:::[Official]World Cup South Africa 2010 Thread:::

Howard nothing less than IMPRESSIVE in this game.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by needsomejays

Originally Posted by I FR3SH I

This is why I dont watch Soccer. All these people and networks hyping this match and it ends in a damn tie
smh.gif

shut up
My bad, didnt know you were in to "moral victories". If not beating your opponent is good enough for you then congrats

This is why I dont watch Soccer. All these people and networks hyping this match and it ends in a damn tie
smh.gif

I guess you mad they didn't do a coin toss and just add 1 goal to the winner of the coin toss to decide a winner like they do in another sport.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

smh.gif

I guess you mad they didn't do a coin toss and just add 1 goal to the winner of the coin toss to decide a winner like they do in another sport.
No, Im just mad I watched 90 mins of this crap and nobody won.

Damn, USA surpised me with their defensive capability. Their attack wasn't exactly working though.

Green
smh.gif
laugh.gif

smh.gif
not "tie", you mean "draw".....

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

smh.gif

Stop

It was a fun game to watch even if it ended in a draw. There was a ton of suspense. I don't understand the hate.

Originally Posted by needsomejays

smh.gif

shut up
My bad, didnt know you were in to "moral victories". If not beating your opponent is good enough for you then congrats

would i rather have seen them win? of course, but they didnt need a win, they did what they needed to do and im happy with the result

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

What the hell is wrong with the announcers on Univision? bunch of clowns
It's been this way ever since they let Cantor/Longo(RIP)/Losada go.

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

What the hell is wrong with the announcers on Univision? bunch of clowns

They are notorious for having horrible commentators, thats why I imported a Sky box 
pimp.gif

USA was GARBAGE today. Whoever thinks otherwise must not have watched Howard  having to go 1 on 1 the entire first half cause of that garbage @#$ defense

The US created more scoring opportunities than they have in the past so I'm content with their play and the result. Hell, Jozy's shot is deflected off the #$%%$%% post for christ sake. We looked good on set pieces, winning a considerable amount of headers in the box and showing some flashes of good combination play in the attacking third.

Not saying our attack created chances at will but with 12 shots, I can live with that. I didn't necessarily agree with starting Robbie next to Jozy but he didn't play horrible. I still like the idea of bringing him off the bench and using his speed against tired legs.

If Edson or Herculez is given the chance that Jozy had in the 2nd half, they finish it and that's a guarantee. I like that Jozy attacked the English defense and created the chance on his own.

How do you guys think the officiating went in the US game? I thought it was a well officiated game. We blast the officials when they make horrid calls, but we never give them praise.  Almost all the yellow cards were deserved, and there wasn't really a missed call that cost a team the game.  Good day of soccer.
pimp.gif

Officiating was non-existent, meaning they did a very good job. I thought our first yellow was questionable but it was from behind so I don't really have a complaint. Both squads played a fairly clean game as well, which makes the refs day a little bit easier.

I think if the back line can improve their communication things will be much better. My only complaint was the lack of crispness on their passes but I think that had more to do with the opposition than anything else.

Back
Top Bottom