OFFICIAL Washington Huskies Thread

that helmet is NICEEEEEEEEEEE

Shaq's helmet not gonna look like that at the end of the BS game tho... ALLLL BLUE AND ORANGE from smackin the Broncos around (pause)

anyone going to the game? meet up? lets do it

GO DAWGS!!

First ASJ and now Kasen. :smh:

The team is dropping the ball before camp even begins. Not a good way to start this season full of big expectations.

Last edited:
Hey, if it helps like it did the 2000 Huskies I'm all for it.

All joking aside, hopefully this is where it ends

[h2]Assessing the Huskies’ depth at tight end[/h2]
Posted by Adam Jude

Washington junior tight end Michael Hartvigson. (Dean Rutz/The Seattle Times)

Austin Seferian-Jenkins is out for the Huskies’ opener against No. 19 Boise State, suspended by coach Steve Sarkisian after a much-publicized offseason DUI.

Seferian-Jenkins had been medically cleared to play, after breaking his right pinkie earlier this month, multiple UW sources told me.

Junior receiver Kasen Williams will play on Saturday, sources said. Williams, who led UW with 77 catches for 878 yards in 2012, paid a $695 fine in July for a misdemeanor citation  from Chelan County.

With Seferian-Jenkins out, backup tight ends Josh Perkins and Michael Hartvigson step to the fore.

Hartvigon, a 6-foot-5, 255-pound junior from Bothell, has 14 catches for 85 yards and one touchdown the past two seasons. Perkins, a 6-3, 216-pound converted wide receiver, played in nine of 13 games for UW last season as a redshirt freshman, mostly on special teams. He did not record any offensive statistics.

No, you don’t expect either one to be able to replace the production of a future first-round NFL draft pick. That’s unrealistic. And, yes, the task is more difficult for Keith Price and the UW offense.

But collectively Perkins and Hartvigson should be serviceable for one game, perhaps even better than that. Sarkisian singled both out at various times in training camp, and Perkins at times looked like a versatile and viable threat in the passing game.

“I’m not going to try to be ASJ. Austin’s his own person,” Perkins told me earlier this month. “I’m going to be Josh Perkins. That’s who I am and that’s who I’m going to be. … Whatever situation they put me in, I just want to flourish. If they give me the ball, I’m going to try to make as many plays as possible.
One more day..
57616613968069c4526530034b31e0485657112f.gif

I can't wait.

I'm actually going camping though so I won't be able to see how the refurbished stadium looks and sounds just yet, but best believe I'll be listening to Rondeau's every word on the AM/FM machine.

^ the "AM/FM Machine"? :lol: What are you Mr. Burns

8RO5n.jpg

"Fill it up with petroleum distillate, poste haste!" '

"And revulcanize my tires!"

:lol:

Ross and Mickens in the open field are amazing

Sankey did serious work..kid is special

defense looked better than years past, secondary and LB unit stood out to me the most

I like the uptempo play..cant wait to add ASJ to the mix, Keith finally getting some protection this year

Was gone camping all weekend, but DVR'd the game. Listened to most of it on the radio, but I need to see this.

That jump-throw on the run to Keith's left side was :x

And I don't know if it's because of the hype of the remodeled stadium/first game of the season or a combination of things, but Keith looks like he found his eye of the tiger.

Last edited:
Def feel its a combo of things...he looked like his "old" self

What did you think of the zone read?

It was interesting to me Keith didnt take the ball many times if at all..dont know how well that works in the future if he doesnt pose as a legit threat when he always will hand it off

Last edited:
I didn't really break it down too much for this specific game, but whether Price hands it off or takes it for himself, is predicated on the defensive end. The only time the Q doesn't hand off is when the DE attacks down the line to meet the RB or if the Q and coaches know for a fact that Keith can beat to the sideline. I'm guessing that Boise just made sure it wasn't Keith beating them on the zone read and the fact that Sankey looks like an All-American is exactly why Sark probably loves this play. Once teams start going after Sankey, Keith will be off and running.

That's just my guess without really zero'ing in on specific plays.

Fellas, i know one game at a time.. but if we win out until the Stanford game (very possible). And we beat the hippies, that leaves us with Gameday against U of 0 (SWIDT?) who is down to make the drive?

Woah dere :lol:

Im def. thinking about going to the Oregon game..regardless of record at that point

I just hope they beat Illinois right now :lol:

2-0. :pimp:

Didn't have access to much of the game yesterday, but saw the scoring flurry to start the second half. Sankey is the real deal. Loving this years team. Can't wait to settle in in two weeks to start watching conference games.

Besides those TO's by Dwayne Washington & Penalties, Good game by the Dawgs. 

Would have felt a little better if they would have kept the lead and didnt make me anxious towards the end but oh well. The D is still leaps and bounds better than the last few years 
57616613968069c4526530034b31e0485657112f.gif

Back
Top Bottom