:::[Official]World Cup South Africa 2010 Thread:::

On third and fourth view it didn't seem as intentional on Kaka's end as it first appeared, but he really could've avoided that by just absorbing the contact instead of sticking his elbow out. Especially since he was on a yellow and the game was getting ugly anyway.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

Not sure I'd call that a dive. 
Kaka rocked his chest and deserved a yellow for that, the dude randomly grabbed his face. 
laugh.gif
 I think the ref would've given the yellow either way for Kaka's elbow. 

You can't be serious. Dude ran straight into Kaka. What is he supposed to do just let the guy run him over?

Now that I think about it....Kaka should have flopped when Keita ran into him. Then maybe he'd be playing against Portugal and Keita would've gotten the card.
Nah, dude wasn't even looking at Kaka, and Kaka saw him coming and stuck out his elbow intentionally. It came nowhere near his face, but dude's shoulders still clapped. 
If Kaka had a clear head he could've just absorbed the contact or moved out of the way, anything but sticking out his elbow to stop dude's momentum. 

laugh.gif
You are delusional. Why should Kaka move out of the way because the guy is running towards him? That's stupid. Kaka is standing there so obviously he has a right to that position. The guy should have some awareness and run around him.

laugh.gif
If you really think Keita didn't know Kaka was standing there and ran into him on accident.

Bottomline is it doesn't matter if Kaka put his elbow out or not because Keita initiated the contact.

:Lol @ your logic. By that reasoning I wouldn't be at fault if I went and drove my car into someone else's car that was parked because it shouldn't have been parked in that spot. Nevermind the fact that I was driving and in control of the car that ran into the parked one.

Kaka rocked his chest and deserved a yellow for that, the dude randomly grabbed his face. 
laugh.gif

You can't be serious. Dude ran straight into Kaka. What is he supposed to do just let the guy run him over?

Now that I think about it....Kaka should have flopped when Keita ran into him. Then maybe he'd be playing against Portugal and Keita would've gotten the card.
Nah, dude wasn't even looking at Kaka, and Kaka saw him coming and stuck out his elbow intentionally. It came nowhere near his face, but dude's shoulders still clapped. 
If Kaka had a clear head he could've just absorbed the contact or moved out of the way, anything but sticking out his elbow to stop dude's momentum. 

laugh.gif
You are delusional. Why should Kaka move out of the way because the guy is running towards him? That's stupid. Kaka is standing there so obviously he has a right to that position. The guy should have some awareness and run around him.

laugh.gif
If you really think Keita didn't know Kaka was standing there and ran into him on accident.

Bottomline is it doesn't matter if Kaka put his elbow out or not because Keita initiated the contact.

:Lol @ your logic. By that reasoning I wouldn't be at fault if I went and drove my car into someone else's car that was parked because it shouldn't have been parked in that spot. Nevermind the fact that I was driving and in control of the car that ran into the parked one.
You're not really understanding my point. I'm not saying Kaka didn't have the right to stand his ground, I'm saying he should've been smarter knowing he already had a yellow, and knowing that CIV would make the most of something like that given how tense the game had gotten. He could've avoided this whole scenario by absorbing the contact or side stepping Keita. Not because he had an obligation to do so, but because it was the smart thing to do in that situation. Comprende? 
And to me it did look like Keita didn't see Kaka there from the way he ran into him, but who knows. 

As to the red card issue, he'll only miss one game because it was 2 yellows, not a straight red. That's why I think the ref saw what happened, or got word from the assistant. If he really though Kaka hit Keita in the face, he would've given him a straight red, not a yellow. 

And I'd be shocked if they rescinded the yellow. They didn't rescind Ballack's for the Final in 2002, not sure why they'd do it for Kaka in the group stage. 

idk how some dudes are saying kaka should have been more level headed

THESE DUDES WERE LITERALLY TRYING TO BREAK LEGS OUT THERE

you can not look the other way in this situation

7:30 AM - Portugal vs N.Korea
10 AM - Chile vs Switzerland
2:30 PM - Spain vs Honduras

My Predictions :

Portugal 1 N.Korea 0
Chile 2 Switzerland 1
Spain 4 Honduras 0

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

laugh.gif

That does sound rather dumb in hindsight, but I still don't think it was a Rivaldo-like dive. Looked to me like Keita got his chest rocked by Kaka's elbow, and he would have went down anyway. He played it up by grabbing his face, making it look like there was nothing there, when there was.
But whatever, consensus wins, it's really not that big a deal. If I'm Kaka, I feel dumb right now for feeding into the frenzy and allowing Keita an opportunity to bust out the theatrics. 

The end. I'm done for today, seems that my opinions are very anti-majority today. Maybe I have a pro-Italy bias that explains the De Rossi thing, but I could care less about Kaka/Keita/CIV/Brazil. Either way didn't mean to ruffle anyone's feathers. 

laugh.gif
That was a dive and the ref didnt see it.

Keita ran into Kaka...there was no intent by Kaka at all.

Oh well, that red card hurts the CIV more than it helps them. No Kaka vs. Portugal.

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

fg_1.gif
Not a dive.

Kaka should've absorbed the contact.

laugh.gif
@ persiafly making more ridiculous comments. I try to be respectful with this guy but its hard when he's always acting like a condescending douche. Pirlo is top 5 in the world, Zidane is the best player ever, De Rossi didnt dive and Italians dont dive, it was Kaka's fault that an Ivorian ran into him, etc.

I don't understand why FIFA tries to focus on getting referees from all over the world instead of just getting the best referees available. Why are there garbage refs from Mali in the WC when they could be getting premier league refs who are clearly better and more equipped to handle refereeing on such a large stage?

Originally Posted by TheGift23

7:30 AM - Portugal vs N.Korea
10 AM - Chile vs Switzerland
2:30 PM - Spain vs Honduras

My prdictions:

Portugal 1 - N.Korea 0
Chile 1 - Switzerland 1
Spain 3 - Honduras 1

Anyways...Fabianos goal may have bested Donavans from yesterday as the best goal of the WC. That was simply amazing
pimp.gif

Wow, way to bust out something I said 6 months ago and already admitted was dumb (Pirlo top 5). And I never said Italians don't dive, I said it was dumb to say their strategy in this game was to dive from the beginning, but OK.

And this can go both ways. You said England inherently lacks the creativity necessary to beat Algeria (preposterous), that France's success in 1998 and 2006 didn't have that much to do with Zidane (blasphemous), and countless others if I kept a running diary of your opinions like you apparently do of mine.

And mos of all
laugh.gif
x 1000 at you calling someone condescending. That's just too much.

Is there really no one here that agrees that Kaka could've been smarter in this situation? He couldn't have kept his elbow down knowing he had a yellow? If that's really the case I give up, because apparently I view soccer differently than everyone else on this board.

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Can a second yellow in a game get rescinded by FIFA or does that only work with one yellow? If so then this second yellow should probably get reduced.

Either way it's pretty inconsequential since Brasil will stay atop their group. Portugal really isn't threatening anyone.
Yellows and reds can get rescinded (thats why teams always appeal yellow/red cards during the WC in hopes of having them rescinded). The problem is that FIFA NEVER rescind BS yellow/red cards. I guess they want to protect the integrity of the refs by upholding their decisions whether they're right or wrong. FIFA do know when refs f*** up though...FIFA's way of punishing refs is by sending them home when the group stage is over.

Originally Posted by RoOk

Anyways...Fabianos goal may have bested Donavans from yesterday as the best goal of the WC. That was simply amazing
pimp.gif

indifferent.gif

So Donovan's goal was better than Maicon's? It wasn't even better than the first goal of the tournament South Africa scored.

I don't understand why FIFA tries to focus on getting referees from all over the world instead of just getting the best referees available. Why are there garbage refs from Mali in the WC when they could be getting premier league refs who are clearly better and more equipped to handle refereeing on such a large stage?
I kind of disagree with this. Premiership/European refs are no better than refs from other continents. Premiership refs have made horrible blunders at the WC as well...at the last WC some player was awarded 2 yellow cards in one match by an English referee and was allowed to continue playing
laugh.gif
. Some Russian referee in the Holland/Portugal match awarded a record 15+ cards and was blasted by Sepp Blatter afterwards.

As for having a ref from Mali, FIFA want refs representing every continent...you cant have a WC in Africa without a few brothas callin' the shots.

Just to remind you that the entire 2010 EPL might've been decided on a horrible ref decision to allow this goal when Drogba's entire body was extremely obviously offside:

that France's success in 1998 and 2006 didn't have that much to do with Zidane (blasphemous)
They dont teach you reading comprehension in law school?

Where did I say it did not have much to do with Zidane?

I said that Zidane did not dominate in the 1998 WC as a rebuttal to your point that France's win in that tournament should be credited to just Zidane (as if he carried the team). If you analyze that tournament closely, you'll see that Zidane did not have as much of an impact as his supporters claim. Yes, he was a great player at the time and was great in the finals but overall he did not dominate the tournament (for example like Fontaine in 58, Garrincha in 1962, Maradona in 86, Ronaldo in 02, etc).

I also pointed out (using some facts) that Zidane did not have that great of a tournament in 2006. He played in their first two matches which they drew. The 3rd match he was suspended and they won. He played great against Spain and Brazil (we can all agree on this), but did not really dictate the tempo of either one of the semi or final matches (this is a matter of opinion). Could France have gotten to the finals without him? No. Did Zidane dominate the tournament? I dont think so because he did not have any impact in the first round, played great in 2 KO-round matches but did not really stand out in France's final 2 matches.

When discussing the all time greats, Zidane is surely deserving of being included in the convo. Some people say top 5, some say top 10. However, OP asked "Maradona or Pele...who's the greatest player ever?" and I dont think you can make a convincing case for Zidane being the GOAT. Most people say its between Pele and Maradona but I've also heard pundits name players like Di Stefano, Puskas, Garrincha, Beckenbauer, Cruiyff, etc although they usually go back to Pele vs. Maradona.

France's downfall.
pimp.gif
Should've staged a replay for the Irish, FIFA. You'd have a team with some heart representing you right now.

Keita's flop was ridiculous. I thought from the jump it would be a Yellow (I was watching it without sound.) cause Kaka COULD have avoided it, but he didnt come within five feet of dudes face.
laugh.gif
It sucks that the Red actually hurts CIV more than it helped, but I still think Brazil will beat Portugal's big stage frauds.

I also pointed out (using some facts) that Zidane did not have that great of a tournament in 2006. He played in their first two matches which they drew. The 3rd match he was suspended and they won. He played great against Spain and Brazil (we can all agree on this), but did not really dictate the tempo of either one of the semi or final matches (this is a matter of opinion). Could France have gotten to the finals without him? No. Did Zidane dominate the tournament? I dont think so because he did not have any impact in the first round, played great in 2 KO-round matches but did not really stand out in France's final 2 matches.

I like how you want to have it both ways by discrediting his 1998 performance by saying that he wasn't even named the best player in that tournament, yet how he didn't have "that great of a tournament in 2006" even though he was named the player of that tournament.. So if he didn't have "that great of a tournament", then every other player in the 2006 World Cup must've played like they belonged on a Luxembourg 3rd division team. In the 4 second round matches, there was only one goal (against Spain) that Zidane didn't either score or assist on. And they still would've won 2-1 without that goal. Not to mention that we're witnessing the echo of the impact Zidane had on the France team these very days, as the France team are about to implode. Not to mention their horrible performance in Euro 2008.

Back
Top Bottom