Official Weezy Thread Vol. "Sorry 4 The Wait" - 7/13. Carter 4 - 8/29.

[h1]Lil Wayne Almost Finished With 'Tha Carter IV'[/h1]

136_1296287922_lil-wayne-.jpg

Steven J. Horowitz | TheBoombox.com | 01/29/2011
read.gif

(4)

Following the release of his post-prison single '6 Foot 7 Foot,' Lil Wayne is ready to unleash the beast. The eccentric rapper is reportedly nearing the finish line for his highly anticipated 'Tha Carter IV,' with Young Money president Mack Maine revealing the album is almost a complete wrap.

"I was in the studio all night workin' on this 'Carter IV,'' he told XXL. 'We pretty much finished, to be honest; we probably need about two more songs. We got David Banner coming in tonight, so hopefully he'll come with somethin'. We try to make sure -- he kind of makes every album. He made 'Tha Carter III,' and made ['We Are Young Money']."

Aside from predictable guest spots from Nicki Minaj and Drake, Weezy is enlisting producers Detail and Swizz Beatz for the project and reaching out to artists with whom he never worked. "I'm gonna keep the features a surprise," Maine continued. "[He] just did something with somebody he never worked with, though."

Wayne recently shot the video for '6 Foot 7 Foot' with director Hype Williams, and will be debuting the clip soon. "[Wayne] actually shot his first video with Hype Williams, which is big. We just finished a four-day video shoot, which is like a movie to me," he said.

SOURCE

[h1]Lil Wayne Almost Finished With 'Tha Carter IV'[/h1]

136_1296287922_lil-wayne-.jpg

Steven J. Horowitz | TheBoombox.com | 01/29/2011
read.gif

(4)

Following the release of his post-prison single '6 Foot 7 Foot,' Lil Wayne is ready to unleash the beast. The eccentric rapper is reportedly nearing the finish line for his highly anticipated 'Tha Carter IV,' with Young Money president Mack Maine revealing the album is almost a complete wrap.

"I was in the studio all night workin' on this 'Carter IV,'' he told XXL. 'We pretty much finished, to be honest; we probably need about two more songs. We got David Banner coming in tonight, so hopefully he'll come with somethin'. We try to make sure -- he kind of makes every album. He made 'Tha Carter III,' and made ['We Are Young Money']."

Aside from predictable guest spots from Nicki Minaj and Drake, Weezy is enlisting producers Detail and Swizz Beatz for the project and reaching out to artists with whom he never worked. "I'm gonna keep the features a surprise," Maine continued. "[He] just did something with somebody he never worked with, though."

Wayne recently shot the video for '6 Foot 7 Foot' with director Hype Williams, and will be debuting the clip soon. "[Wayne] actually shot his first video with Hype Williams, which is big. We just finished a four-day video shoot, which is like a movie to me," he said.

SOURCE

Jan 29 2011 11:45 PM EST 11,572
[h1]Lil Wayne 'Like Kobe Bryant' On Carter IV, David Banner Says[/h1][h2]'He's highly focused and very sharp right now,' MC tells XXL of Weezy.[/h2]
By Mawuse Ziegbe (@mawuseziegbe) /sitewide/images/spacer.gif

Lil Wayne is working on the highly anticipated Tha Carter IV, and according to his pals, he's going for greatness.

David Banner, who put his production touch on Weezy's Carter III cut "La La," recently gave an update to XXL about Wayne's progress on his ninth studio album, and compared the MC's drive to that of one of the NBA's most successful players.

"Wayne is like Kobe Bryant right now," said Banner, who Young Money authority Mack Maine said will contribute to Carter IV. "You know, as Kobe gets older all he cares about is championships. Wayne is in that zone."

Wayne is certainly making up for lost time since his eight-month prison bid. The New Orleans hitmaker has lent his crackly flow to the remix to protégée Nicki Minaj's "Roman's Revenge," appeared in Cash Money boss Birdman's "Fire Flame" remix video and popped up on DJ Khaled's star-packed cut "Welcome to My Hood." Wayne's lead single from the project, "6 Foot 7 Foot," has already been heating up airwaves, and producer Bangladesh — who also crafted his 2008 smash "A Milli" — said the Cory Gunz-assisted record showcases Wayne's lyrical acuity.

"The overall wittiness is everything I was saying about 'A Milli' when it came to be," Bang explained to MTV News in December. "He freestyled 'A Milli,' and before it was big and before we knew what it was gonna do, we all had our opinions of it. A lot of people loved it, but me being the creator of the art, I didn't see the vision that he had. I think he attacked it as a mixtape. And that was the genius of what he did and it became the biggest thing. The way he approached this one, was everything that I wanted him to do on 'A Milli.' I think he's really focusing on every, every line. It's like he's writing. It's different. It's a whole 'nother level of cleverness to it."

Jan 29 2011 11:45 PM EST 11,572
[h1]Lil Wayne 'Like Kobe Bryant' On Carter IV, David Banner Says[/h1][h2]'He's highly focused and very sharp right now,' MC tells XXL of Weezy.[/h2]
By Mawuse Ziegbe (@mawuseziegbe) /sitewide/images/spacer.gif

Lil Wayne is working on the highly anticipated Tha Carter IV, and according to his pals, he's going for greatness.

David Banner, who put his production touch on Weezy's Carter III cut "La La," recently gave an update to XXL about Wayne's progress on his ninth studio album, and compared the MC's drive to that of one of the NBA's most successful players.

"Wayne is like Kobe Bryant right now," said Banner, who Young Money authority Mack Maine said will contribute to Carter IV. "You know, as Kobe gets older all he cares about is championships. Wayne is in that zone."

Wayne is certainly making up for lost time since his eight-month prison bid. The New Orleans hitmaker has lent his crackly flow to the remix to protégée Nicki Minaj's "Roman's Revenge," appeared in Cash Money boss Birdman's "Fire Flame" remix video and popped up on DJ Khaled's star-packed cut "Welcome to My Hood." Wayne's lead single from the project, "6 Foot 7 Foot," has already been heating up airwaves, and producer Bangladesh — who also crafted his 2008 smash "A Milli" — said the Cory Gunz-assisted record showcases Wayne's lyrical acuity.

"The overall wittiness is everything I was saying about 'A Milli' when it came to be," Bang explained to MTV News in December. "He freestyled 'A Milli,' and before it was big and before we knew what it was gonna do, we all had our opinions of it. A lot of people loved it, but me being the creator of the art, I didn't see the vision that he had. I think he attacked it as a mixtape. And that was the genius of what he did and it became the biggest thing. The way he approached this one, was everything that I wanted him to do on 'A Milli.' I think he's really focusing on every, every line. It's like he's writing. It's different. It's a whole 'nother level of cleverness to it."

How are you gonna have 11 posts in a row with no other responses? 
laugh.gif

You know there's an edit button right?

Holy #!#% 
laugh.gif

How are you gonna have 11 posts in a row with no other responses? 
laugh.gif

You know there's an edit button right?

Holy #!#% 
laugh.gif

Even though I dislike this guy, with a passion, I f with his verse on Hustle Hard Remix..

Even though I dislike this guy, with a passion, I f with his verse on Hustle Hard Remix..

Back
Top Bottom