:::[Official]World Cup South Africa 2010 Thread:::

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by rothypejc

^ what??

The US group in 2006 was one of the toughest and 2002 wasn't easy either.
Na, 2002 was just fixed
grin.gif

and 2006?

and even if it was fixed, how does it help the US going up against a team with the refs on their side

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by rothypejc

^ what??

The US group in 2006 was one of the toughest and 2002 wasn't easy either.
Na, 2002 was just fixed
grin.gif
Care to elaborate?

Sorry,

Main Entry: [sup]1[/sup]elab·o·rate

Pronunciation: \i-ˈla-b(ə-)rət\

Function: adjective

Etymology: Latin elaboratus, from past participle of elaborare to work out, acquire by labor, from e- + laborare to work - more at laboratory

Date: 1592

1 : planned or carried out with great care <took elaborate precautions>
2 : marked by complexity, fullness of detail, or ornateness <elaborate prose>

- elab·o·rate·ly adverb

- elab·o·rate·ness noun

Hopefully we have all of our players healthy and in shape. Cant wait till next month to see how we do with Jermaine Jones against the netherlands.

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

I want bob to take these guys to alaska to train and run the mountains.
lol, you're talking about bob..the dude who took them to train in miami before traveling to mexico city..

"I don't envy the Mexicans who are going to be subject to 90,000 vuvuzelas," said South Africa defender Matthew Booth, referring to the loud horns that Bafana Bafana fans love to use.
I don't think he realizes we play at Azteca with more people and more horns.

the damn draw is fixed...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Stupid $!*! #@#% $!* Ivory Coast in Group of Death again.
indifferent.gif

Same #@#% that happened in 2006. The world is being robbed of a chance to see Didier Drogba play.

FIFA must hate Snoop Drog that much...
smh.gif

but frankly you'll never know,the Elephants might just qualify from that group...

and FIFA stays being fanboys of Spain...
sick.gif

i see them picking up maximum points from all their matches in the group stage...

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

lol, you're talking about bob..the dude who took them to train in miami before traveling to mexico city..
Altitude does not affect you immediately. Takes about a day or two to kick in so it's better to train 2 weeks in advance and get used to it orfly in right away and play the game.

FYI the Mex-France game is now 11:30 PT according to this.

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/tou...42/24/fifawc2010matchschedulefinalversion.pdf

"I don't envy the Mexicans who are going to be subject to 90,000 vuvuzelas," said South Africa defender Matthew Booth, referring to the loud horns that Bafana Bafana fans love to use.
I don't think he realizes we play at Azteca with more people and more horns.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Definitely like the Mexico group. Most worried about the SA game than France.

Originally Posted by socluis90

Altitude does not affect you immediately. Takes about a day or two to kick in so it's better to train 2 weeks in advance and get used to it or fly in right away and play the game.

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/tou...42/24/fifawc2010matchschedulefinalversion.pdf
Yes it does... Actually, it affects you the MOST immediately... and the effects gradually decrease in intensity.

Flying in right away is a terrible plan (if it's avoidable).

Originally Posted by PlatinumFunk

Altitude does not affect you immediately. Takes about a day or two to kick in so it's better to train 2 weeks in advance and get used to it or fly in right away and play the game.

Yes it does... Actually, it affects you the MOST immediately... and the effects gradually decrease in intensity.

It was avoidable but they still decided to train at sea level..

My fellow USMNT supporters..

at first when we found out we are going to be in englands group, initially thought we were going to be put in the group of death?

I was happy we didn't get Spain or Brazil.

I need to get a ticket for the opening match, I have to Rep El Tri.

Phase 3 starts in 3 hours.

Originally Posted by PlatinumFunk

Link? There is a reason teams fly into countries like Bolivia and Mexico hours prior to game day and leave right away. You either train AT LEAST10 days in advance and slowly acclimate to it or fly in the day of game and avoid it. After 24 hours your body starts to feel the effects.

at first when we found out we are going to be in englands group, initially thought we were going to be put in the group of death?
I had the "here we go again" feeling when Mex drew SA and we got England. Crazy how things changed after that.

and FIFA stays being fanboys of Spain..

indifferent.gif

Did you watch the game vs South Korea in 2002? Spain got shafted out of not one but TWO completely legit goals that there was nothing whatsoever wrong with.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

and FIFA stays being fanboys of Spain..

indifferent.gif

Did you watch the game vs South Korea in 2002? Spain got shafted out of not one but TWO completely legit goals that there was nothing whatsoever wrong with.
Apparently He did not.. People are just speaking without thinking so far.. I hope the same Does not happen for South Africa.. They are not one ofthe top African Teams nor can they Compete with African teams in the African cup of nations.. I'm calling conspiracy with every win lol j/k..
Man Group G is such a pain.. I Root for Portugal, but I would love to see Ivory Coast make it.. Brazil just has to make it or it would not be a world cup..
One thing ...If Ghana .. Actually persuades Balotelli to Join .. A Big
alien.gif
to Italy and a
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
to Ghana... I really hope Italy AT LEAST Calls him up.. Italy needs it lol!

Yeah I was like s**t here we go again. after I saw algeria in I was still thinking we were getting another hard team, but I can live Slovenia.Good to see Jermaine Jones healthy again. Cant wait to get him in camp.

Originally Posted by KRISPACINLA

Yeah I was like s**t here we go again. after I saw algeria in I was still thinking we were getting another hard team, but I can live Slovenia. Good to see Jermaine Jones healthy again. Cant wait to get him in camp.
i was thinking that after mexico got drawn for group A. i was like, great. they get south africa, and we're going to get some powerhouse. butthen when they pulled us for group C, i was like, other than south africa, can't say you could do any better than england. i was just hoping the remainingtwo teams would give us favorable matchups. luckily i think it worked out almost as well as we could expect.

Back
Top Bottom