Official Warriors Season Thread

Booooooooooom!

laugh.gif

whatever you do, don't listen to that idiot Paul Is On Nt when it comes to personnel matters and the Warriors

its halfway thru the year and what have Bellinelli, Wright, or Lasme contributed ya big dummy???? same deficiencies on defense and rebounding. Warriors are myteam but just treading water, not breaking any new ground.

Paul Is On NT you are a dumb#$%#!

^what the hell?
laugh.gif
If anything those guys aren't contributing because Nellie isn't giving them minutes. Wright should be playing more...I'drather see him take some minutes at the 4 than Barnes/Pietrus. But then again it's Nellie

Originally Posted by blkdiamondsent

whatever you do, don't listen to that idiot Paul Is On Nt when it comes to personnel matters and the Warriors

its halfway thru the year and what have Bellinelli, Wright, or Lasme contributed ya big dummy???? same deficiencies on defense and rebounding. Warriors are my team but just treading water, not breaking any new ground.

How does Lasme contribute to the Warriors if he's not on the team?
Anyway, the Warriorshave been playing pretty decent, it's just pathetic how we lost to the Timberwolves (It really was
smh.gif
)

Hopefully we can win more home games, we've been letting our opponents get back into the game a lot.

Let's go Golden State Warriors!

Originally Posted by blkdiamondsent

its halfway thru the year and what have Bellinelli, Wright, or Lasme contributed ya big dummy???? same deficiencies on defense and rebounding. Warriors are my team but just treading water, not breaking any new ground.

Says the man with the Icon.

The Warriors are "seriously interested" in free-agent big man Chris Webber, a team source confirmed Friday night. Two team officials confirmed that the Warriors are in discussions with Webber, who played his rookie season with the Warriors in 1993-94. There is some belief the two parties are close to an agreement. A different source confirmed that Webber and Warriors coach Don Nelson, who separated on bad terms in 1994, have talked in an attempt to put the past behind them. Contra Costa Times

Warriors executive vice president of basketball operations Chris Mullin has said a big man is on his wish list. Webber thrived in Nelson's offense as a rookie, but he turns 35 on March 1 and hasn't played in the NBA this season. In addition to conditioning concerns, knee surgeries and 14 seasons in the NBA have robbed Webber of his explosiveness. Contra Costa Times
We (lakers) offered him a contract from what I understand yesturday. I think he wants to be with you guys because of the open offense. He can getmore shots and I don't think donnie will trip compared to phil and the triangle.

i'll seriously be
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
if we actually get webber. i guess he can kinda help our team a bit, i just hope he doesn't take those lazy 17 footers allday long and passes the ball (which is what would benefit the warriors the most) around from the post area.

[h1]Players are keen on Webber[/h1] [h2]His relationship with Nelson might be repaired[/h2]

Janny Hu, Chronicle Staff Writer

Sunday, January 27, 2008

(01-26) 19:28 PST Oakland -- The once absurd prospect of Chris Webber reuniting with the Warriors and Don Nelson is moving toward reality.

With one team official putting the odds at "50-50" and another source saying that an announcement could be made by the end of the week, Webber's possible arrival as a free agent is being met with approval by players.

"That'd be awesome," Baron Davis said Saturday. "We just want to become a better team. If management feels like they can bring in somebody who can help us do that, we're all for it."

According to league sources, the idea of Webber returning was hatched more than a month ago with the Warriors looking for frontline help.

Since then, Nelson and Webber have spoken over the phone to mend wounds from their 1993-94 clashes, which led to Webber's trade after his Rookie of the Year season and Nelson's firing midway through the 1994-95 season.

Webber is expected to make his decision in the next few days. The Warriors follow tonight's game with a midweek trip to Houston and New Orleans.

Nelson continues to dance around the subject of his former headache, but forward Matt Barnes admits recruiting Webber to the Warriors.

"Of course I did," said Barnes, who played with Webber in Sacramento and Philadelphia. "Chris and I have been friends for a while. It would be good to see Chris here. I talked to him a couple of weeks ago. He's working out, just getting ready mentally, physically."

Those indeed remain the biggest questions surrounding Webber, who has not played in an NBA game since the Pistons lost to the Cavaliers in last season's Eastern Conference finals.

Physically, Webber has endured 14 seasons of NBA wear and tear, as well as a microfracture procedure in 2003. He turns 35 in March and would have to keep up with the Warriors' up-tempo style.

Mentally, Webber would have to accept being a role player in Nelson's rotation, with the likelihood of spending ample time at center - the position he bristled at playing during his first go-around under Nelson.

As far as Barnes is concerned, neither will be a problem.

"That's up to the coaching staff, who gets the minutes," Barnes said. "Anyone who comes in here, we're going to make sure they have a good time and they're going to play hard. ...

"He can keep up the pace. I see Chris in the summertime, the way he was playing in Detroit. He'll be fine here if he decides to come here. Someone with his experience and his knowledge of the game, the way he passes the ball, all the stuff he does, it'll definitely help our team out."

Webber isn't likely to receive more than the pro-rated veteran's minimum of $1.2 million from any of his suitors, which are believed to also include the Lakers and Pistons. The Lakers recently signed ex-Warriors center DJ Mbenga to a 10-day contract after the injury to Andrew Bynum.

The Warriors are similarly looking to upgrade their frontcourt without moving Al Harrington, according to a league source, and have found the market cool for forward Mickael Pietrus.

That leaves small roster tweaks as the likeliest path to improvement before February's trade deadline, and the Warriors firmly believe the addition of an experienced player - be it Webber, Gary Payton or someone else - would not disrupt their team chemistry.

"It's not stepping on anyone's toes because there isn't one leader," Davis said. "Everyone leads in their own separate way, and in this team, we all feed off each other. So having another veteran in here is no problem."

Nelson added: "Our leadership is so strong here I wouldn't worry about that. I'd say if anything, we'd be stronger. More veteran leadership is a good thing. I've got enough rookies."

Briefly: Barring any drastic changes, point guard C.J. Watson is on track to be signed for the rest of the season when his second 10-day contract expires Monday. ... Pietrus received his first "Did Not Play - Coach's Decision" against New Jersey on Thursday after his on-and-off bout with the stomach flu. "He didn't look real sharp at practice, and I decided just to probably not take a chance on him," Nelson said.

Warriors don't fear rattling their happy home

ADDING STRONG PERSONALITIES WOULDN'T BE A PROBLEM, THEY SAY

By Geoff Lepper
Bay Area News Group

Article Launched: 01/27/2008 01:51:49 AM PST

The short rotation being used by Coach Don Nelson suggests that the Warriors could use another player or two on their roster.

Adding a wide-eyed rookie such as guard C.J. Watson is one thing. But if the Warriors bring in a one-time superstar in the twilight of his career - such as forward Chris Webber, whom the team is considering, or guard Gary Payton, who has worked out for the club - could a strong veteran persona wreck the team's carefully cultivated chemistry?

"I'm not concerned about any of that," Nelson said Saturday, a day after the Warriors' significant interest in Webber became clear. "Our leadership is so strong here, I wouldn't worry about that. I'd say if anything, we'd be stronger. More veteran leadership is a good thing, not a bad thing. I've got enough rookies.

"Nothing's hard. We can make everything as easy as possible."

Two of the Warriors' captains are equally willing to take that chance.

"We welcome anything," guard Baron Davis said. "It's not stepping on anybody's toes, because there is no one leader. Everybody leads in their own separate way, and this team, we all feed off each other. Having another veteran in here would be good for all of us."

"This is a great situation to be in, and a lot of people want to come here, play for Nellie and play with us," forward Matt Barnes said. "So if we bring in anyone, I'm sure they'll fit right in."

They would need to. The Warriors displayed strong team unity last season in a mad dash to the finish. Though they are winning again this season, at 26-18, it isn't with the free-flowing ease of last March and April.

"We've got a different chemistry because we've gotten a lot younger," said swingman Stephen Jackson, the Warriors' third captain. "We had a real solid core of guys that had a lot of experience (last season). . . . We've got a lot of young guys that are still trying to figure out their roles, a lot of them are nervous at times. A lot of it's still kind of new to them."

Webber would bring a wealth of experience, in addition to providing another big body at power forward or center. That's why Barnes - a Sacramento native who has known Webber since his days as a member of the Kings - recently gave him a recruiting speech.

"It'd be good to see Chris here." Barnes said. "I talked to him a couple of weeks ago. He's working out, just getting ready mentally and physically."

Would Webber, with his history of knee problems, slow the Warriors too much?

"He can keep up the pace," Barnes said. "I see Chris in the summertime and the way he was playing in Detroit. He'll be fine if he decides to come here."

And, of course, there remains the question of how Webber and Nelson would get along. Though the two have talked recently on the phone, they parted ways bitterly 14 years ago because Webber fumed over Nelson's criticisms.

• Nelson refuted the notion that there was a trade-related reason for Mickael Pietrus' absence from the Warriors' victory over New Jersey on Thursday.

"He's been out for a couple of games, battling the flu," Nelson said. "He didn't look really sharp at the practice, so I decided to just probably not take a chance on him."

good read...i'm having mixed emotions about webber signing because i do fear him screwing up our team chemistry. but he has matured and grown a lot sincehis rookie season here, so who knows...i've always hated the guy though. he single-handedly ruined us for 13 years.

I didn't even know that Payton worked out for the W's already...Interesting...We'll probably find out what happens to Watson by tomorrow if he willbe signed for the rest of the season. To see Payton and Webber in a W's uniform...Sheesh. Old school.

webber and payton in warrior uniforms, that be something. but im still hoping they get a better player in a trade. if those two get sign i guess it wouldnt bebad, we could use all the help to stay in the playoff race because rockets and jazz are right on our tails.

oh yah.. hook me up with the warrior sig.

Warriors are picking up Webber this week, and Payton around the all star game

take it for what its worth...dont be surprised if im right

frown.gif
man i really wish i could go to the game on friday but i'm stuck in socal. at least i'll be able to watch it

im going youll see me with a big rasterbated poster of jrich and baron hugging ill be sitting in 108 come say whats up

Back
Top Bottom