Official Western Conference Finals Game 5: 5/27 Denver Nuggets @ Los Angeles Lakers 6:00PM PST ESPN

roll.gif
at son getting mad at that last play
you are clueless man

Kobe wanted to shoot to beat the clock, JR was playing him tight so instead of getting his shot blocked, he pump faked

not a big deal, stop acting like a woman with these petty complaints

the Lakers were allowed to play the same type of defense that was played against them in last years finals and this year's playoffs. Before this game whenthey would try and play physical defense, they would constantly get called for fouls because their reputation was not that of a physical defensive team andwould not get the benefit of the doubt, even if it was solid defense. Tonight, they played solid defense, went straight up didn't initiate the contactthen blocked the shots.
George Karl has no room to complain.

Lakers won, Nuggets lost. Sorry, but the Refs always screw anyone, at anytime, in any arena.

That's all. Don't know why people are still bickering over nothing. Time to move on to Game 6.

lakers have the most talent in the L. if they use that talent everynight, they're unbeatable.

and JVG is right. if lamar plays well, the lakers almost always win.

Originally Posted by nyk buc

lakers have the most talent in the L. if they use that talent everynight, they're unbeatable.

and JVG is right. if lamar plays well, the lakers almost always win.

Your 100% correct, hopefully the good Lakers team shows up friday night/

It's kinda off topic, but this series kinda reminds me of the Celtics Pistons ECF from last season with the Lakers being the Celtics and the Nuggetsbeing the Pistons.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Yo lakersmets49ers, when the time is right do work on the game 6 thread.

pimp.gif

will do, i'm kinda skeptical though because i did the game 6 thread in the houston series and that didn't end well.

ill make the thread sometime tomorrow night though.

couldnt watch the game but im happy as hell right now. hahaha let's go lakers!!!!! gotta watch the replay now but heard Odom played in beast mode.

Very frustrating to watch tonight.

I honestly believe that the game was lost within the last 3-4 minutes of the 3rd quarter by the Nuggets. Billups looked out of it, frazzled, scared, howeveryou want to put it... he threw a couple of stupid jump-passes almost directly to the Lakers after dribbling down the clock. Very uncharacteristic of him. Cameout of a timeout after that and hit a pull-up 3, but the momentum had already changed.

The 4th quarter was just brutal. When the Lakers went up by 6 with about 10 minutes to go, I said it was over. The Nuggets just looked terrible; couldn'tget any stops and couldn't score... and then they'd finally get a stop and they still couldn't score! At one point Breen said they were 3-21?Damn...

Hopefully the can re-group for Game 6 and use the home-court to their advantage.

Time for the Nuggets to man up, it's win or go home!

Originally Posted by LVJordan238

Originally Posted by SC415

It Denver would of played like they did in the 1st half they would of won!!!

And IF the Lakers played the whole game like the 4th it would have been a blowout. See what I did there?

BTW We're 1 game away in both series from Morrison vs. Redick
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

Wooooo!!!

Lakers got this series chip on lock....

Cavs fans, better luck next year century millenium.

Magic fans? Ya'll had a good run. Don't even turn on the TV for these Finals. Can you say, SWEEP?

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

Wooooo!!!

Lakers got this series chip on lock....

Cavs fans, better luck next year century millenium.

Magic fans? Ya'll had a good run. Don't even turn on the TV for these Finals. Can you say, SWEEP?

Pass that
pimp.gif

--Lamar doo-doo'd on Birdman. Nice.
pimp.gif

--I was at Islands watching and me and this dude at the bar who was going for the Nuggets were bantering all night. In a friendly manner.
--But dude slid out of there when there was about 1:30 left i the game. Nice ad quiet. Didnt say A WORD. Nice.
roll.gif

roll.gif
bangtcg wrote:

Originally Posted by 2wenty thre3

Originally Posted by bangtcg

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

ohwell.gif
@ kobe for doing that with the last possession . that was incredible ******ed for him to pump fake to draw a possible 4 point play when its the last possession of the game and you are up by 7

so should the Lakers take a turnover and let the shot clock expire?

or just throw it up in the air duh?

so because they're up 7, they should just take a turnover by throwing it up in the air?
you dont make sense, stop posting

if the shot clock was off, then yeah, the Lakers would just hold the ball and run out the game clock
but why should they take a turnover and shot clock violation?

nobody does that
first of, you are a lakers fan so i know it will be difficult for you to realize what kobe did was unsportsman like.

1. kobe had last possession.
2. kobe couldve done several other thigns that would've ended the game
3. he chose to pump fake to INTENTIONALLY draw a foul when he knew the game was going to end

that is dirty and guess what? nobody does that.
sit down man. what kobe did was stupid and unnecessary.
image.jpg
do you want me to eat salt? what does that mean?

if you have nothing to argue than please dont post internet memes expecting everybody to understand you.

roll.gif

--Why is everyone trippin over Kobe's pump fake with the game decided? The shot clock had 1 second on it. What? Get a shot clock violation in respect forthe other team? Jackin up a shot like that with more than 6 seconds left is different. If KB had made it though he would not have done that T-rex dance JRSmith did.
laugh.gif

--Salty?

Sweep, as in the Magic sweeping the season series agaisnt the Lakers?

indifferent.gif

^^ i think he was sayin Lakers sweep Orlando, which i dont think will happen if we move onto the finals....that should be a tough series too

Lakeshow
pimp.gif

It was a great game !!! I think it showed the true Lakers and hopefully Kobe can adjust by playing like a team basketball because in this game it showed almostall of the mismatches. Pau and Odom can literally drop 20 a game, if they both stay aggressive, focused and get the ball more. Hopefully, Phil draws up someoffensive plays where Kobe becomes the facilitator because we all know he can get his on any given time so him helping his team score will be very beneficialdown the stretch.

*+%$$ for those who are complaining about the refs, because the way I saw it, it was called on both ends of the floor. And we all know that Denver playsphysical so the ref just let some physical play slide but definitely on both sides. If the Lakers can keep up this type of play then it's done on Friday !

Some horse +%%$ calls and non calls both ways.

Overall, a good game though.

I haven't read through the thread, but has Chauncey received any criticism?
nerd.gif

Lamar Odom finally playing like he should.

Laker fans have faith in it happening 2 or 3 games in a row?

GK is an idiot for not having Melo on the floor in the beginning of the 4th when the Lake show made their run to blow the game open

Originally Posted by dreClark

GK is an idiot for not having Melo on the floor in the beginning of the 4th when the Lake show made their run to blow the game open
no doubt! that was +%%@%+%%.

Finish them tomorrow Lakers, I'd rather not see a Game 7 for the simple fact that anything can happen and we could use a week off before the Finals.

Back
Top Bottom