Official World Series Texas Rangers vs. San Francisco Giants Thread (4-1) Giants Win World Series!

Originally Posted by manny1

Rangers will win the WS at home in game 5. Looks like another thread full of hate towards the Rangers. It's cool well just see who's the better team. GO RANGERS!

Who's hating?
Imo I don't think either team can win in 5. I really think are starting pitching puts us over the top in this series. Molina can give the rangers  lineup as many tips as he can but fact of the matter they they don't have any prior history on are starters. 

Has this been posted yet? 
nerd.gif
"Black and Orange"

The Giants starting pitching is not better than the Rangers.. So if that's what you think puts them over the top, I'm not sure I get it.

The Giants starting pitching is not better than the Rangers.. So if that's what you think puts them over the top, I'm not sure I get it.

I'd rather have the Giants' starting pitching but I think Texas is going to mash the **** out of them.

I'd rather have the Giants' starting pitching but I think Texas is going to mash the **** out of them.

You don't see how Tim/Cain and Lee/CJ is basically a wash and Lewis is better than Sanchez? *shrugs* Bumgarner and Hunter/Holland is pretty well a wash, too.

There's not much difference in the starters AT ALL. Acting like this is a situation where the Rangers are straight up out-manned is hilarious.

You don't see how Tim/Cain and Lee/CJ is basically a wash and Lewis is better than Sanchez? *shrugs* Bumgarner and Hunter/Holland is pretty well a wash, too.

There's not much difference in the starters AT ALL. Acting like this is a situation where the Rangers are straight up out-manned is hilarious.

Originally Posted by solesavage

Originally Posted by What up

Damn. This dude is upset over the Giants' success that he has to nitpick every little detail and every little thing that is being said.

Like clockwork, Iron Man shows up and pisses on someone's parade. That's just the pathetic little things that he does so there's no point in actually acknowledging this polluted opinions.

Typical salty Dodger fan, just like the rest of them.

roll.gif
Yeah okay.

Originally Posted by WErunSF

I feel likeTexas is on their high horse cuz they can bat balls.... yea thatscool... Texas fans should be scared of our pitching because if we areplaying the stats game: then better bullpen on paper.... since this isthe world series Texas is hungry since its their first world series....that being said the giants dont have the bats such as texas and we donthave a star pitcher (Lee) that overshadows the others.... WilsonBurnett Hunter where are they? what have they been doin? The giants area team that win because of the bullpen because we focus on defense... ibelieve in bochi..... I'll see you guys in game 7.

P.S. Ayo Ron Washington: Bochi bribes Ron Washington with a kilo to fix the series WORD?!!!

This is just terrible.

People are pumped about the Lakers, *#%@ alladat
laugh.gif
gimme some baseball
smokin.gif

Damn. This dude is upset over the Giants' success that he has to nitpick every little detail and every little thing that is being said.

Like clockwork, Iron Man shows up and pisses on someone's parade. That's just the pathetic little things that he does so there's no point in actually acknowledging this polluted opinions.

roll.gif
Yeah okay.

I feel likeTexas is on their high horse cuz they can bat balls.... yea thatscool... Texas fans should be scared of our pitching because if we areplaying the stats game: then better bullpen on paper.... since this isthe world series Texas is hungry since its their first world series....that being said the giants dont have the bats such as texas and we donthave a star pitcher (Lee) that overshadows the others.... WilsonBurnett Hunter where are they? what have they been doin? The giants area team that win because of the bullpen because we focus on defense... ibelieve in bochi..... I'll see you guys in game 7.

P.S. Ayo Ron Washington: Bochi bribes Ron Washington with a kilo to fix the series WORD?!!!

This is just terrible.

People are pumped about the Lakers, *#%@ alladat
laugh.gif
gimme some baseball
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Their starters are better and so is their pen, and their confidence level is ridiculous right now. Giants lineup is suspet so the only way they will have a chance is if their pitching continues to carry them.
Texas lineup is just ridiculous though, Phillies are good but they have had issues with their offense all season long. Rangers have just been a hot team, I don't see them losing this series.

Nice to watch a WS where I will be happy with any winner.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Their starters are better and so is their pen, and their confidence level is ridiculous right now. Giants lineup is suspet so the only way they will have a chance is if their pitching continues to carry them.
Texas lineup is just ridiculous though, Phillies are good but they have had issues with their offense all season long. Rangers have just been a hot team, I don't see them losing this series.

Nice to watch a WS where I will be happy with any winner.

I feel like Texas is on their high horse cuz they can bat balls.... yea thats cool... Texas fans should be scared of our pitching because if we are playing the stats game: then better bullpen on paper.... since this is the world series Texas is hungry since its their first world series.... that being said the giants dont have the bats such as texas and we dont have a star pitcher (Lee) that overshadows the others.... Wilson Burnett Hunter where are they? what have they been doin? The giants are a team that win because of the bullpen because we focus on defense... i believe in bochi..... I'll see you guys in game 7.

Just set Giants fans back 50 years... 
sick.gif

I feel like Texas is on their high horse cuz they can bat balls.... yea thats cool... Texas fans should be scared of our pitching because if we are playing the stats game: then better bullpen on paper.... since this is the world series Texas is hungry since its their first world series.... that being said the giants dont have the bats such as texas and we dont have a star pitcher (Lee) that overshadows the others.... Wilson Burnett Hunter where are they? what have they been doin? The giants are a team that win because of the bullpen because we focus on defense... i believe in bochi..... I'll see you guys in game 7.

Just set Giants fans back 50 years... 
sick.gif

Not that it needs to be said but.......

The comments and opinons made by WErunSF in no way shape or form reflect the rest of ours. He has no clue what he is talking about, and speaks like a 16 year old high school cheerleader. Please do not associate this clown with me, or any other Giants fan on this board. Thanks.

Not that it needs to be said but.......

The comments and opinons made by WErunSF in no way shape or form reflect the rest of ours. He has no clue what he is talking about, and speaks like a 16 year old high school cheerleader. Please do not associate this clown with me, or any other Giants fan on this board. Thanks.

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

I know the media is trying to sell a story and is catering to the lowest common denominator, *cough* casual fan *cough* but are real Giant fans actually buying into this?  This whole "Merry Band of Cast offs" Cinderella story.

Can anybody name the castoffs from the Giants?

Thank you for providing an actual response.

I disagree with the players you are dubbing as "castoffs" with the exception of Burrell who was a straight salary dump by the Rays.

I'm not even talking %@%% about the Giants, if anything I'm giving them some credit by saying these players are better than what the national media perceives them to be.

The question was really posed to actual Giant fans and not the casual/bandwagon fans that are popping out of nowhere.  We didn't beat the Phillies, but when the national media perceived us to be Manny and his band of unknown teammates last year (Despite the fact that Manny was suspended and rendered ineffective all year), most of us saw it as East Coast bias and that the national media doesn't really know anyone outside of a Yankee, Phillie and Red Sox uniform.

Just figured you guys would take some pride in your team, instead of this silly story the media is feeding you guys.  To each their own though.

Adding Posey to the lineup makes it more potent.  Cody Ross has always had pop, along with Burrell.  They got some key hits at crucial moments.

laugh.gif
, some people need to take their !!% back to the sidelines.

Guess, whatever I say will be automatically dubbed as the following: "saltiness", "hate", etc.
laugh.gif

that being said the giants dont have the bats such as texas and we dont have a star pitcher (Lee) that overshadows the others

Even though dland just provided a disclaimer, this is the $%$% I'm talking about.  'Cause you know, 2 time Cy Young winner Tim Lincecum has nothing on Cliff Lee....
eyes.gif

I know the media is trying to sell a story and is catering to the lowest common denominator, *cough* casual fan *cough* but are real Giant fans actually buying into this?  This whole "Merry Band of Cast offs" Cinderella story.

Thank you for providing an actual response.

I disagree with the players you are dubbing as "castoffs" with the exception of Burrell who was a straight salary dump by the Rays.

I'm not even talking %@%% about the Giants, if anything I'm giving them some credit by saying these players are better than what the national media perceives them to be.

The question was really posed to actual Giant fans and not the casual/bandwagon fans that are popping out of nowhere.  We didn't beat the Phillies, but when the national media perceived us to be Manny and his band of unknown teammates last year (Despite the fact that Manny was suspended and rendered ineffective all year), most of us saw it as East Coast bias and that the national media doesn't really know anyone outside of a Yankee, Phillie and Red Sox uniform.

Just figured you guys would take some pride in your team, instead of this silly story the media is feeding you guys.  To each their own though.

Adding Posey to the lineup makes it more potent.  Cody Ross has always had pop, along with Burrell.  They got some key hits at crucial moments.

laugh.gif
, some people need to take their !!% back to the sidelines.

Guess, whatever I say will be automatically dubbed as the following: "saltiness", "hate", etc.
laugh.gif

that being said the giants dont have the bats such as texas and we dont have a star pitcher (Lee) that overshadows the others

Even though dland just provided a disclaimer, this is the $%$% I'm talking about.  'Cause you know, 2 time Cy Young winner Tim Lincecum has nothing on Cliff Lee....
eyes.gif

I'm not even talking %$!+ about the Giants, if anything I'm giving them some credit by saying these players are better than what the national media perceives them to be.

I know you arent talking *#@!.  I like having baseball debates with you.  You can say you disagree with calling them castoffs, but how would you describe a player that no other team wanted?  Huff, Uribe, and Burrell (3 of our most key players) were players who no other team would give a chance to.  Like I said earlier, the term "castoff" might not be entirely accurate.  But we have a bunch of players that no other team wanted, and are nowhere near top level players. 

We are just coming together at the right time, and this team seems to just have "it." 

I'm not even talking %$!+ about the Giants, if anything I'm giving them some credit by saying these players are better than what the national media perceives them to be.

I know you arent talking *#@!.  I like having baseball debates with you.  You can say you disagree with calling them castoffs, but how would you describe a player that no other team wanted?  Huff, Uribe, and Burrell (3 of our most key players) were players who no other team would give a chance to.  Like I said earlier, the term "castoff" might not be entirely accurate.  But we have a bunch of players that no other team wanted, and are nowhere near top level players. 

We are just coming together at the right time, and this team seems to just have "it." 

Back
Top Bottom