mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Where was Monta tonight? I had a feeling that Portland wasn't going to give up tonight...Ahh well, focus for the game on Friday and pull off a win there.

Originally Posted by 715 asterisk

Jack just keeps teaching new moves.

Jackson isn't taking practice seriously... that's why he's a turnover waiting to happen.
mad.gif

Ehhh, I'm just mad because the Warriors stunk it up in Portland. If we won that game, Jackson could do whatever the hell he wants... except go to a stripclub because we all know what happened last time...

Originally Posted by Paul Is 0n NT

I miss Fitz and Barnett after hearing those two goofs from the Portland telecast...

Couldn't agree with you more. I thought Fitz and Barnett were biased but they are nothing compared to those two clowns.

Warriors in foul mood after loss

By Geoff Lepper
Bay Area News Group

Article Launched: 12/13/2007 01:52:33 AM PST

PORTLAND, Ore. - The Warriors returned Wednesday to the scene of one of their greatest triumphs from last season. Golden State Coach Don Nelson and his players had danced like madmen at center court of the Rose Garden after the season finale, a 22-point victory that clinched the franchise's first playoff spot since 1994.

Wednesday, however, was no return to the dance floor for the Warriors. Making do without Monta Ellis on the second half of a back-to-back, Golden State was unable to cope with what it perceived as 8-on-5 basketball - fighting not only the Trail Blazers but also the NBA's three-man officiating crew.

After a third-quarter burst, a disjointed and disappointed Golden State team fell apart in a 105-95 defeat.

Portland became the second team this month to have three players crack the 20-point barrier against the Warriors' improved defense. Travis Outlaw (22), Brandon Roy (21) and James Jones (21) combined for 64 points.

But it was the work of referees Bennie Adams, Matt Boland and Dan Crawford that drew the most ire in Golden State's locker room after the Trail Blazers shot 30 free throws to the Warriors' 13.

"I'm still trying to figure out what's considered a foul and what's not considered a foul," said Stephen Jackson, who drew a technical foul in the third quarter and fouled out in the fourth. "I need to read the players' manual. I'm confused right now."

In sharp contrast to the raucous coronation that took place in April,Wednesday was an aggravating, frustrating slog for the Warriors, and it showed in the actions of Jackson and Baron Davis.
Davis, feeling unjustly fouled by Sergio Rodriguez as they chased down a loose ball in the second quarter, angrily flipped the ball in what appeared to be Rodriguez's direction, then wouldn't accept the Spaniard's handshake.

Jackson was called for a technical foul in the third quarter at the end of a sequence that began with Joel Przybilla ripping a rebound away from Andris Biedrins. Jackson grabbed hold of Przybilla's jersey before hacking him with both arms, after which Crawford hit Jackson with his second technical of the season.

"These days, when I get techs I don't know if I did something or not," Jackson said. "(It's) based on how people perceive me, so I don't even pay it no attention, man."

Davis finished with 23 points, 11 assists and eight rebounds, and Matt Barnes gathered up his first double-double of the season with 15 points and a season-high 12 rebounds.

But only two other Warriors reached double figures, and Jackson - who hadn't scored fewer than 15 points in any of his 15 earlier appearances - was held to nine points on 3-for-15 shooting, going 0 for 7 on three-pointers.

"When you are a scorer and you're trying to get into your rhythm when you drive and try to make a play at the basket and you don't get a call, that can throw you out of your rhythm," Jackson said. "It's like a blocked shot or a turnover or a missed shot."

The Warriors couldn't get any closer than eight points in the fourth quarter, even though Nelson tried everybody he could think of, going so far as to unearth Marco Belinelli and DJ Mbenga off the bench after neither had played a minute in the first three quarters.

None of it made a difference, as the Warriors couldn't come up with stops - or at least ones that weren't negated by a whistle.

There's gonna be nights where calls won't be going your way. They need to learn not to get thrown off like that anymore. Brandon Roy and TravisOutlaw played great and straight killed us last night. We couldn't stop Roy when he went iso and Outlaw just shot lights out with his midrange jumpers.

MANN i wished I was at O high today. They told the seniors that they have a senior meeting, but as a suprise Baron came out and gave stuff away.

^That's cool. Baron is going to be even more pissed when the Lakers come into town tomorrow. I hope Monta will be OK...The W's will lose some gameslike last night in Portland through out the season and that's OK. Just as long as they come up strong the next game and they play well, the W's will befine. The W's need to make sure they start beating the Lakers...I have feeling the W's and Lakers series will mean a lot in order the W's to makethe playoffs.

Originally Posted by ady2glude707

whys baron behind stack and terry in All star balloting? WTF?
i dont know why but we need to start voting for him then. and andris does not even have 30,000 votes yet.

For anyone who has sat in the student body section:

Did a lot of people get left out for the free tickets or do you most likely get in?

Back
Top Bottom