:::[Official]World Cup South Africa 2010 Thread:::

Germany is playing extremely great soccer right now. I like Spain as the favorites but put it like this...Whoever cracks first on defense will lose.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Sorry pervs, I guess you'll have to do with the thousands of nude pics that already exist of that Paraguayan girl with the same mouth as the singer from Aerosmith. If someone still faps to Playboy-like pics/movies these days, that is.

[h2]"Si España pasa a la final, me desnudo."[/h2]
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TheGift23

Sorry pervs, I guess you'll have to do with the thousands of nude pics that already exist of that Paraguayan girl with the same mouth as the singer from Aerosmith. If someone still faps to Playboy-like pics/movies these days, that is.

[h2]"Si España pasa a la final, me desnudo."[/h2]
laugh.gif

Okay now she is just in it for the publicity, but still.......
pimp.gif

As the Argentine national team arrives at Ezeiza, the main airport in Buenos Aires, they are greeted by 20,000 fans cheering in support of the team at possibly one of the lowest points in the history of this national team. This is why I'm so proud to say that I'm Argentinian, because no matter what happens we never abandon our pride and our colors. While other losing teams such as Brazil and France may receive jeers and death threats, ours receives support to keep moving forward.

Here are some pictures.

afecto-Seleccion-eliminacion-cuartos-final_OLEIMA20100704_0077_13.jpg

Amor-Seleccion-Maradona-cabeza_OLEIMA20100704_0086_6.jpg

Maradona-saludaba-derecha-primer-asiento_OLEIMA20100704_0076_6.jpg

Amor-Seleccion-Maradona-cabeza_OLEIMA20100704_0087_6.jpg

Amor-Seleccion-Maradona-cabeza_OLEIMA20100704_0088_6.jpg

Amor-Seleccion-Maradona-cabeza_OLEIMA20100704_0089_6.jpg

Amor-Seleccion-Maradona-cabeza_OLEIMA20100704_0090_6.jpg

Amor-Seleccion-Maradona-cabeza_OLEIMA20100704_0091_6.jpg

Originally Posted by trey ohh five

that's pretty awesome........i imagine dunga is gonna receive a slightly different response back in brazil
laugh.gif

i wish argentina was still in it, not only for their exciting forwards but maradona alone makes their presence worthwhile. dude is hilarious.

Originally Posted by trey ohh five

As the Argentine national team arrives at Ezeiza, the main airport in Buenos Aires, they are greeted by 20,000 fans cheering in support of the team at possibly one of the lowest points in the history of this national team. This is why I'm so proud to say that I'm Argentinian, because no matter what happens we never abandon our pride and our colors. While other losing teams such as Brazil and France may receive jeers and death threats, ours receives support to keep moving forward.
I guess their is a huge difference between France and Argentina.

France 2 losses one draw and only one goal scored, leaving their group as last one.
Argentina won their group with three wins and reached the quarterfinals.

The french players acted like spoilt and overpaid a***********s and embarrased their country,
the argentinian players just disappointed their country.
I would really like to know, if Argentina blames Maradonna or the players for the defeat.

Originally Posted by engoi

I would really like to know, if Argentina blames Maradonna or the players for the defeat.
Maradona's lack of tactics and choice of players from the midfield down. You can't really blame players like Otamendi, he's just a young kid doing what he's being told to do. You can blame Maradona for choosing him to play in a position he's not used to instead of calling a veteran like Zanetti who had a fantastic season with Inter. You can also blame Maradona for not taking more center backs, when Samuel gets injured and Demichelis is playing like horse #%%+ it would've been nice to have a replacement like Gabriel Milito to play alongside Burdisso, who does he have on the roster? Ariel Garce. You may be asking who is that? Yea, that was everyone's reaction. Another big criticism was loading the midfield with wingers from the get go instead of putting in a player like Pastore which would have given us a lot more creativity in our attack and would've allowed Messi to stay in his natural position instead of dropping back so far to get the ball, along with that calling Cambiasso to the squad would've given Mascherano support and given the midfield more of a backbone. Basically Maradona was called out for isolating the attack and an already weak defense leaving huge gaps in middle resulting in the massacre we saw two days ago.

France 2 losses one draw and only one goal scored, leaving their group as last one.

The french players acted like spoilt and overpaid a***********s and embarrased their country,

True but when you're a favorite in the WC and expectations are high even a qf exit is a disappointment......look at Brazil, they're pretty upset over their team

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

True but when you're a favorite in the WC and expectations are high even a qf exit is a disappointment......look at Brazil, they're pretty upset over their team

Who cares? If they want to receive the team with a hero's welcome with almost as many people as goals they conceded against Germany, let them. Good for them. Noone else cares. Why is this even a story?

Who cares? If they want to receive the team with a hero's welcome with almost as many people as goals they conceded against Germany, let them. Good for them. Noone else cares. Why is this even a story?
What's the matter, got sand in your vag? If you don't like the story then keep scrolling, don't be a bitter little *%%** about it though. What? Would you rather talk about Cristiano's bastard child?

I'm going for whoever wins the URG/NED game,
they're going to be the underdog in the final. Forlan has been playing for his life and he is much appreciated.

A Germany Netherlands final would be
pimp.gif

the dutch will be yelling
give us our bikes back and it would be epic,
but germany is playing beautiful football.

it's almost over..

I'm excited about the match between Spain vs Germany.Spain was better in 2008 but I guess we've now a much better team and also i would consider Spain
still a contender of the World Cup, I was till now not that convinced about their game.David Villa is definitly
smokin.gif
but I'm still disappointet about Torres and
I'm wondering if a one-man-offense could be enough.

I think that coaches often get too much blame in this sport (see how Real Madrid treat coaches) however I think that Dunga and Maradona are ultimately the ones to blame for what happened to Brazil and Argentina. Both had immensely talented players to choose from but the main criticism of both of them was that they didnt select the best group of players.

Brazil looked great in this tournament up until their 2nd half collapse to Holland and it was largely in part to Dunga`s player selection. Felipe Melo was a player that had a great 08/09 season and was great for Brazil last summer but then he followed that up with an absolutely dreadful season with Juventus where comments were often made about him being one of Juventus` worst performers of the season. Not only did Dunga recall him to the team but continued to start Melo. Then you have guys like Gilberto Silva starting even though his best days are behind him. Kaka was coming off a tough season and Dunga didn`t really call up any player capable of backing up Kaka. Ronaldinho had a good season and was in form but Dunga once again snubbed him. Dunga decided to use Nilmar as his 2nd choice striker even though there were better options out there. While I still think he is an excellent coach, I believe Dunga`s pragmatism really hurt him against the Netherlands. Brazil really could`ve used some flare and individualism to retake control of the match after things started turning in Holland`s favor. It`s kind of messed up though how the Brazilian federation fired Dunga even though he announced he was going to resign prior to the start of the tournament.
laugh.gif

As for Maradona, all the talk about Argentina going in to the tournament was about the players he excluded (Zanetti and Cambiasso) and about his decision making. While I believe the team he selected was good enough to win, Maradona proved to be out of his element as a coach. He started the tournament off by using Gutierrez out of position as a defender. He made the right decision to replace Gutierrez but he used Otamendi out of position. He also stuck with Demichillis who was one of the worst defenders of the tournament. Not only did he make costly defensive mistakes and often find himself out of position but he also often attempted poor passes and often forced his team mates to carry the load for him. The two goals Argentina conceded up until Saturday were due to errors by Demichillis. Then came Germany and all 4 goals conceded came from the right side of the pitch where the German attackers took turns burning Otamendi and Demichillis. The other problem with Argentina was their lack of midfield presence. Mascherano was often left all alone in the middle because Maradona decided to use two wide players (Di Maria and Maxi Rodriguez) in the middle. So not only did this hurt Argentina defensively but this also forced Messi to drop back more to get the ball and force him further away from the net. Maradona would`ve been much better off using 2-3 central midfielders instead of using Di Maria and Maxi out of position. I think it is a matter of days before Maradona announces his resignation and the Argentine coaching carousel continues.

Although Uruguay will be missing Suarez tomorrow, it`s important to note the Netherlands will be missing two key players in Van Bommell and van der Wiel. The Netherlands are obviously favorites but I think it`ll be a close and low scoring match with the Netherlands prevailing. Lets see if van Persie can finally get out of his funk.

Spain against Germany will be a great match for many different reasons. Rematch of the Euro 08 finals...a team that everyone expected to be the most entertaining team in the tournament (Spain) against the most entertaining team in the tournament (Germany). Two teams that have defended well all tournament and play similar formations. Germany have looked great up to this point but I cant help but feel that Spain havent even hit their full stride yet. David Villa has obviously been carrying the load but we all know Spain have many other weapons. Spain have really surprised me up to this point with how well they`ve defended but also with how much trouble they`ve had scoring. I can see this match going to extra time or possibly PKs...I`m leaning towards Spain prevailing over Germany once again.

I'll take Germany based on how well they've played all tournament.

I keep expecting someone to step up besides Villa, but I don't know that it will actually happen.

28865d.jpg

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

28865d.jpg

What do I have to be mad about? I don't really care much about Argentina to have either positive or negative feelings towards them. They were a huge disappointment though. The only ones who are mad are Argentinians who try to suppress the magnitude of how mad they are and desperately trying to look like they're not mad by pretending that they really are proud of this team. You're not fooling anyone, just so you know. They can go after Copa America though, no Germany to own them there.
wink.gif
Or maybe another Olympic gold medal.

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

28865d.jpg

What do I have to be mad about? I don't really care much about Argentina to have either positive or negative feelings towards them. They were a huge disappointment though. The only ones who are mad are Argentinians who try to suppress the magnitude of how mad they are and desperately trying to look like they're not mad by pretending that they really are proud of this team. You're not fooling anyone, just so you know. They can go after Copa America though, no Germany to own them there.
wink.gif
Or maybe another Olympic gold medal.
Remember Euro Cup '08? Get ready to relive that, real soon.
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom