:::[Official]World Cup South Africa 2010 Thread:::

Damn Kaka Brazil dont want a fight with them African Boys though they would get dominated... i will say though eventhough one of my favourite players is gone this is the most enttertaining game so far..so much drama

keita
smh.gif

Not sure I'd call that a dive. 
Kaka rocked his chest and deserved a yellow for that, the dude randomly grabbed his face. 
laugh.gif
 I think the ref would've given the yellow either way for Kaka's elbow. 

No big deal that Kaka got sent off. Brazil are gonna win the group and Kaka can use some rest anyways.

It was a b*tch move by the Ivorian though. However I think Kaka was being a $%!! as well...he fouled an Ivorian from behind and then complained about the referee's decision...moments later he pushes an Ivorian player on the sidelines. Perhaps Dunga should've realized Kaka was getting frustrated and subbed him off rather than leaving him in there.

This tournament is Brazil's to lose. My only criticism of them today is they lost focus defensively after scoring the 3rd goal but you cant really blame them for doing so.

laugh.gif
aww man I don't know which one was worse, the Brazilian dude doing a full 360 pirouette after barely getting his ankle kicked, or that last one where the ivory coast guy ran his chest into the defender and went down holding his mouth
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
aww man I don't know which one was worse, the Brazilian dude doing a full 360 pirouette after barely getting his ankle kicked, or that last one where the ivory coast guy ran his chest into the defender and went down holding his mouth
laugh.gif

I think Brazil can beat Portugal even without Kaka. Who replaces Kaka though?

Ivory coast is like the opposite of North Korea. They get no respect from me with all that trying to break legs and flopping bs.

Seems like everyone is outraged by the playacting, so maybe I'm giving CIV too much benefit, but I don't think you can compare it to the Rivaldo situation. The ball bouncing off Rivaldo's leg was completely harmless, but Kaka clapped dude's shoulders with that elbow. Just because dude grabbed his face doesn't mean there was no infraction on Kaka's part. Maybe if it was a straight red I'd be more outraged.

Can a second yellow in a game get rescinded by FIFA or does that only work with one yellow? If so then this second yellow should probably get reduced.

Either way it's pretty inconsequential since Brasil will stay atop their group. Portugal really isn't threatening anyone.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Kaka rocked his chest and deserved a yellow for that, the dude randomly grabbed his face. 
laugh.gif

You can't be serious. Dude ran straight into Kaka. What is he supposed to do just let the guy run him over?

Now that I think about it....Kaka should have flopped when Keita ran into him. Then maybe he'd be playing against Portugal and Keita would've gotten the card.

That flop was turrribleee!!! Lolol but the end of the game was entertaining with all that drama. Glad to see Drogba get his. I wanted another goal because I wanna see Ivory coast advance instead of PORT

Overall - Good game to watch, this Brazilian team play amazing as a group compared to all the other squads. I got them or ARG winning the WC

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Can FIFA get the card taken away for KaKa?

I want to see him play portugal
worst thing about football
tired.gif
...they can appeal the yellow card, so hopefully they can get it revoked but its unlikely.

Dunno if they can/will rescind Ricky's red card (or second yellow), but I think FIFA can decide whether it'll be a 1-match or 2-match ban (depending on the severity of the foul). Likely the standard 1-game suspension which won't hurt them as Dunga's probably gonna rest some guys against Portugal anyway. Assuming Por beats N. Korea, this would bode well for them needing just a draw against Brasil to advance.
Damn, I wish Yuku worked in realtime.  Damn damn.

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

laugh.gif

You can't be serious. Dude ran straight into Kaka. What is he supposed to do just let the guy run him over?

Now that I think about it....Kaka should have flopped when Keita ran into him. Then maybe he'd be playing against Portugal and Keita would've gotten the card.
Nah, dude wasn't even looking at Kaka, and Kaka saw him coming and stuck out his elbow intentionally. It came nowhere near his face, but dude's shoulders still clapped. 
If Kaka had a clear head he could've just absorbed the contact or moved out of the way, anything but sticking out his elbow to stop dude's momentum. 

Originally Posted by thachosen123

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Getting hit with studs like that while you're foot is extended is how ankles get broken, ligaments are sprained, or a groin muscle is strained.

The Ivorian going down as a result of Kaka's elbow was funny but Fabiano started acting towards the end too. Prob was looking to get an Ivorian carded.

Originally Posted by tonton32

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Can FIFA get the card taken away for KaKa?

I want to see him play portugal
worst thing about football
tired.gif
...they can appeal the yellow card, so hopefully they can get it revoked but its unlikely.

Not sure but I heard the Univision commentators say it's possible, since it's the World Cup.

Back
Top Bottom