:::[Official]World Cup South Africa 2010 Thread:::

I think Serbia wins.

Just hope it's a better match than what I just witnessed earlier
laugh.gif
smh.gif

help me out here, I really only watch soccer when it's a big math or like now during the World Cup.
I've noticed during a lot of matches over time that when a player falls he stays down, no matter how minor the fall was.
Is this something you're supposed to do, milk it for all its worth? I'm guessing it's mainly due to fatigue.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

help me out here, I really only watch soccer when it's a big math or like now during the World Cup.
I've noticed during a lot of matches over time that when a player falls he stays down, no matter how minor the fall was.
Is this something you're supposed to do, milk it for all its worth? I'm guessing it's mainly due to fatigue.

Yeah, and trying to make the possible contact before falling look worse.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Usually it's just players trying to catch a breath, soccer is an exhausting game that gives you no real breaks for 45 minutes at a time. Sometimes you have to steal a breath here and there.
But when it's really happening constantly it's usually a sign that one team is happy with the current result, and one team isn't. In the US-England game for example, the US was clearly happy with the tie, while England was pushing for a win. So the US would stay down a bit, or Howard would take forever to kick the goalkick, or Altidore would take 60 seconds to walk off the field for a sub. It's all gamesmanship aimed at wasting time. 

If Ghana could finish at all Serbia'd be down 2 goals or more right now. Their defense is once again not living up to pre-tournament expectations.

And I'm impressed by Ghana's form without Essien. They look organized and are constantly getting in the Serbian third.

Yea Ghana looks really good on the attack.

Wish they had Essien, but I like them a lot.

Damn, Ghana just gifted a penalty and a goal on a completely unnecessary handball. Not really a threatening cross that was handled.

pimp.gif
for Ghana though.
laugh.gif
at people doubting the home-field advantage for other African teams at the tournament.

Wow, what the hell was he thinking? Dude had his arm completely stretched out and then he has the nerve to argue with the ref after.

Ghana carrying the load for Africa again.
pimp.gif

I really hope they can advance out of this group...I'd like their chances against England/U.S./Slovenia.

Okay thanks guys. It makes complete sense.
And
pimp.gif
I enjoyed that whole game didn't feel like it was a hour and a half long

Totally the fault of the new ball. He jumped for the header, but the ball flew a foot further than he expected.
-Read that on BS 
laugh.gif

The coach of Ghana must be thrilled he beat his country
laugh.gif

I dont know why, but I LOVE the vuvuzelas.... way better than the random whistling im used to hearing in league matches.

Originally Posted by TheGift23

Totally the fault of the new ball. He jumped for the header, but the ball flew a foot further than he expected.
-Read that on BS 
laugh.gif

The coach of Ghana must be thrilled he beat his country
laugh.gif

Every time someone has made a mistake so far ive seen people blame the ball
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by JJGRT5

I dont know why, but I LOVE the vuvuzelas....

indifferent.gif
Have you ever been to an actual game where they are at full force? They make the atmosphere in an arena explode, especially after your team just scores 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 Mexico - Haiti game in the 09 gold cup was 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 at cowboys stadiums with all the horns and vuvuzelas. 

Originally Posted by JJGRT5

I dont know why, but I LOVE the vuvuzelas.... way better than the random whistling im used to hearing in league matches.
Totally agree, I love the sound in the background of the game. Maybe it's more bothersome in person, but at least on TV it adds to the atmosphere.
pimp.gif

It's borderline offensive to me to suggest that they should be banned. Totally goes against the spirit of the World Cup. 

Back
Top Bottom