Official World Series Texas Rangers vs. San Francisco Giants Thread (4-1) Giants Win World Series!

I'm still trying to get my head around the fact Juan Uribe might win another ring as a starter

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dland24

Not that it needs to be said but.......

The comments and opinons made by WErunSF in no way shape or form reflect the rest of ours. He has no clue what he is talking about, and speaks like a 16 year old high school cheerleader. Please do not associate this clown with me, or any other Giants fan on this board. Thanks.
Nope, can't do it. WErunSF is now yall official spokesman. 
laugh.gif

I'm kidding. Yall don't think of Bittersweet every time a Bulls fan posts, right? 
pimp.gif

Not that it needs to be said but.......

The comments and opinons made by WErunSF in no way shape or form reflect the rest of ours. He has no clue what he is talking about, and speaks like a 16 year old high school cheerleader. Please do not associate this clown with me, or any other Giants fan on this board. Thanks.
Nope, can't do it. WErunSF is now yall official spokesman. 
laugh.gif

I'm kidding. Yall don't think of Bittersweet every time a Bulls fan posts, right? 
pimp.gif

3rd straight time facing an AL West team in the World Series (0-2). Hopefully three times a charm.

3rd straight time facing an AL West team in the World Series (0-2). Hopefully three times a charm.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

I know the media is trying to sell a story and is catering to the lowest common denominator, *cough* casual fan *cough* but are real Giant fans actually buying into this?  This whole "Merry Band of Cast offs" Cinderella story.

Can anybody name the castoffs from the Giants?

I know you arent talking *#@!.  I like having baseball debates with you.  You can say you disagree with calling them castoffs, but how would you describe a player that no other team wanted?  Huff, Uribe, and Burrell (3 of our most key players) were players who no other team would give a chance to.  Like I said earlier, the term "castoff" might not be entirely accurate.  But we have a bunch of players that no other team wanted, and are nowhere near top level players. 

We are just coming together at the right time, and this team seems to just have "it." 
This team does have "it", so I'm hoping they lose to another team that has "it" as well.  It's going to be a good series.

Uribe had interest in the off season, but was seeking a starting spot when everyone offered the "super-utility" role he had in 2009.  Since he couldn't get a starting corner infield spot, he re-signed with the Giants.

Huff was just a victim of a deep 1b market last year, remember the Giants thought they had an agreement with Adam La Roche that he reneged on.

Not sure if posted but Bengie Molina is the luckiest dude in the world right now. He gets a guaranteed World Series ring.
Although if the Giants win, it would suck to receive being that you were on the losing end. 

If you suit up, you get a ring, even if you get released, traded, demoted, etc. 

I know the media is trying to sell a story and is catering to the lowest common denominator, *cough* casual fan *cough* but are real Giant fans actually buying into this?  This whole "Merry Band of Cast offs" Cinderella story.

Can anybody name the castoffs from the Giants?

I know you arent talking *#@!.  I like having baseball debates with you.  You can say you disagree with calling them castoffs, but how would you describe a player that no other team wanted?  Huff, Uribe, and Burrell (3 of our most key players) were players who no other team would give a chance to.  Like I said earlier, the term "castoff" might not be entirely accurate.  But we have a bunch of players that no other team wanted, and are nowhere near top level players. 

We are just coming together at the right time, and this team seems to just have "it." 
This team does have "it", so I'm hoping they lose to another team that has "it" as well.  It's going to be a good series.

Uribe had interest in the off season, but was seeking a starting spot when everyone offered the "super-utility" role he had in 2009.  Since he couldn't get a starting corner infield spot, he re-signed with the Giants.

Huff was just a victim of a deep 1b market last year, remember the Giants thought they had an agreement with Adam La Roche that he reneged on.

Not sure if posted but Bengie Molina is the luckiest dude in the world right now. He gets a guaranteed World Series ring.
Although if the Giants win, it would suck to receive being that you were on the losing end. 

If you suit up, you get a ring, even if you get released, traded, demoted, etc. 

Has anyone had any luck on buying tickets of the Giants site? They had a couple for sale today but I missed out.

Has anyone had any luck on buying tickets of the Giants site? They had a couple for sale today but I missed out.

Originally Posted by JayJunkie

I wouldn't sleep until I had some tickets in my hand, just sayin
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

laugh.gif
 I was on the site an hour ago refreshing and miraculously there were some available but got sniped
frown.gif

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

laugh.gif
 I was on the site an hour ago refreshing and miraculously there were some available but got sniped
frown.gif

They release some but it depends, your best bet is 3 hours before the game.

Today it seemed like server errors. My method got me tickets for the NLDS and I could have had Field Club for NLCS game 1 but couldn't get out of work.

They release some but it depends, your best bet is 3 hours before the game.

Today it seemed like server errors. My method got me tickets for the NLDS and I could have had Field Club for NLCS game 1 but couldn't get out of work.

Back
Top Bottom