:::[Official]World Cup South Africa 2010 Thread:::

And Müller again !
pimp.gif

Great game so far, not on a high level but with a lots of speed and very entertaining.

Collection of the highest paid players on the planet being **$*$ smaked by a bunch of kids Der Kaiser was right
smh.gif

Originally Posted by engoi

Originally Posted by JPioneer

I don't like England but I reaaaallllyy hate Germany
smh.gif

Need a tissue ?
tongue.gif
Nah, Spain will take care of you
wink.gif

The hell I'm doing refreshing the page after posting and end up with all these posts
laugh.gif

time to retire the 'golden generation' and start fresh?
you can blame to tactics.. but terry, gerard, lampard have been terrible.

I don't like England but I reaaaallllyy hate Germany
smh.gif

Need a tissue ?
tongue.gif
Nah, Spain will take care of you
wink.gif

The hell I'm doing refreshing the page after posting and end up with all these posts
laugh.gif
C'mon, it's England and I'm excited.
I'm curious about the english tabloids tomorrow.
laugh.gif

I don't think we will win the cup, my bet is on Argentina,Brazil or Spain.

Originally Posted by GMA 11

time to retire the 'golden generation' and start fresh?
you can blame to tactics.. but terry, gerard, lampard have been terrible.
English press made him apologize, but at the end of the day der kaiser is still legend, and right, the players arent terrible - the system and coaching let them down, the whole english squad looks a full step behind their opponents, fabio should of anticipated this after most of his players had a long grueling conclusion to their premier league season.

well done germany. 
[h6]'Stupidly, the English have slipped
up a little by finishing second in their group.'There
is a good reason for that: the Premier League players have got to play
...far more games than their Bundesliga colleagues, including two national
cup competitions.'Therefore,
when it comes to a World Cup or a European Championships, they are
burnt out.'Our
players, on the other hand, seem to be in a physically better
condition. Of course we respect them, but we certainly don't fear them.
[/h6]
legend.

England got screwed out of an obvious goal, but the better team won. Even though you get screwed out of a goal, the game was still open for Germans. They could've at least tied it and even taken the lead in the second half. Instead, the Germans scored another 2 goals. The better team won, no doubt about that, and using the denied goal as an excuse won't change that.

The German preparation for games is just UNPARALLELED by any team in the world. Still can't forget last World Cup in the penalty shootout against Argentina when the German goalkeeper had a list that he looked at before every Argentinian player shot a penalty, and that list presumably had the penalty statistics for every Argentine player and the percentages of what side he usually shoots a penalty kick. The other day, I read that a scientific article about how a goalkeeper wearing a red shirt has never saved a penalty in a penalty shootout while a goalkeeper wearing a green shirt saved the most penalties. Take a look what jersey color the jersey of the German goalkeeper had today in case of a penalty shootout.. I am convinced that's not a coincidence. The Germans analyze the game to the slightest detail and do whatever it takes to increase the percentage of them winning, even if it's just by 1%. And that's why they do so well consistently.

I have to say that I really enjoyed that. The result couldn't have been any better.

I'm glad that Germany scored a couple more too. If they hadn't we'd be hearing about that missed goal for the rest of time.

Damn, that was pretty frustrating... to have a goal like that disallowed is pretty ridiculous... It wasn't even close either.
smh.gif

Yeah, Germany were the better team and deserved to win, but you play differently when you're down 1-2 as opposed to being tied at 2-2.  Hard to say if Germany would have scored 2 more had it been 2-2 at the half.  Oh well, no point in dwelling on "what might have been".  
ohwell.gif

England really needs to overhaul their backline, among other things...

Damn.

- I thought England would be eliminated at this stage, but not like this. I do somewhat agree that the disallowed goal makes a huge difference in the game, but the third and fourth goals were inexcusable. Those are goals you might give up in injury time if you're down a goal or two, not in the middle of the second half. Just embarrassing all around.

- David James really is a calamity. He didn't close down Klose on the first goal, didn't cut off the angle against Podolski in the second, and let in a shot hit straight at him on the first Mueller goal. There were no Robert Green type hiccups in the game, but it was a thoroughly terrible performance by James.

- Who remembers ESPN putting Wayne Rooney second on its list of the best players at the World Cup, ahead of Ronaldo, Kaka, Xavi, etc. ? And they put Gerrard in the top 10 ahead of a crapload of great players. It's amazing that people still overestimate England and English players like this.

- Germany Argentina will be
eek.gif
if it happens. We can only hope that Messi and Co. take care of business today and set up a sick quarterfinal match.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

- David James really is a calamity. He didn't close down Klose on the first goal, didn't cut off the angle against Podolski in the second, and let in a shot hit straight at him on the first Mueller goal. There were no Robert Green type hiccups in the game, but it was a thoroughly terrible performance by James.
Podolskis goal was great and I would not blame David James for that goal.
I didn't espected Podolski to score because of the ankle.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Podolskis goal was great and I would not blame David James for that goal.
I didn't espected Podolski to score because of the ankle.
Yeah, that was the goal that I hesitated to put on James, but still, there was no angle whatsoever and he had to know that Podolski would have go 5-hole. Maybe it wasn't an error on James's part, but other keepers would have closed off the entire angle I think. 

havent been here in a while...

Excuse my ignorance of german soccer, but has Ozil always played this well in the Bundesliga?

I really like how he plays, im going to keep a tab on him....

Originally Posted by JJGRT5

havent been here in a while...

Excuse my ignorance of german soccer, but has Ozil always played this well in the Bundesliga?

I really like how he plays, im going to keep a tab on him....

Not always, some Werder fans blamed his uncertain future for that.
At the beginning and at the end of season he played very good and when he still was with my beloved Schalke,
he showed his skills.Great player, but I think he is a little bit overhyped.
Some bad passes and not a killer in front of the goal, but nevertheless great player.
U21 world champion.
pimp.gif

I've always liked how Germany plays. As Xtapolapacetl said, their attention to detail is unreal.

Back
Top Bottom