:::[Official]World Cup South Africa 2010 Thread:::

Wow SIRIUS, all those pictures are
eek.gif

And
pimp.gif
at these Slovenia off-field fits. I love how they incorporated their jersey crest into their ties and suits, and their soccer-inspired footwear is awesome.
pimp.gif

eek.gif

And
pimp.gif
at these Slovenia off-field fits. I love how they incorporated their jersey crest into their ties and suits, and their soccer-inspired footwear is awesome.
pimp.gif

f14_23734943.jpg

Damn, I didnt even notice the shoes of the Slovenian players. They even have little studs on the bottom
pimp.gif

Anyways, 2 possible contenders are in action tomorrow. Netherlands play at 7:30am EST and Italy at 2:30pm. My picks tomorrow are for the two heavyweights to draw their matches and for a weak Cameroon side to beat Japan (10am start time).

Look out for my boy Lucas Barrios of Paraguay...this dude is Argentine but just got Paraguayan citizenship in April thanks to his mom's background. Argentina are so deep up front that they can afford to allow 20-goal scorers to play for other countries. Just like Brazil
laugh.gif

Carlos Tevez wrote:
Damn, I didnt even notice the shoes of the Slovenian players. They even have little studs on the bottom
pimp.gif

Anyways, 2 possible contenders are in action tomorrow. Netherlands play at 7:30am EST and Italy at 2:30pm. My picks tomorrow are for the two heavyweights to draw their matches and for a weak Cameroon side to beat Japan (10am start time).

Look out for my boy Lucas Barrios of Paraguay...this dude is Argentine but just got Paraguayan citizenship in April thanks to his mom's background. Argentina are so deep up front that they can afford to allow 20-goal scorers to play for other countries. Just like Brazil
laugh.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif

I know it's not him

I've seen him play a few times. He's legit, had 37 in 38 games
sick.gif
pimp.gif

Sad Salvador Cabanas isn't playing though
tired.gif

As with the Adidas Fevernova and Adidas Teamgeist at the two previous tournaments, the ball has received pre-tournament criticism, primarily from goalkeepers.[6] Brazil goalkeeper Júlio César compared it to a "supermarket" ball that favored strikers and worked against goalkeepers.[7] Other similar complaints came from Giampaolo Pazzini,[8] Claudio Bravo[9] and Iker Casillas.[10] Italian keeper Gianluigi Buffon said, "it is very sad that a competition so important as the world championship will be played with such a horrible ball."[11] whilst Brazilian striker Luís Fabiano called the ball "supernatural", as it unpredictably changed direction when travelling through the air, adding that none of the players of the Brazilian squad, who are sponsored by rival manufactuer Nike, such as Júlio Baptista, reacted in favour of the ball.[12] Joe Hart of England, after training with the ball for a number of days, said the "balls have been doing anything but staying in my gloves."[13]. He did, however, describe the ball as "good fun" to use, even though it is hard work for goalkeepers to cope with.[14] It was suggested the ball behaved "completely different" at altitude by England coach Fabio Capello.[15] Denmark coach Morten Olsen after their 1-0 friendly defeat at the hands of Australia said: "We played with an impossible ball and we need to get used to it."[16] Brazilian striker Robinho stated, "for sure the guy who designed this ball never played football. But there is nothing we can do, we have to play with it."[17] English goalkeeper David James said that "the ball is dreadful. It's horrible, but it's horrible for everyone."[18] Marcus Hahnemann replied to the ballmaker Adidas saying that "Technology is not everything; scientists came up with the atom bomb, doesn't mean we should have invented it."

On the other hand, Alvaro Arbeloa came out in support of the ball commenting that "It's round, like always"[19] whilst American Clint Dempsey declared that "If you just hit it solid, you can get a good knuckle on the ball (...) you've just got to pay a little bit more, you know, attention when you pass the ball sometimes".[20]

Adidas has said that the ball had been used since January of 2010, and that most feedback from players had been positive. A spokesperson said the company was "surprised" by the negative reaction to the ball, and highlighted that the frequent pre-tournament criticism a new ball receives inevitably dies down as the tournament proceeds.

It seems like a consensus that this ball sucks and Adidas screwed up big time with this ball....

Since that's the case how come FIFA isn't allowed to fix it's mistake and go with a different ball? Seems pretty stupid to go through with a ball that is considered garbage by most players.

NBA changed the ball a couple years ago and when all the new players hated it, they changed it back. So why can't FIFA go with a different ball?

The Jubalani ball was used during the African Cup of Nations back in January and the keepers were allowing equally horrendous goals...

1:05 mark of this video...

0:30 mark of this video...

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

As with the Adidas Fevernova and Adidas Teamgeist at the two previous tournaments, the ball has received pre-tournament criticism, primarily from goalkeepers.[6] Brazil goalkeeper Júlio César compared it to a "supermarket" ball that favored strikers and worked against goalkeepers.[7] Other similar complaints came from Giampaolo Pazzini,[8] Claudio Bravo[9] and Iker Casillas.[10] Italian keeper Gianluigi Buffon said, "it is very sad that a competition so important as the world championship will be played with such a horrible ball."[11] whilst Brazilian striker Luís Fabiano called the ball "supernatural", as it unpredictably changed direction when travelling through the air, adding that none of the players of the Brazilian squad, who are sponsored by rival manufactuer Nike, such as Júlio Baptista, reacted in favour of the ball.[12] Joe Hart of England, after training with the ball for a number of days, said the "balls have been doing anything but staying in my gloves."[13]. He did, however, describe the ball as "good fun" to use, even though it is hard work for goalkeepers to cope with.[14] It was suggested the ball behaved "completely different" at altitude by England coach Fabio Capello.[15] Denmark coach Morten Olsen after their 1-0 friendly defeat at the hands of Australia said: "We played with an impossible ball and we need to get used to it."[16] Brazilian striker Robinho stated, "for sure the guy who designed this ball never played football. But there is nothing we can do, we have to play with it."[17] English goalkeeper David James said that "the ball is dreadful. It's horrible, but it's horrible for everyone."[18] Marcus Hahnemann replied to the ballmaker Adidas saying that "Technology is not everything; scientists came up with the atom bomb, doesn't mean we should have invented it."

On the other hand, Alvaro Arbeloa came out in support of the ball commenting that "It's round, like always"[19] whilst American Clint Dempsey declared that "If you just hit it solid, you can get a good knuckle on the ball (...) you've just got to pay a little bit more, you know, attention when you pass the ball sometimes".[20]

Adidas has said that the ball had been used since January of 2010, and that most feedback from players had been positive. A spokesperson said the company was "surprised" by the negative reaction to the ball, and highlighted that the frequent pre-tournament criticism a new ball receives inevitably dies down as the tournament proceeds.

It seems like a consensus that this ball sucks and Adidas screwed up big time with this ball....

Since that's the case how come FIFA isn't allowed to fix it's mistake and go with a different ball? Seems pretty stupid to go through with a ball that is considered garbage by most players.

NBA changed the ball a couple years ago and when all the new players hated it, they changed it back. So why can't FIFA go with a different ball?
I think its a money thing

Holland 3 - Denmark 0

I really like the Dutch this year.  Even without Robben I see a dominating performance.

Paraguay 1 - Italy 0

I just am not liking Italy.

I just got up after spending the whole night drinking then going to the Germany vs Australia game here in Melbourne, Australia.

I went to the Public Viewing as a German supporter, man was I getting abused and intimidated by the 10k+ Aussie fans there, it was +%#%%!% epic!!!

We were right in the mosh pit near the screen and went absolutely crazy at the first Podolski goal, I thought I was gonna get lynched. Thank god Aussies are easy going, I would been killed in England
laugh.gif

I love the World Cup so much... the uniting of nations behind their squad is just awesome, even though I have no voice left at all
happy.gif

Heres to more exciting games tonight!!!

Kool aid (aka David Suazo) out for the Honduras-Chile match. ALWAYS INJURED.
laugh.gif
smh.gif
Poor Pavon, no way he can handle the load and if they have to make changes, all they really have is Georgie Welcome who's a big stiff.

Wilson Palacios will play though.

Glad to see others think Paraguay will win tommorow too.
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Answer IV DMX

Neuer in goal worries somewhat worries me as Germany advances though...

Ozil is going to be great.  I can't believe Schalke let him go
frown.gif
We had no choice, unfortunately.

Holland 2 - Denmark 0

Japan 1 - Cameroon 0

Italy 2 - Paraguay 1

Won't be surprised if Paraguay wins though.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

eek.gif

And
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

f14_23734943.jpg

pimp.gif
euro swag

Back
Top Bottom