Official World Series Thread: Texas (3) @ St. Louis (4), CARDINALS GRAB THEIR 11th

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Congrats Cardinals fans. Except First Born.
fc825634e172beb863392ca6a8f82a51e1e7185_r.gif

Amazing series and even sweeter than the 06 title. Albert played his final game in a Cardinals uni tonight, what a way to end his career in St. Louis.
pimp.gif

I missed the game due to work, so I'm planning on catching a replay tomorrow.

Congratulations to the St. Louis Cardinals and to the fans on this board!

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

If Freese was from Hartford or some !+%*, that might be Yadi's award. 
30t6p3b.gif

No.........Yadi was great, yes........but without freese, there would be no game 7.......it would be what allot of Rangers fans predicted, Rangers in 6.
2 on, 2 out, 2 strikes, 2 chances to win/tie the game and went 2/2 in both situations = MVP

rangers choked man

feeeeeeels gooooooooooooooooooooooooooood !

and smh at the sime time , you guys are 95 and 97 cle Indians .

its sad really

the whole strike zone tonight was bang bang

lmfaoooooooooo 0-2 you guys the modern day bills

how you have the better team 2 years in a row and take the L you the modern day cle Indians .

Originally Posted by polorico

its sad really

how you have the better team 2 years in a row and take the L you the modern day cle Indians .
How you live in Dallas and ride with the Yankees though?

smh horrible. are the ranger gonna be the buffalo bills of the mlb now? i %!*+%%@ hate the cardinals and that roid freak pujols... smh

Congrats to the Cardinals, Freese coming up clutch was a great sight to see... plus Pujols getting another one
pimp.gif

[h2]http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/bi...r-to-collect-375-000-after-Ca?urn=mlb-wp25992[/h2]
[h2]Pay the man: Bettor to collect $375,000 after Cards win Series[/h2]
By David Brown

We don't know his name. We just know he's out there, somewhere, and he has possessed two betting slips worth a total of $375,000 after the St. Louis Cardinals won Game 7 of the World Series on Friday night.

As we reported (thanks to Deadspin and Joe Sports Fan), an unnamed individual made two wagers at the MGM sports book in Las Vegas on Sept. 12 that the Cardinals would win the National League pennant and the World Series, respectively. He put $250 on each possibility and won $125,000 after the Cards beat the Brewers in the NLCS. He has since cashed in that slip.

The Redbirds were 999-to-1 to win the World Series when the man placed his bets and, as we know, the Cards won their 11th World Series on Friday, making Johnny No-Name $250,000 richer. (Although, he technically came out ahead with $150,000 more because he hedged his bets before the Series started, Deadspin says, putting a hundred grand on Texas to win just in case.)

Still, that's a net of $275,000 won betting on baseball — betting on a team that was 10 1/2 games out of a playoff spot on Aug. 25. Jay Rood, an MGM vice president who sets the line at 12 books in Nevada, told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that the man bet with "perfect timing." One more day and the odds would have been substantially lower. Such long-shot bets do hit — but rarely. When the Minnesota Twins won the 1987 World Series, the team had been at least 500/1 during the season, Rood said.When the St. Louis Rams won the 2000 Super Bowl, the team had been 300/1 early in the season. 

Rood said he has re-evaluated his decision to put the Cardinals at 999/1 odds to win the World Series. He said he probably had too much faith in the Braves not collapsing and too much faith in the Phillies playing well in the playoffs. Him and Philly both. Matt Sebek of JSF says he has been in contact with the gambler, but that "he won't do an interview." Harumph. I've got too many questions about this guy for him to stay quiet forever. Maybe he'll start talking now that he's no longer under the emotional gun of the wager. Show yourself, betting man! And do you want to wager on whether Albert Pujols stays in St. Louis?

eek.gif

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by polorico

its sad really

How you live in Dallas and ride with the Yankees though?
Simple.  Bandwagon fan.  My guess is he jumped on them in the 90s.  I bet you hes a Bulls fan too.

Wake Up People this whole World Series Run was fixed...

11 in '11 is all i needed to see on a sign from a fan to get my spidey senses tingling

I wish i could have paid enough attention to realize what was being orchestrated i could have made big bucks. but the select few who was up on game racked in serious cash for little

Just google the number 11 and see what you find its some type of fishy stuff going on and its not a "coincidence"

Originally Posted by CaptainSpaulding

Wake Up People this whole World Series Run was fixed...

11 in '11 is all i needed to see on a sign from a fan to get my spidey senses tingling

I wish i could have paid enough attention to realize what was being orchestrated i could have made big bucks. but the select few who was up on game racked in serious cash for little

Just google the number 11 and see what you find its some type of fishy stuff going on and its not a "coincidence"
04e357e14df3793ced876190937cb2f1043698f_r.gif

Back
Top Bottom