Official Warriors Season Thread

jedi_monta_copy.jpg

haha monta..!!!!

Hey, the Lakers were after Chris Webber when Bynum went down but C-Webb chose us over them, right? I wonder if they landed C-Webb, would Mitch have tried sohard to get Gasol from the Grizzlies? I don't know... I guess this is all in retrospect but I'm just wondering...

^Probably not. Why spend money on Webber and trade have the team again for Gasol. Webber was an option but once he decided to go to Oakland, Mitch had to lookthe other way. Well that what I think. Haha.

sad to see webber go. Wish it didnt go down like that for him.

Ayo, anyone been wathing heat games lately? Stephane Lasme is averaging about 2.5 blocks per game (18mpg)....

[h2]Ailene Voisin: Barnes' career has taken a downward turn[/h2] [h4]By Ailene Voisin - [email protected]
Published 12:00 am PDT Tuesday, March 25, 2008[/h4]
OAKLAND - Matt Barnes doesn't understand it, so he certainly can't explain it. He loses his mother after a three-month battle with cancer - days before her 50th birthday - and four months later, after grieving and beginning to recover emotionally, finds his promising career with the Golden State Warriors skidding to a halt.

No minutes against Houston.

Seven minutes against the Lakers on Sunday.

Three minutes against the Lakers on Monday.

Barnes, the former Del Campo standout, studies the stat sheets and stares forlornly into a future that, he suspects, will resume elsewhere next season.

"I'm assuming there are other teams out there that will be interested," he said before the Lakers outlasted the Warriors in a 123-119 overtime shootout, "so I'm hoping somehow to get back out there to help the team. This is the toughest thing I've ever experienced. I think about my mom all the time, of course, but I have been dealing with that. I just don't know what happened with basketball."

A year ago, as the Warriors embarked on their wildly improbable playoff run, Barnes became a rotation player for the first time in his pro career. He emerged as one of Don Nelson's favorites, a gangly 6-foot-7, 220-pound swingman who provided playmaking and perimeter shooting, energy and effort, and whose steals and deflections epitomized the undersized club's dramatically improved defense.

Then came the offseason, and a fateful financial decision. Then came the exhibition season, and Ann Barnes' terminal illness. Then came the onslaught of competition, first from Mickael Pietrus, and more recently, from long-armed rookie Brandan Wright. Now comes this: the nightly struggle to remain relevant and replicate last year's career-best averages of 9.8 points, 4.6 rebounds and 2.1 assists.

"Like I told Matt," Nelson explained, "two people are playing better than him right now (Pietrus and Wright). He played ahead of these guys for three-quarters of the season. I gave him every opportunity, and tried to be fair."

Asked to cite specific areas where Barnes' performance has deteriorated, the coach paused. "There isn't one thing you could say he's not doing. He just did everything better last year."

Barnes' personal and professional lives were supposed to converge differently, of course. After playing briefly for the Kings, Los Angeles Clippers and Philadelphia, and spending 2002-2003 with Fayetteville in the NBA Development League, he had come to regard the Warriors as extended family. His parents, Ann and Henry, who lived in Fair Oaks, rarely missed a home game. His late-season success also left him envisioning a long-term future in Northern California, though admittedly, on his own, more lucrative terms.

In a decision that now appears questionable at best, he rejected the security of a three-year offer, opting instead for a one-year agreement (at just more than $3 million) and free agency in the upcoming offseason.

"I just thought that I would have another breakthrough year, set myself up, and really be in command for the first time in my career," Barnes said glumly. "It's been the exact opposite."

He insists he is the same person, the same player. He wonders what would happen with more consistent opportunities. He says friends, relatives and teammates are encouraging him to keep up his spirits, and with his mood lightening momentarily, reminds that Nelson is known for changing his mind and tinkering with his lineups. Besides, who knows what will transpire as the Warriors stretch for the playoffs, with the Western Conference continuing to resemble a group hug?

"I just hope I have a chance to contribute," said Barnes. "My whole career has been a series of one-year contracts, so I should be used to this."

http://www.topix.com/r/0DcwBtjGfytd...cavW8OS29lCJAm8fV5wZDjiaggUcXw7to39T1ewhWk=3D

Damn, i feel bad for Matt, but what Nelson said is true, Pietrus, Azubuike and Wright have all been playing better.

if he could just regulate himself to being a role player that plays defence and takes the open jumper instead of trying to singlehandedly take over games,he'd be in a much better position. but right now, 'Buike, Wright, and Pietrus are all clearly outplaying him.

For those who are going, I'm most likely going as well (Along with Jrichformvp)

I'll probably be lugging around a Canon Rebel XTi with lots of BD dunking on AK posters
laugh.gif

Hope to see you guys there!
glasses.gif

He's probably over thinking on the court, you can see it. He knows if he eff's up, Nellie is going to sub him out. Therefore, he's not playing wellbecause he's mind isn't on just doing what comes naturally.

I think the Warriors will pick him up next year, a new year may be best for him, plus less wear and tear on his body.
Lets see if he can snap out of his funk and instead of wondering, just go out and play and earn the time.

I think barnes will come back because the interest for him probably isn't that high around the league anymore.

Buike will be on Rome is burning tomorrow
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

So...did anyone go to see Baron?

The event was postponed. They had a sign outside the store saying that it was reschedule, but a new date wasn't given. I just ended up going to the7-Eleven two stores down and buying a hot dog.

I feel bad for Matt. Hes been playing really tentatively and his fire is gone. Where was the guy who killed those teams that let him go back then? Wheres theguy who has the money shot at the corner? He aint even a threat on the 3 anymore....Matt, step it up man. U gotta get your groove back!

Btw...if webber is gone, can we sign someone else? Or the roster is full (POB recall)?

Also,,,Jrich got the lakers back for us tonight lol...

Originally Posted by Red Is On NT

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

So...did anyone go to see Baron?

The event was postponed. They had a sign outside the store saying that it was reschedule, but a new date wasn't given. I just ended up going to the 7-Eleven two stores down and buying a hot dog.
You went downtown for a freakin' hot dog?!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom