Official Warriors Season Thread

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Paul i found the Monta vid:

It's # 6 on the countdown.
eff it make the avy 100x100. Try to make it as least kb as possible. If it's above the limit it's cool.
No border so the file can be smaller ( will it
nerd.gif
) tag: GSDOUBLEU time: 00:53- 00:56 (where he lands)

Thanks in advance Paul.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Yeah, I got you... Let me just get situated first. I'm going to move my laptop to my room and then brush my teeth, etc...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Paul Is 0n NT

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Originally Posted by Paul Is 0n NT

Hey you guys that use online streams...you think that DSL 1.5 mbs is good for a stream? Like the video won't be choppy or anything? I'm about to switch to DSL that's why and I want to know what I'm getting myself into.

Yo Paul, if you're going for that 14.99 deal, dont do it. I have the 19.99 deal and I already think it's crap because I can't watch the streams(it's so slow and "choppy") when they dont broadcast on FSN/ESPN/TNT and it's horrible in my highest opinion. If you have comcast, stick to it or you'll regret it. Hope that helps.

Just looking through Youtube and I thought this was a great video. My idea of a perfect team.
Damn, I just got back from AT&T/Cingular and already got DSL. It's the 1.5 mbps speed
smh.gif
. That's the best they had for my area (Daly City). I originally wanted the 6.0 mbps... I even wanted to go down to the 3.0 mbps but they still didn't have it available. This sucks. I didn't have Comcast BTW, I had RCN who turned into Astound!. I was so pissed at cable because I have 3 computers hooked up to my wireless modem and I'm suspecting my neighbor's stealing my internet access because it's so slow.

you should have secured your network

Franchise 55...

His mom has been battling cancer for the past year I believe. That's what the "family issues" Matt Barnes was going through months during theoff-season. It's sad to hear...Hopefully it all goes away.

And as for the folks talking about the internet...I miss Comcast internet. As expensive as it was, that was the fast internet I have experienced in my home.Since moving to Sacramento...I mean I get pretty quick internet over at Sac State...But still, this AT&T High Speed Internet is terrible. It's cheapsince my parents gave me their employee ATT discount on my bill...But still...Comcast how I miss you so much.

We miss you Stephan Lasme...

[h2]http://www.mercextra.com/blogs/warriors/2007/11/17/the-mbenga-mystery/[/h2]
[h2]The Mbenga Mystery[/h2]
By Adam Lauridsen
Saturday, November 17th, 2007 at 4:33 pm in Don Nelson, Patrick O'Bryant, Chris Mullin, Kosta Perovic, Brandan Wright, Stephane Lasme, DJ Mbenga.

Goodbye Stephane Lasme. Hello DJ Mbenga. It's hardly an earth-shattering move, but it's interesting if only for being a head-scratcher.

Granted, I haven't seen that much of DJ Mbenga. However, from the short glimpses I have witnessed, he simply isn't that good. He hung around the Mavs for three years but rarely managed more than 4-6 minutes a game. With Dampier constantly modeling suits on the bench and Diop setting foul-per-minute records, there was time open on the Mavs for him to seize. He's not a scoring threat, which means minutes will be even harder to snag in Nelson's system. Finally, with O'Bryant and Wright finally earning minutes (and trust), along with Croshere returning from injury, we have some serviceable bodies on the front line.

We obviously have a need for a stronger, active big-man - and there's an argument to be made that DJ is the best cheap option available - but from what we've seen I'm not convinced that Nelson will play him or that the few minutes he might get are worth cutting ties with Lasme. Hence, the head scratching.

Here are my best guesses, however, as to what's behind the move:
  • Practice - I feel somewhat silly even typing this, but Mbenga may have been brought in purely as a practice player. It's one thing for Wright (or POB) to look good when he's being guarded by Al Harrington or Matt Barnes, but the experience does little to prepare him for the harsh realities of wide-bodies like Carlos Boozer, Dwight Howard, Chris Kaman, or Al Jefferson. By bringing a big, heavy body into practice, the Warriors can gain more experience against a body that actually resembles a traditional NBA low-post player. Before we get worried about him taking time away from Andris, POB, and Wright, it's worth waiting to see whether he even makes it into games. If he can help accelerate the development of our youngsters against heavier, stronger players, the move is a little easier to swallow.
  • Knowledge of Nelson's System - DJ's time with the Mavs will make him an easy addition to the Warriors scheme. Nelson obviously has trust issues with his rookies and new players, even with some increased minutes for guys outside the top 6 rotation Friday night. By bringing in Mbenga, he gets an energy player known for his defense and rebounding, but also a guy who will know his role on the team. He probably will only see spot duty, but Nelson might actually be more willing to let a more-predictable, less-talented player get time at this point than a less-consistent, more-talented youngster like Wright or POB. If this is the explanation, however, it seems awfully short-sighted coming at the cost of Lasme.
  • Lasme's Tweener Status - I was intrigued by Stephane Lasme. When I saw him in practice and during the preseason, he looked to have an NBA motor, if not NBA body. Nelson, however, has seen far more of him against NBA competition than any of us. For an undersized college player coming out of a second-tier program, there's always the possibility that his numbers and skills simply won't translate to the NBA. Still, two months seems like an awfully short period to make that conclusion, particularly given the challenges of Nelson's system. But if anyone had to go in order to bring someone else on board, Lasme makes sense. I'll reference a post I wrote mid-summer on the Mullin Doctrine: scarcity is key. Kosta might be years away from helping an NBA team, but offensively skilled 7-footers are a rare beast. Undersized, offensively challenged tweener forwards, however, are available every year at picks 20-60. I wish Lasme the best in the NBA, but he was the most replaceable (and therefore expendable) piece of our roster.
As with the signings of Croshere and Hudson, this is a minor move so it's not worth too much hand-wringing (or head-scratching). The obvious take-away point beyond all the speculation above is that Mullin and Nelson are still looking for ways to tweak this roster. It remains to be seen whether it needs a whole lot more than tweaking, but it makes sense to try the small changes before leaping into the big ones.

Great, Mbenga being target practice for Warriors to #%%* on. We need to sign dudes that can actually help us win games, notanother piece of !#+% sitting on the bench.
grin.gif
smh.gif

^we have all that we need to win. I consider Mbenga a good addition...especially if it is for practice, plus, maybe Mullin figured that we needed to step upour front court game.

^id also like to add that Mbenga would prolly be a plus for biedrins for resting time, and for foul touble as well. we have amazing players in baron, monte,barnes and sjax who can create and set up plays for Mbenga too.

^i didnt mean it in that way. more like making the front court bigger, not necessarily an "upgrade".

he is more experience than our rookies..POB and WRIGHT will not always be on point like friday

hes a big dude...the roles i can see him doing are:

-giving our main big guys a blow
-intimidation factor..plug him in the middle against a team that penetrates a lot
-guard against bigger nba fowards...
-grab some rebounds..maybe get a field goal or two under the basket

The Warriors have what they need to win. They have the practically the same from last year..Minus Richardson. Mbenga still confuses me but if it will help themto challenge the rookies in practice and produce more then so be it. The W's have been in practically the last 5 games. They had the bodies to win thosegames, but with playing a zone that was implemented into their system right away without any preparation in the off season that is what allowed them tostruggle. Miami Heat are in a similar position. They have great players in Wade and Shaq and have a group of supporting members on the team who has helped themwin games...Yet they aren't doing well. With Stack Jack returning in about 40 minutes against Toronto. The W's will move forward...Mbenga won'ttake any time from POB or Wright...Well that's what I would think. The W's will always suck at rebounding because they are undersized...But Nellie canwin. We have the players who could contribute at every facate of the game...They just don't make their free throws.
wink.gif

Intimidation factor in the key because he isn't attractive one bit and players wouldn't want to drive to the hoop with him standing there?
j._mbenga-arton21081-240x240.jpg

Paul, it's just this one block in the San Francisco/Sunset area... We don't get crap over here, but the few blocks next to us do.

Great win for the Dubs.

Too bad I couldnt watch the game on the stream, Internet sucks. (Paul, did you watch it? If so, how was it for you?)

Nice to see that we could pick up a W on the road, hope it continues.
Let my strike of "Warrior fans may not make game threads" continue and let you bigdummy keep making those threads for us
pimp.gif

yes, Warriors won the first of the 5 road trip games.
pimp.gif

I
[table][tr][td]Sun 18[/td] [td]@ Toronto[/td] [td]10:00am[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
broadcast_NBALP.gif
, SCORE[/td] [td]1050[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Tue 20[/td] [td]@ New York[/td] [td]4:30pm[/td] [td]FSBay[/td] [td]
broadcast_NBALP.gif
[/td] [td]1050[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Wed 21[/td] [td]@ Boston[/td] [td]4:30pm[/td] [td]FSBay[/td] [td]
broadcast_NBALP.gif
[/td] [td]1050[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Fri 23[/td] [td]@ Washington[/td] [td]4:00pm[/td] [td]FSBay[/td] [td]
broadcast_NBALP.gif
[/td] [td]KNBR 680[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sat 24[/td] [td]@ Philadelphia[/td] [/tr][/table]
I hope they can beat the teams they should beat and make up our record.

Let's take the Knicks and Philly and I'll be quite happy with this Road Trip....now my Bulls the other hand...yikes.

It was great to get a win today, but it will be interesting to see how the Warriors play on the rest of the road trip. Hopefully the Warriors can use thismomentum and keep it going throughout the trip. The only bad thing is that we're going to catch Boston on a back-to-back. There are two sets ofback-to-backs so hopefully Nellie can manage all the players time well so we can get as many wins as possible. Maybe some extended PT for Wright, Belinelli andPOB.

Back
Top Bottom