz0to2tfQ7b
i wouldnt doubt it. the warriors had a strong fanbase even before 07. did you just move to the bay area these past few years? where do you live exactly because knowing only 5 fans before the playoff run is pretty surprising.

man nelson has to go. they should start everthing over. spoelstra is a good coach so after riley makes him step down this year like he did stan van gundy, they should fire nelson and hire him.

Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan415

i wouldnt doubt it. the warriors had a strong fanbase even before 07. did you just move to the bay area these past few years? where do you live exactly because knowing only 5 fans before the playoff run is pretty surprising.
I've been in the Bay Area all my life, but I've never seen so many people claiming to be fans till after our playoff appearance.

Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan415

I've been in the Bay Area all my life, but I've never seen so many people claiming to be fans till after our playoff appearance.

[size=+2]You're hanging out in the wrong places then because the Warriors always had a strong fan base.  [/size][size=+2]
[/size]

[size=+2]Golden State Warriors Attendance[/size]
[table][tr][td]Year[/td][td]Total[/td][td]Avg[/td][/tr][tr][td]2008-09[/td][td]776,660[/td][td]18,942[/td][/tr][tr][td]2007-08[/td][td]804,864[/td][td]19,630[/td][/tr][tr][td]2006-07[/td][td]742,267[/td][td]18,104[/td][/tr][tr][td]2005-06[/td][td]730,928[/td][td]18,273[/td][/tr][tr][td]2004-05[/td][td]670,368[/td][td]16,350[/td][/tr][tr][td]2003-04[/td][td]665,648[/td][td]16,235[/td][/tr][/table]

I actually know what you're talking about Luong. After our We Believe run, a few people I know started to rep the Warriors hard, and act like they've been through it all. I had no idea they were Warrior fans beforehand but after that, they suddenly became hardcore fans.
But in general though, we've had fans even through the bad years.

On another note, Jeremy Lin played very well in that summer league game vs. the Wizards. He actually matched up John Wall very well and played great defense on him.

I was referring to my peers...Guess there was a misunderstanding.

Naw i feel you.  The "bandwagon" Warrior fans actually came before the We Believe year.  As soon as we got B Diddy, that's when i started hearing about cats being Warrior fans when i know for sure they didn't even WATCH basketball. 

Originally Posted by OneTrust

Naw i feel you.  The "bandwagon" Warrior fans actually came before the We Believe year.  As soon as we got B Diddy, that's when i started hearing about cats being Warrior fans when i know for sure they didn't even WATCH basketball. 

same here i've been with this team since i can remember and it pisses me off when bandwagon fans voice their opinion when they don't know what they are talking about

Originally Posted by OneTrust

ive gotten plenty of heat for saying the exact same thing what Luong, One and acid just said

the warriors do have a strong loyal fanbase but i know a lot of my friends/peers who werent basketball fans but suddenly became "die hard" warrior fans when the warriors were throat to throat with the clips for the 8th spot...but hey bandwagons tend to hop on when things go well

anyways g'day warrior fans

What the $*+% is this #@#! about Larry Ellison offering the most money and Cohan still selling the team to Lacob?? And word is that Ellison missed a deadline? How do you amass billions of dollars and miss a deadline? I doubt that was the real reason Ellison didn't get the team even though he offered more $$. That's some fishy #@#! right there.

Originally Posted by acidicality

I actually know what you're talking about Luong. After our We Believe run, a few people I know started to rep the Warriors hard, and act like they've been through it all. I had no idea they were Warrior fans beforehand but after that, they suddenly became hardcore fans.
laugh.gif

hell yeah.

and then the funny part is they try to say things basketball/warriors related and you're just like
eek.gif
eyes.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
sick.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by offbad

Originally Posted by acidicality

laugh.gif

hell yeah.

and then the funny part is they try to say things basketball/warriors related and you're just like
eek.gif
eyes.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
sick.gif
tired.gif
it's what sets them apart, though. they'll be talking out of their !## and stating all these facts and obvious answers, but when you hit em with something pretty given..it'll be like.."ohhh yeahh yeah yeahh-- that too!"

yeah, okay.

eh i'm not even sure when i got into the warriors. i just started catching games when i found out it was on FSN BA (> CSN BA) around 05 i think. went to my first game my 2nd year living in the US when Jordan was with the Wizards and Gil killed em, free coupons for taco bell chalupa for whatever reason though. i think cause the W's scored over 100.

Morrow
frown.gif

$450 is crazy!

I'd like Nellie to coach 1 more yr.

Edit:

I became a "real" fan of the franchise the second they acquired Billy O.
happy.gif

Havent been able to get to a computer to chime in.

-I am fine with the sale. I wanted Ellison, but I think this dude will do the job. He's a fan of the Warriors and a Bay head. Im excited to see what we can do with this team. He seems committed to winning.

-The Warriors arent moving to Vegas. You can all chill out on that. Its not even the same Mandalay.

-There were definitely some bandwagon fans after 2007, but to say that we havent had a loyal fanbase before that is silly. Were there more after 2007? Sure, but that can be expected with any team rising from futility.

-From everything I hear from analysts and reporters, Erik Spoelstra is a REALLY good coach. Id love to have him here, but I have a feeling that he will not be let go by the Heat. Has anyone actually heard Riley having desire to return to coaching? I feel everyone is assuming he will fire Spoelstra and take his place without any evidence or hinting of this happening. Maybe there has, but I havent heard it. Plus D Wade supposedly LOVES Spoelstra, and I really cant see him becoming unemployed for at least a year.

I just want to say all my friends but 4 are warriors fans and i have to uncles and aunites that have been season ticket holders since 1998, I will always be a warrior fan. Beautiful thing about the warriors is that 49er and Raider fans from the bay all come togther to watch OUR warriors, we deserve a winner

Let me also reiterate something I was getting at before...
Venture Capitalists and Private Equity guys who are worth a damn know how to put in place good management to run things. Lacob is in one of the top firms so he should be acutely aware of this and apply it to the Warriors.

Back
Top Bottom