Official Weezy Thread Vol. "Sorry 4 The Wait" - 7/13. Carter 4 - 8/29.

Album is solid.. equal to or better than C3 in all honesty.
How to Love and How to Hate are !%%#%%%+ though, Mirrors should be on the nondeluxe copy.
Two Shots and I Like The View are mad dope.
Abortion he should have at least let my mans Travie get a verse or something.
So Special is the sleeper hit of this album..
Drake sounds like he wrote that verse soon as Wayne got out with his groupie +%+.
Im waiting for somebody to combine the intro, interlude, and outro into one track.. hardest record on the album. 3stacks
pimp.gif
Nas
pimp.gif
Tech9
pimp.gif

John is arguably the weakest record on here, even though Ross did get off on it..
This is basically a mixtape though, no real connections between the songs, he's just spitting on them..
whatever he does for his next $%!$ he needs to find his inner carter1ness. dude still has it.. but working with a bunch of bums excluding drake and tyga makes him not what to expose them for that sorry $%!$ they spit.. to many yes mans, not enough you need to refocus and craft your $%!$, waynes head got to big when he was able to release Rebirth and go gold with it.. the fans and the label have him thinking anything is selling long as his name is on it.
I give it a 7-8 out of 10. Serves its purpose.. sounds great in the whip. 

Album is solid.. equal to or better than C3 in all honesty.
How to Love and How to Hate are !%%#%%%+ though, Mirrors should be on the nondeluxe copy.
Two Shots and I Like The View are mad dope.
Abortion he should have at least let my mans Travie get a verse or something.
So Special is the sleeper hit of this album..
Drake sounds like he wrote that verse soon as Wayne got out with his groupie +%+.
Im waiting for somebody to combine the intro, interlude, and outro into one track.. hardest record on the album. 3stacks
pimp.gif
Nas
pimp.gif
Tech9
pimp.gif

John is arguably the weakest record on here, even though Ross did get off on it..
This is basically a mixtape though, no real connections between the songs, he's just spitting on them..
whatever he does for his next $%!$ he needs to find his inner carter1ness. dude still has it.. but working with a bunch of bums excluding drake and tyga makes him not what to expose them for that sorry $%!$ they spit.. to many yes mans, not enough you need to refocus and craft your $%!$, waynes head got to big when he was able to release Rebirth and go gold with it.. the fans and the label have him thinking anything is selling long as his name is on it.
I give it a 7-8 out of 10. Serves its purpose.. sounds great in the whip. 

I was jammin that Outro...until the Shyne verse...F
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
'n awful
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
. Did his voice literally die when he was in jail?

I was jammin that Outro...until the Shyne verse...F
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
'n awful
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
. Did his voice literally die when he was in jail?

Originally Posted by franchise3

I agree that C4 is on par, or even better than C3. I haven't decided yet, but definitely on par.

yeah this is how I feel. The cd is an enjoyable listen when u wanna pregame, have ppl around, ride round the city.
Ppl saying Wayne been rapping like this and that and ppl are just now recognizing it are totally wrong if you ask me.

He has never really said anything of substance or been coherent. But his clever lines back in the day were actually clever and comedic and dude had flow.

Now his attempts at being clever are so horrible and misguided that its just sad.

In the past he pretty much had things on lock with the flow and delivery mixed in with some witty lines. Now its nothing left at all but pseudo clever punchlines that only white ppl and lil kids can enjoy in heavy doses.

Originally Posted by franchise3

I agree that C4 is on par, or even better than C3. I haven't decided yet, but definitely on par.

yeah this is how I feel. The cd is an enjoyable listen when u wanna pregame, have ppl around, ride round the city.
Ppl saying Wayne been rapping like this and that and ppl are just now recognizing it are totally wrong if you ask me.

He has never really said anything of substance or been coherent. But his clever lines back in the day were actually clever and comedic and dude had flow.

Now his attempts at being clever are so horrible and misguided that its just sad.

In the past he pretty much had things on lock with the flow and delivery mixed in with some witty lines. Now its nothing left at all but pseudo clever punchlines that only white ppl and lil kids can enjoy in heavy doses.

Production is very solid, no doubt.

As for now, C3 > C4.

Don't get me wrong, C4 has some nice tracks. But C3 seemed to have a better flow (more cohesive) FOR ME.

I think mainly b/c I skip all the tracks that radio/clubs have already played to death: How To Love, 6 Foot, 7 Foot, and John. So after every 3 or 4 songs, I'm pressing "skip". I wish artists would put previously released tracks at the end of their disc. I'd prefer if those 3 songs were "bonus" tracks. No biggie though...

Anyway, I'm feeling:

- Intro/Interlude/Outro - A fully connected version (minus Shyne...
laugh.gif
) would have been a great final track. This a beat that Luda would've DESTROYED.
- Blunt Blowin - Should have been the official opening track for the album. Joint is tough.
- Megaman - Bass drops, head nods. Fire.
- Nightmares of the Bottom - = I'm Single. But it's a solid track. No skip here.
- She Will - Dudes really aren't feeling this? Joint is flames. Only complaint is that the chorus is kind of long. Drake might as well have spit a verse.
- How To Hate - For jokes, I wish it was back/back w/How To Love.
laugh.gif
But this is a cool track. Intro is a tad long though (1:38). Easy single for radio appeal.
- Abortion - Can't lie, I skip this more often than I listen to it.
- So Special - Cool track. Nothing "special" imo.
- President Carter - One of my favorite tracks on the album. Knocks in the whip.
- It's Good - Fire. Surprisingly, Drake didn't stand-out imo. "Faded... faded... I'm !@+*##% faded". Wayne w/the Shenaynay reference cracked me up.
- Bonus tracks... Not seeing what everyone else is seeing in Mirror (pardon the pun). Cool track. But to perform at VMA's?? No offense, but nah loc. I Like The View is my favorite of the 3 bonus cuts. But these are perfect "bonus" songs. Cuz I wouldn't be mad if I bought the standard album and didn't get these 3 tracks.

Solid effort by Weezy. Not sure where all the hate is coming from.

Production is very solid, no doubt.

As for now, C3 > C4.

Don't get me wrong, C4 has some nice tracks. But C3 seemed to have a better flow (more cohesive) FOR ME.

I think mainly b/c I skip all the tracks that radio/clubs have already played to death: How To Love, 6 Foot, 7 Foot, and John. So after every 3 or 4 songs, I'm pressing "skip". I wish artists would put previously released tracks at the end of their disc. I'd prefer if those 3 songs were "bonus" tracks. No biggie though...

Anyway, I'm feeling:

- Intro/Interlude/Outro - A fully connected version (minus Shyne...
laugh.gif
) would have been a great final track. This a beat that Luda would've DESTROYED.
- Blunt Blowin - Should have been the official opening track for the album. Joint is tough.
- Megaman - Bass drops, head nods. Fire.
- Nightmares of the Bottom - = I'm Single. But it's a solid track. No skip here.
- She Will - Dudes really aren't feeling this? Joint is flames. Only complaint is that the chorus is kind of long. Drake might as well have spit a verse.
- How To Hate - For jokes, I wish it was back/back w/How To Love.
laugh.gif
But this is a cool track. Intro is a tad long though (1:38). Easy single for radio appeal.
- Abortion - Can't lie, I skip this more often than I listen to it.
- So Special - Cool track. Nothing "special" imo.
- President Carter - One of my favorite tracks on the album. Knocks in the whip.
- It's Good - Fire. Surprisingly, Drake didn't stand-out imo. "Faded... faded... I'm !@+*##% faded". Wayne w/the Shenaynay reference cracked me up.
- Bonus tracks... Not seeing what everyone else is seeing in Mirror (pardon the pun). Cool track. But to perform at VMA's?? No offense, but nah loc. I Like The View is my favorite of the 3 bonus cuts. But these are perfect "bonus" songs. Cuz I wouldn't be mad if I bought the standard album and didn't get these 3 tracks.

Solid effort by Weezy. Not sure where all the hate is coming from.

Back
Top Bottom