Official Weezy Thread Vol. "Sorry 4 The Wait" - 7/13. Carter 4 - 8/29.

Here's the lyrics to some Carter 4 Bonus track floating around:

Fiery Balconies - Lil Wayne feat. Jay-Z

Jay-Z:

Turn the muthafuccin music up

Yeahhh

Yeaaaahhh!

I got these %++!+% Weezy!

Heheheheheheheheheheh....

You might cop a watch like mine, homie, but this a different BEZel
We both floatin on our yachts homie, but this a different VESssssel
The one ya boy ridin on is a little bit more SPESH-ull
Cos we both be gettin dough, but homie, Hov makes bigger PRETZels

OH.....We aint count-in the same DEC-i-mals
Listen, my %!!#%, we aint even speakin the same DEC-i-bels
Thought I told ya'll %++!+% that this rap @%@* was my *#@+@, fam
Plus I 'ready told ya'll, I'm not a HITman, I'm a HIT, maaaaaan

Pokerface'd the game n now I'm steady stackin CHIPS, man
Use ta FLIP grams, but then it EXpand-ed, @%@* man, look what I WITH-stand-ed
Damn....Tell me WHO in HIStory did it like THIS man
The Beatles before they DISbanded, maybe MJ, maybe PRINCE man

Even Elvis had to BOW DOWN, when his CROWN BOUNCED, look what they FOUND OUT
That boy Young ain't the one you COUNT OUT, let's see THAT from a lil %!!#% DOWN SOUTH
%++!+% talkin breezy n run outta breath n get weezy
Thinkin those messages is for themmm jus because they been gettin cc'ed

You wanna BATTLE dog? $$!$ that, lets compare catalogs...
compare bank accounts, compare travel logs, compare passports, n THEN have a talk
%++!+% think they got bite, jus cos they have a bark
Cos the %++!+% who ain't got cars will tell you they rather walk...Haa!

Yall %++!+% is avatars....to be honest, I aint even mad at ch'all
You pour ya cup n mafuccas jus rather grab a straw.....
They like fiends, the way they rock back n forth
like that's a cure...HUH

%++!+% can't act mature.....
N everybody think they TU-pack Shakurs
%++!+% brave after two packs a Coors, Two packs? OF COURSE
Triple entendre you bastards off

Soon as our mafuccin paths have crossed,
Who you tryna renegade? You just a Asher Roth
Never pushed out the game due to lack a force
Plus my %!!#% Wayne jus adds support....HUH

Lil Wayne:

Helluh errybuddy it's that nigguhYoung Tunechi
Lookit all these nigguhs tryna eat off of muh fruit tree
I read a pussay +%@ muhfucca like a book
Bwoy I POP a pussay nigguh...kick his +%@ like uh foot...hyeeaah

Nigguh so paid you should call meh Mr Paid
Old nigguhs so sour we should call um lemonade
*#@+@ I got yachts like a muthfuccin dock
Tunechi spit so haaawrd they should jus call mehhh Raaawck

I pop a pussay nigguh, POP UM POP UM like balloons
Damn I sweep a muhfucca off his feet, brooms
Bout to blow @%@* up once again nigguh, boom
You nigguhs is dead to meh like dead people, tombs

*#@+@ I go so hard they should call a nigguh Hardy
N yall muthafuccas want some beef wit Tune, Arbys
So many $%*%++% in the ruoohm bwoy, bacardi
Tunechi is tha tunafish...yall nigguhs is sawrdeens...hyeeack

Bwoy Im goin in, you should call meh dildo
Get yuh +%@ kicked, you should call yuhself field goal
Weezy rock so much ice, you should call meh real cold
Got so many rings they should call me Bilbo....hyeahhh

...Get yuh +%@ laid down like floor tile
Drizzy got dem sweaters, you should call him young orrhgyle
Nigguh so hot yuh should call me Atlantuhh
N *#@+@, real B's move in silence like buhnanas

Nigguh um paid, yuh should call meh Darth Paider
Showed muh nigguh Drizzy how to handle light sabers
Muhfucca um jus livin life fast forwardin
Goin so fast, yuh should call me Flash Gawrdin

Weezy F Baby from the city of New Awrlins
Nigguhs get scared when they hear muh pants roarrrin
Shoutout my nigguhs Gudda, Mack Maine n Aurrrbry
Young Money bwoy, $$!$ errybody....orgy.

Here's the lyrics to some Carter 4 Bonus track floating around:

Fiery Balconies - Lil Wayne feat. Jay-Z

Jay-Z:

Turn the muthafuccin music up

Yeahhh

Yeaaaahhh!

I got these %++!+% Weezy!

Heheheheheheheheheheh....

You might cop a watch like mine, homie, but this a different BEZel
We both floatin on our yachts homie, but this a different VESssssel
The one ya boy ridin on is a little bit more SPESH-ull
Cos we both be gettin dough, but homie, Hov makes bigger PRETZels

OH.....We aint count-in the same DEC-i-mals
Listen, my %!!#%, we aint even speakin the same DEC-i-bels
Thought I told ya'll %++!+% that this rap @%@* was my *#@+@, fam
Plus I 'ready told ya'll, I'm not a HITman, I'm a HIT, maaaaaan

Pokerface'd the game n now I'm steady stackin CHIPS, man
Use ta FLIP grams, but then it EXpand-ed, @%@* man, look what I WITH-stand-ed
Damn....Tell me WHO in HIStory did it like THIS man
The Beatles before they DISbanded, maybe MJ, maybe PRINCE man

Even Elvis had to BOW DOWN, when his CROWN BOUNCED, look what they FOUND OUT
That boy Young ain't the one you COUNT OUT, let's see THAT from a lil %!!#% DOWN SOUTH
%++!+% talkin breezy n run outta breath n get weezy
Thinkin those messages is for themmm jus because they been gettin cc'ed

You wanna BATTLE dog? $$!$ that, lets compare catalogs...
compare bank accounts, compare travel logs, compare passports, n THEN have a talk
%++!+% think they got bite, jus cos they have a bark
Cos the %++!+% who ain't got cars will tell you they rather walk...Haa!

Yall %++!+% is avatars....to be honest, I aint even mad at ch'all
You pour ya cup n mafuccas jus rather grab a straw.....
They like fiends, the way they rock back n forth
like that's a cure...HUH

%++!+% can't act mature.....
N everybody think they TU-pack Shakurs
%++!+% brave after two packs a Coors, Two packs? OF COURSE
Triple entendre you bastards off

Soon as our mafuccin paths have crossed,
Who you tryna renegade? You just a Asher Roth
Never pushed out the game due to lack a force
Plus my %!!#% Wayne jus adds support....HUH

Lil Wayne:

Helluh errybuddy it's that nigguhYoung Tunechi
Lookit all these nigguhs tryna eat off of muh fruit tree
I read a pussay +%@ muhfucca like a book
Bwoy I POP a pussay nigguh...kick his +%@ like uh foot...hyeeaah

Nigguh so paid you should call meh Mr Paid
Old nigguhs so sour we should call um lemonade
*#@+@ I got yachts like a muthfuccin dock
Tunechi spit so haaawrd they should jus call mehhh Raaawck

I pop a pussay nigguh, POP UM POP UM like balloons
Damn I sweep a muhfucca off his feet, brooms
Bout to blow @%@* up once again nigguh, boom
You nigguhs is dead to meh like dead people, tombs

*#@+@ I go so hard they should call a nigguh Hardy
N yall muthafuccas want some beef wit Tune, Arbys
So many $%*%++% in the ruoohm bwoy, bacardi
Tunechi is tha tunafish...yall nigguhs is sawrdeens...hyeeack

Bwoy Im goin in, you should call meh dildo
Get yuh +%@ kicked, you should call yuhself field goal
Weezy rock so much ice, you should call meh real cold
Got so many rings they should call me Bilbo....hyeahhh

...Get yuh +%@ laid down like floor tile
Drizzy got dem sweaters, you should call him young orrhgyle
Nigguh so hot yuh should call me Atlantuhh
N *#@+@, real B's move in silence like buhnanas

Nigguh um paid, yuh should call meh Darth Paider
Showed muh nigguh Drizzy how to handle light sabers
Muhfucca um jus livin life fast forwardin
Goin so fast, yuh should call me Flash Gawrdin

Weezy F Baby from the city of New Awrlins
Nigguhs get scared when they hear muh pants roarrrin
Shoutout my nigguhs Gudda, Mack Maine n Aurrrbry
Young Money bwoy, $$!$ errybody....orgy.

That's the Wayne I like 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Sep 7 2011 11:16 AM EDT 5,839
[h1]Lil Wayne's Carter IV Tops Billboard With Nearly A Million Sold[/h1][h2]Hyped album moved 964,000 copies in its first week.[/h2]
By Gil Kaufman

Text Size Decrease Increase

Lil Wayne was thisclose to making history as the first rap act to open with back-to-back million-selling albums. Thanks to record-setting iTunes sales of 300,000, plus the push provided by a post-VMA on-sale stunt, Weezy's eagerly anticipated Tha Carter IV will debut at #1 on the Billboard 200 chart next week on sales of 964,000, according to figures provided by Nielsen SoundScan.

bttn_play-big.png
mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:688112
bttn_play.gif

That's more than enough to win out over funky veterans the Red Hot Chili Peppers, who land at #2 with I'm With You thanks to sales of 229,000. That figure is less than half as much as the band's previous release, the double album Stadium Arcadium, which moved 443,000 copies in its first week on the charts in 2006.

Dance master David Guetta has a solid debut with his star-packed Nothing but the Beat, which lands at #5 (56,000), just barely edging out country singer Jake Owen's Barefoot Blue Jean Night (55,000).

A number of other artists got a VMA bump, including Adele, whose 21 is up 88 percent to 154,000 (putting her just shy of 3.3 million to date) and Beyoncé's 4, which climbs five spots to #7 as sales rose by 87 percent to 39,000. Perhaps the biggest boost, though, belonged to VMA performers Young the Giant, whose self-titled debut was up 189 percent to 10,000, jumping 88 spots to #42.

The rest of the top 10: Jay-Z and Kanye West, Watch the Throne (#4, 80,000); Game, The R.E.D. Album (#8, 39,000); Barbra Streisand, What Matters Most: Barbra Streisand Sings the Lyrics of Alan and Marilyn Bergman (#9, 37,000) and NOW 39 (#10, 36,000).

Classic rocker Lenny Kravitz sneaks into the top 20 with his latest, Black and White America, which debuts at #18 (19,000), while country icon Glen Campbell's final album, Ghost on the Canvas, hits #24 (14,000) and Jill Scott hits #28 with The Original Jill Scott: From the Vault, Vol. 1 (13,000).

A few other acts got some VMA boost as well, including Chris Brown, whose F.A.M.E. is up 43 percent and eight spots to #44 (10,000) and Best New Artist winner Tyler, the Creator's Goblin, which surges 54 spots to #48 (10,000). Pre-show performers Cobra Starship debut at #50 with Night Shades (9,000). Not only does Lil Wayne top the charts, but his previous album, Tha Carter III, is up 79 percent to #72 on sales of 7,000.

Wayne, of course, tops the iTunes albums chart, followed by the Chili Peppers, Adele, Guetta, Jay and Kanye, a remastered version of the Beatles' 1, Owen, Foster the People's self-titled debut, the Pistol Annies' Hell on Heels and Mumford & Sons' Sigh No More.

The iTunes singles chart still belongs to Adele, who takes the week with her new single, "Someone Like You," beating out Foster the People's breakthrough "Pumped Up Kicks." In at #3 is "Moves Like Jagger" by Maroon 5, then Lady Gaga's "You and I," Cobra Starship's "You Make Me Feel," Lil Wayne's "Mirror," Rihanna's "Cheers (Drink to That)," Gym Class Heroes' "Stereo Hearts," LMFAO's "Party Rock Anthem" and Beyoncé's "Love on Top."

With few major releases due this week, look for Wayne to keep the crown for another round. 

Sep 7 2011 11:16 AM EDT 5,839
[h1]Lil Wayne's Carter IV Tops Billboard With Nearly A Million Sold[/h1][h2]Hyped album moved 964,000 copies in its first week.[/h2]
By Gil Kaufman

Lil Wayne was thisclose to making history as the first rap act to open with back-to-back million-selling albums. Thanks to record-setting iTunes sales of 300,000, plus the push provided by a post-VMA on-sale stunt, Weezy's eagerly anticipated Tha Carter IV will debut at #1 on the Billboard 200 chart next week on sales of 964,000, according to figures provided by Nielsen SoundScan.

bttn_play-big.png
mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:688112
bttn_play.gif

That's more than enough to win out over funky veterans the Red Hot Chili Peppers, who land at #2 with I'm With You thanks to sales of 229,000. That figure is less than half as much as the band's previous release, the double album Stadium Arcadium, which moved 443,000 copies in its first week on the charts in 2006.

Dance master David Guetta has a solid debut with his star-packed Nothing but the Beat, which lands at #5 (56,000), just barely edging out country singer Jake Owen's Barefoot Blue Jean Night (55,000).

A number of other artists got a VMA bump, including Adele, whose 21 is up 88 percent to 154,000 (putting her just shy of 3.3 million to date) and Beyoncé's 4, which climbs five spots to #7 as sales rose by 87 percent to 39,000. Perhaps the biggest boost, though, belonged to VMA performers Young the Giant, whose self-titled debut was up 189 percent to 10,000, jumping 88 spots to #42.

The rest of the top 10: Jay-Z and Kanye West, Watch the Throne (#4, 80,000); Game, The R.E.D. Album (#8, 39,000); Barbra Streisand, What Matters Most: Barbra Streisand Sings the Lyrics of Alan and Marilyn Bergman (#9, 37,000) and NOW 39 (#10, 36,000).

Classic rocker Lenny Kravitz sneaks into the top 20 with his latest, Black and White America, which debuts at #18 (19,000), while country icon Glen Campbell's final album, Ghost on the Canvas, hits #24 (14,000) and Jill Scott hits #28 with The Original Jill Scott: From the Vault, Vol. 1 (13,000).

A few other acts got some VMA boost as well, including Chris Brown, whose F.A.M.E. is up 43 percent and eight spots to #44 (10,000) and Best New Artist winner Tyler, the Creator's Goblin, which surges 54 spots to #48 (10,000). Pre-show performers Cobra Starship debut at #50 with Night Shades (9,000). Not only does Lil Wayne top the charts, but his previous album, Tha Carter III, is up 79 percent to #72 on sales of 7,000.

Wayne, of course, tops the iTunes albums chart, followed by the Chili Peppers, Adele, Guetta, Jay and Kanye, a remastered version of the Beatles' 1, Owen, Foster the People's self-titled debut, the Pistol Annies' Hell on Heels and Mumford & Sons' Sigh No More.

The iTunes singles chart still belongs to Adele, who takes the week with her new single, "Someone Like You," beating out Foster the People's breakthrough "Pumped Up Kicks." In at #3 is "Moves Like Jagger" by Maroon 5, then Lady Gaga's "You and I," Cobra Starship's "You Make Me Feel," Lil Wayne's "Mirror," Rihanna's "Cheers (Drink to That)," Gym Class Heroes' "Stereo Hearts," LMFAO's "Party Rock Anthem" and Beyoncé's "Love on Top."

With few major releases due this week, look for Wayne to keep the crown for another round. 

Originally Posted by iHust1e

Originally Posted by Iamjusayn

Originally Posted by Peep Game

They all sound forced and contrived. And #3 seems to be only the majority of YM stuff, like it's a favorite of theirs or something.

I disagree. All of em sound cool to me. Like i said...how many of his listeners even get #7? Dude be sayin some hella random stuff n half the time be funny he even said it. 
"Hold on for dear life...En Vogue ninja...tool on deck...Home Depot ninja!" 
laugh.gif
 I fools wit Wayne

Fam we have all seen the Cosby show. Aint nothing clever about it

I did do a quick 
grin.gif
 into a
30t6p3b.gif
tho
Not everyone either has seen "Bud" when he was on the Cosby show and/or not even old enough to remember him or the show 
laugh.gif
, knock it off. We are talking about a dude whose fan base prob is largest among gen y's...

Originally Posted by LA KB24

im really feeling So Special with John Legend. 
pimp.gif

i never listen to Legend but he has a good voice lol 

good album Weezy
Song bangs! When that beat drops in a nice sound system 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by iHust1e

Originally Posted by Iamjusayn

Originally Posted by Peep Game

They all sound forced and contrived. And #3 seems to be only the majority of YM stuff, like it's a favorite of theirs or something.

I disagree. All of em sound cool to me. Like i said...how many of his listeners even get #7? Dude be sayin some hella random stuff n half the time be funny he even said it. 
"Hold on for dear life...En Vogue ninja...tool on deck...Home Depot ninja!" 
laugh.gif
 I fools wit Wayne

Fam we have all seen the Cosby show. Aint nothing clever about it

I did do a quick 
grin.gif
 into a
30t6p3b.gif
tho
Not everyone either has seen "Bud" when he was on the Cosby show and/or not even old enough to remember him or the show 
laugh.gif
, knock it off. We are talking about a dude whose fan base prob is largest among gen y's...

Originally Posted by LA KB24

im really feeling So Special with John Legend. 
pimp.gif

i never listen to Legend but he has a good voice lol 

good album Weezy
Song bangs! When that beat drops in a nice sound system 
pimp.gif

Sep 7 2011 11:44 PM EDT 1,319
[h1]Kendrick Lamar, Jay Rock Marvel At Carter IV Sales[/h1][h2]'That was a cold marketing strategy,' Compton MC K.Dot says of Lil Wayne's VMA album push on 'RapFix Live.'[/h2]
By Rob Markman, with reporting by Sway Calloway (@realsway)

Everyone is talking about Lil Wayne and his super successful first-week sales of Tha Carter IV.

bttn_play-big.png
mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:687805
bttn_play.gif

On Wednesday (September 7), after news officially broke that Weezy had sold 964,000 copies of C4, — more than 300,000 of which were purchased digitally through iTunes — Kendrick Lamar, Jay Rock and Freddie Gibbs sat on the "RapFix Live" couch and touched on Tunechi's win in the face of illegal online downloading.

"I think it's a great thing. First and foremost, the Internet — I have no negative [or] bad words about the Internet," Kendrick said. "When I was distributing my music locally in Compton, Gardena, Watts, I was stuck right there, I couldn't get the word to spread," he recalled of his California-area 'hoods.

Now, the young spitter is known worldwide — on the Web and beyond.

Although C4 leaked several days before it hit retail outlets on August 29, it didn't seem to affect the first-week tally too much. And this past summer, both Game and the Throne, like Wayne, debuted at #1 on the Billboard albums chart. So while some still moan and groan, blaming the Net for the music industry's overall sales slump, Kendrick points to Wayne, Game, Jay-Z and Kanye West as shining examples."It shows that people still support music and wanna go out there and buy, especially if it's good music," he said.

Birdman says Cash Money didn't purchase any copies of Carter IV

Jay Rock was equally impressed, especially considering that Wayne had to reestablish himself after serving an eight-month prison term in 2010.

"When the big homey told me Wayne sold a million records, I was like, 'Wow, that is big for him coming out of jail and everything; that's a good look,' " Rock said.

K. Dot noted the marketing strategy that had Wayne closing out the 2011 Video Music Awards, and then releasing his album digitally on iTunes right afterward. "That was a cold marketing strategy," he smiled

Sep 7 2011 11:44 PM EDT 1,319
[h1]Kendrick Lamar, Jay Rock Marvel At Carter IV Sales[/h1][h2]'That was a cold marketing strategy,' Compton MC K.Dot says of Lil Wayne's VMA album push on 'RapFix Live.'[/h2]
By Rob Markman, with reporting by Sway Calloway (@realsway)

Everyone is talking about Lil Wayne and his super successful first-week sales of Tha Carter IV.

bttn_play-big.png
mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:687805
bttn_play.gif

On Wednesday (September 7), after news officially broke that Weezy had sold 964,000 copies of C4, — more than 300,000 of which were purchased digitally through iTunes — Kendrick Lamar, Jay Rock and Freddie Gibbs sat on the "RapFix Live" couch and touched on Tunechi's win in the face of illegal online downloading.

"I think it's a great thing. First and foremost, the Internet — I have no negative [or] bad words about the Internet," Kendrick said. "When I was distributing my music locally in Compton, Gardena, Watts, I was stuck right there, I couldn't get the word to spread," he recalled of his California-area 'hoods.

Now, the young spitter is known worldwide — on the Web and beyond.

Although C4 leaked several days before it hit retail outlets on August 29, it didn't seem to affect the first-week tally too much. And this past summer, both Game and the Throne, like Wayne, debuted at #1 on the Billboard albums chart. So while some still moan and groan, blaming the Net for the music industry's overall sales slump, Kendrick points to Wayne, Game, Jay-Z and Kanye West as shining examples."It shows that people still support music and wanna go out there and buy, especially if it's good music," he said.

Birdman says Cash Money didn't purchase any copies of Carter IV

Jay Rock was equally impressed, especially considering that Wayne had to reestablish himself after serving an eight-month prison term in 2010.

"When the big homey told me Wayne sold a million records, I was like, 'Wow, that is big for him coming out of jail and everything; that's a good look,' " Rock said.

K. Dot noted the marketing strategy that had Wayne closing out the 2011 Video Music Awards, and then releasing his album digitally on iTunes right afterward. "That was a cold marketing strategy," he smiled

[h1]Lil Wayne Scores 11 Simultaneous Singles on Hot 100[/h1] September 08, 2011 [h2]By Gary Trust, N.Y. and Keith Caulfield (@keith_caulfield), L.A.[/h2] The Billboard Hot 100:

As previously reported, Adele's "Someone Like You" roars 19-1 on the Billboard Hot 100, claiming dual Greatest Gainer/Digital and Airplay honors following her acclaimed performance on the MTV Video Music Awards Aug. 28. Still, other notable gainers -- including others benefitting from VMA appearances -- highlight this week's chart:

-- Lil Wayne: A hefty eight titles debut on the Hot 100 from Lil Wayne's album "Tha Carter IV," which, as previously reported, rockets onto the Billboard 200 at No. 1 with 964,000 copies sold, according to Nielsen SoundScan. "Mirror," featuring Bruno Mars, leads the way at No. 16, entering Hot Digital Songs at No. 6 with 149,000 downloads sold.

As three of his titles previously on the Hot 100 join his eight newcomers, Weezy places 11 songs total on this week's chart, tying David Cook and Taylor Swift for the most simultaneously-charting songs by a soloist in the list's 53-year history. Only the Beatles have held more concurrent positions, having placed 14 songs on the April 11, 1964, Hot 100 (as well as 12 each the frames before and after).

-- Beyonce:  The VMAs further reveal their influence in the form of Hot 100 debuts, including Beyonce, whose "Love on Top" begins at No. 20. The song opens at No. 10 on Hot Digital Songs with sales of 113,000, marking the first Hot Digital Songs top 10 from her album "4." Beyonce performed the song on the VMAs and then unsnapped her jacket and rubbed her belly, a move that served to announce her pregnancy. The No. 20 Hot 100 launch of "Love" is Beyonce's second-highest among her 29 solo career entries; only "Ring the Alarm" began at a higher rung (No. 12, 2006).

-- Lady Antebellum: Another week, another track from the trio's "Own the Night" album, due Tuesday (Sept. 13), as "Dancin' Away With My Heart" starts at No. 50. The preview song arrives at No. 26 on Hot Digital Songs and No. 3 on Country Digital Songs with 57,000 downloads. The set's first two radio singles remain on the Hot 100: "Just a Kiss" (No. 27, after reaching No. 7; and up 16-13 on Adult Contemporary and 27-25 on Adult Top 40 as it crosses over from country radio) and "We Owned the Night," which drops 86-96 as sales decrease (12,000, down 29%), although the track dashes 27-21 as the Greatest Gainer on airplay-based Hot Country Songs.

-- Young the Giant: The Irvine, Calif., additionally parlays a VMA performance into a Hot 100 arrival, as "My Body" starts at No. 65 (42,000 downloads, up 220%). The track reached No. 5 on Alternative in April. The band's follow-up, "Cough Syrup," rises 20-17 on Alternative.

[h1]Lil Wayne Scores 11 Simultaneous Singles on Hot 100[/h1] September 08, 2011 [h2]By Gary Trust, N.Y. and Keith Caulfield (@keith_caulfield), L.A.[/h2] The Billboard Hot 100:

As previously reported, Adele's "Someone Like You" roars 19-1 on the Billboard Hot 100, claiming dual Greatest Gainer/Digital and Airplay honors following her acclaimed performance on the MTV Video Music Awards Aug. 28. Still, other notable gainers -- including others benefitting from VMA appearances -- highlight this week's chart:

-- Lil Wayne: A hefty eight titles debut on the Hot 100 from Lil Wayne's album "Tha Carter IV," which, as previously reported, rockets onto the Billboard 200 at No. 1 with 964,000 copies sold, according to Nielsen SoundScan. "Mirror," featuring Bruno Mars, leads the way at No. 16, entering Hot Digital Songs at No. 6 with 149,000 downloads sold.

As three of his titles previously on the Hot 100 join his eight newcomers, Weezy places 11 songs total on this week's chart, tying David Cook and Taylor Swift for the most simultaneously-charting songs by a soloist in the list's 53-year history. Only the Beatles have held more concurrent positions, having placed 14 songs on the April 11, 1964, Hot 100 (as well as 12 each the frames before and after).

-- Beyonce:  The VMAs further reveal their influence in the form of Hot 100 debuts, including Beyonce, whose "Love on Top" begins at No. 20. The song opens at No. 10 on Hot Digital Songs with sales of 113,000, marking the first Hot Digital Songs top 10 from her album "4." Beyonce performed the song on the VMAs and then unsnapped her jacket and rubbed her belly, a move that served to announce her pregnancy. The No. 20 Hot 100 launch of "Love" is Beyonce's second-highest among her 29 solo career entries; only "Ring the Alarm" began at a higher rung (No. 12, 2006).

-- Lady Antebellum: Another week, another track from the trio's "Own the Night" album, due Tuesday (Sept. 13), as "Dancin' Away With My Heart" starts at No. 50. The preview song arrives at No. 26 on Hot Digital Songs and No. 3 on Country Digital Songs with 57,000 downloads. The set's first two radio singles remain on the Hot 100: "Just a Kiss" (No. 27, after reaching No. 7; and up 16-13 on Adult Contemporary and 27-25 on Adult Top 40 as it crosses over from country radio) and "We Owned the Night," which drops 86-96 as sales decrease (12,000, down 29%), although the track dashes 27-21 as the Greatest Gainer on airplay-based Hot Country Songs.

-- Young the Giant: The Irvine, Calif., additionally parlays a VMA performance into a Hot 100 arrival, as "My Body" starts at No. 65 (42,000 downloads, up 220%). The track reached No. 5 on Alternative in April. The band's follow-up, "Cough Syrup," rises 20-17 on Alternative.

Back
Top Bottom