Official WRESTLEMANIA XXV Thread - 4/5 PPV 7pm et - Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels, HHH vs Orton

For weeks upon weeks, we have all at some point or another displayed our frustration with the actual card or the way everything was built up. Looking overeverything again though... It is a pretty solid card without any headscratchers (except JBL/Mysterio), that at will at the very least provide a"good" Wrestlemania, plus the crowd usually does a pretty good job of making the matches better because of how loud WWE fans can get. Anyways, timefor predictions...

JBL vs. Rey Mysterio

Very smart to put this match on first, because nobody really cares about it. JBL hasn't been able to put together a decent match since his fuedwith John Cena, and Rey Mysterio just plain doesn't have it anymore, (he hasn't had it for a good 3 years now). Having JBL retire and relenquishing theIntercontinental Title would be a good way to maybe bring back some prestige to it, I say he goes over here.

213kje8.jpg

"Money in the Bank Ladder Match" Finlay vs. Mark Henry vs. CM Punk vs. MVP vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Christian vs. Kane

Finlay - Like 4w said, the ring general. He'll make sure there isn't any clustering up and keep things in line. Expect some HILARIOUS anticsfrom that always zany Hornswaggle, but not enough to give the man who loves to fight a win.

Mark Henry - Nope

CM Punk - There could be an outside shot of him winning to try and bring him back into the main event picture as the "only man to win back-to-back MITBmatches," but I don't really see that happening as it would sort of be anti-climatic.

MVP - A star who doesn't really NEED the briefcase to get a title shot, it'll get him there faster, but I think he has enough mic and ring skills toearn one based on merit alone (which he is close to doing anyways). Very good chance of winning.

Christian - See MVP

Kane - If Wrestlemania took place on May 19th I'd say he's 100% going to win, unfortunately for the Big Red Machine this year it falls on one of theother 364 days of the year.

Kofi Kingston - I like his style and I like his potential, maybe a slight tweak in his gimmick then he can be taken seriously in the future, but right now heis just the token high-flyer who'll do the unbelievable spot.

Your winner:

2i0u9fr.jpg

He has all the tools MVP has except the mic work which (if you have followed Shelton since his Team Angle days), have improved greatly, but not where you'dwant them to be. Shelton has paid his dues for years, and with this run as "The Gold Standard" he finally has a persona that can actually generate abuzz while he carries the briefcase around waiting to strike. I've been saying it all along, Benjamin takes it home.

"Lionheart" Chris Jericho vs. The Has Beens

Jericho better do two things: 1) Go over, 2) Oversell like hell. It is a shame he is in this position (then again at the same time, ifAustin/Hogan/Rourke worked out it would've been the #2 match on the card, buyrate wise), but he is in this position. The annual Heel gets rocked by acelebrity punch at Wrestlemaina takes place in this match, let's hope it's after a Y2J win.

iyzifn.jpg

John Morrison & The Miz vs. "The Colons" Carlito & Primo

I know, I know, the victory would benefit the Colons because they lack star power, but John Morrison and The Miz have been the most consistant tag team as faras entertainment wise is concerned and I think giving them the Undisputed Tag Titles would be a nice little thank you, plus it could add to their resumes oftitles, slammys, which can also benefit each man when they embark on their singles careers. The Colons can beat them at Backlash or somthing, just have THEBETTER team go over at Wrestlemania.

qnvad2.jpg

Be Jealous!

Matt Hardy vs. Jeff Hardy

As far as fueds go, this one had all the makings to be epic, but really seemed to have fizzled out. Extreme Rules means Jeff will get his New Jack onand dive off something crazy to seal the victory.

n5jupe.jpg

25 Diva Battle Royal

*My only real hope is, you know how they usually have those "funny" backstage segments at Wrestlemania? Well I'd nearly die if rightbefore the MITB or Battle Royal, Mae Young runs into Mark Henry and gets mad at him for ditching her and her son who is in attendance (and she pulls out a lifesize store mannequin) Other than that, just want to see Maryse
devil.gif

2e1ejbl.jpg

"The Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker

STOP CALLING HBK MR. WRESTLEMANIA. I don't care if he puts on a show, his freaking record is 6-9, well 6-10 after this match. Hell Arizona has madethe tournament 25 straight times with 1 National title, nobody calls them Mr. NCAA Tourney. And this is coming from an HBK/arizona fan
nerd.gif

15hk5c.jpg

John Cena vs. The Big Show vs. Edge

A pretty horrid angle leading to a pretty horrid "SmackDown!" main event. John Cena's involvement in the match was pretty lame, and thethought of Edge and Big Show fighting over Vicky
sick.gif
. However, I do believethere will be a title change.

2q0udkh.jpg

Randy Orton vs. Triple H

Randy Orton really took it on the chin during this build up, however, he did get one over on Trips last week by making Stephanie's dream come trueand kissing her on the lips. My main gripe with this is the lack of acknowledgement that Randy Orton won the Royal Rumble. It really makes it seem that thisdude just started beef with Steph just to swindle his way into a title match, yeah he did mention he'll use his victory to challenge Triple H, but afterthat nothing. That really hurts the aura around the Royal Rumble IMO. Anyways, Triple H takes out Priceless and Pedigrees Randy right in the middle of the ringfor the 1-2-3. As the fireworks go off.

2nhmhw0.jpg

Should be a pretty decent show. Hope ya'll enjoy it!

Now that I think about it, this year would be the perfect time to give the MITB to Shelton, too bad I don't see the WWE doing it. Shelton is still the mostathletic in the entire WWE and has been putting in work for a good deal of time and he really deserves this. But I picked Christian because I see them wantingto use him very quickly since they brought him back and, as has been mentioned before, they are really treating him more as a newcomer than a returningsuperstar. I see Shelton and MVP fighting over the US title for a little longer and then hopefully they can both get some title shots lined up in the nearfuture.

And I will need a stream for tomorrow night

Also, hearing about how next year HBK thinks will be his last WM before he retires. I don't know who they would have him go up against next year. Idon't think anybody could do him justice. Maybe RKO can go up against him next year, but porbably it will end up being Cena or HHH.

Originally Posted by masterhammy23

Also, hearing about how next year HBK thinks will be his last WM before he retires. I don't know who they would have him go up against next year. I don't think anybody could do him justice. Maybe RKO can go up against him next year, but porbably it will end up being Cena or HHH.

jericho would be perfect, seeing as they have had great feuds before...even edge would be great

And I will need a stream for tomorrow night also

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

Also, hearing about how next year HBK thinks will be his last WM before he retires. I don't know who they would have him go up against next year. I don't think anybody could do him justice. Maybe RKO can go up against him next year, but porbably it will end up being Cena or HHH.

jericho would be perfect, seeing as they have had great feuds before...even edge would be great

Those are 2 that could work too. I just don't really know who could do him the justice in what would be his last match ever.

Those are 2 that could work too. I just don't really know who could do him the justice in what would be his last match ever.
yea true..

so pretty much since last year, mania will have one wrestler retire from now on..

last year flair, this year jbl, nexxt year michaels..

yea true..

so pretty much since last year, mania will have one wrestler retire from now on..

last year flair, this year jbl, nexxt year michaels..

Then it could be Undertaker the next year after that.

he says at the end of that interview though he would prolly come back when his kids got older. i doubt itll be his last match EVER next year, dude loves thespotlight

I'm watching Steamboat's induction right now... y'all do not understand the kind of nasty #+@@ I would do to Kelly Kelly.

02_mkan_067b.jpg
023_bellas_005b.jpg
024_eve_181b.jpg
The biggest Wrestlemania...they should've thrown him money to wrestle
Anyone see the NCAA March Mad. pics of the divas
devil.gif

My Predictions:

JBL vs. Rey Mysterio - Rey Mysterio is going to win and JBL will announce his retirement.

MITB - I have MVP winning. He's in the same position as The Rock was early in his career where the crowd are starting to chant "MVP" sort oflike when they did "Rocky". He has the most potential out of everybody on the list and he finally gets his break.

Chris Jericho vs. Legends - I have the legends winning this one. The referee will get knocked out. Piper, Sunka, Steamboat, Ric Flair will all be down andJericho will be pounding on Mickey Rourke in the ring. Next thing you hear will be scattered glass. Stone Cold comes punches Jericho a couple times and thedelivers a stunner. Ref wakes up and Piper is pinning Jericho for the win.

Diva match - who cares? as long as it's less than 20 minutes, it will be considered a success. Just for the hell of it, I have Santino dressed in dragwinning the match.

Carlito and Primo vs. The Miz and John Morrison - haven't been paying attention much to this, but I have The Miz and Morrison winning.

Matt Hardy vs. Jeff Hardy - Jeff Hardy no doubt about it.

Shawn Michaels vs. Undertaker - it makes zero sense for Shawn to win considering the fact he might be retiring when his contract is up next year. If MVPplays his cards right, an MVP vs. Undertaker next year to put MVP over makes sense at this point.

Edge vs. Cena vs. Big Show - I have John Cena winning this one. Somehow Vicky Guerrero will get involved and screw it up for Edge at the end.

Triple H vs. Randy Orton - I honestly don't see Randy Orton losing. He takes out Vince, then Shane, RKO and DDT Stephanie, and after all that he losesto Triple H? Orton's been built up unlike any superstar in long, long time. Her's the scenario I see this playing out: the ref gets knocked out, Vinceis side by side with Triple H and hits him the Sledge hammer giving Orton the win. What I really want to see is Triple H standing in front of Stephanie toprotect her when she's in the ring and Stephanie low blow her husband followed by an RKO by Randy Orton. Either way, one of the McMahon's will beturning heel.

This year's hall of fame ceremony was rather boring. Last year was highly entertaining especially with The Rock clowning on John Cena.

Watch it on the usa network and it seems to me that Austin was in a rush and didn't really wanted to be there..Maybe WWE edit alot of stuff out.

If I could be serious for amoment...

Welcome to the Wrestlemania edition of...whatever this is I do.� Start rant.

- Since most of you are making predictions on the matches...I, being the maverick that I am, will predict the other things that will happen during the 25thAnniversary of Wrestlemania...

There will be at least one excrutiatingly unfunny segment involving divas, current and former wrestlers, and/or backstage people.� You'll laugh because youfeel like you have to but you'll realize later it wasn't funny.

The total amount of time spent promoting�the John Cena suckfest known as 12 Rounds will be longer than an actual match.

Tazz will sit in his hotel room and laugh silently as he�imagines JR cringing about having to do commentary with good ol' Michael Cole for 4 hours.�Vintage!

One of the lumberjacks in the Tag Team Unification�Lumberjack match will scratch his %#%, on camera,�as he gets paid�to do�exactly what you and I will bedoing...WATCHING Wrestlemania.�

23...the amount of times Shawn Michaels will be referred to as "Mr. Wrestlemania" during his match with the Undertaker...22 of those will be byMichael Cole.� To the skull!

520, 394...the number of toilets�that�will be�flushed, simultaneously,�during the 25 Diva Battle Royal.

Triple H will kick out of an RKO...because everybody�nose,�God can't be pinned after�just one�RKO.

Hornswaggle's mere presence will single handedly ruin the Money in the Bank ladder match.� He will do something absurdly ignornant�to impede theadvancement of midgets...excuse me, little people, everywhere.

All of the people on here asking for streams will be�on NT�later in the�night, asking for updates as their stream freezes midway through the Undertaker/HBKmatch.� At least pay for a quality stream, ya cheap bastards!� Then again...it is a recession.

- Wrestlemania XX was one of the best Wrestlemanias of all time.� It was in the Garden,� it was the 20th Anniversary, there were great matches and momentsthroughout the night.� But perhaps my favorite Wrestlemania moments was perhaps one of the worst matches in Wrestlemania history.� What I love is how the crowdwent in on these dudes.� You gotta love NYC crowds.� Only thing that sucks is how good of a match this could have actually been if both men gave a $$#*.� Ohwell, Happy Wrestlemania Day ya'll!

Originally Posted by KingofIlladelph

520, 394...the number of toilets�that�will be�flushed, simultaneously,�during the 25 Diva Battle Royal.

Triple H will kick out of an RKO...because everybody�nose,�God can't be pinned after�just one�RKO.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

My WM25 guesses:

WWE Legends

Santino

JBL

Miz & Morrison

Matt Hardy

MVP

Udertaker

Cena

Orton

I would have killed for edge / orton.

But I get a stupid 3 way dance and HHH being in every damn main event.

Maybe the beer will calm me down by the time that match comes on.

Watching the Hall of Fame ceremony now. Who's the pimple face geek sitting next to HHH?

Flair must be an expert at watch repair.

Flair's really starting to lose his hair.

Need to watch my posts so I don't run out tonight.

Wow, Vince just said Austin was the greatest WWE Superstar of all time.

I really didn't like Austin's speech. I felt it was really indulgent and self promoting. I don't know what I was expecting, but I didn't likeit.

Back
Top Bottom