• Xbox Series X

Votes: 130 78.8%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 28 17.0%
  • Both

Votes: 7 4.2%

• Total voters
Speaking of controllers...

I will go to my grave arguing this but I think that the lack of additional buttons on controllers is holding back game design

I think all controllers should have two back paddles, two bumpers on each side (so four total), 5 face buttons, and three extra face buttons on the left side of the controller

Also, had haptics to one of the bumpers so it can function as a scroll wheel if need be

Not that every game has to use every button them, but for they to be more options devs have the more they can figure out intuitive control schemes

Switching between equipment in Halo Infinite was mad annoying for the first few hours
27DF6863-5042-477B-8257-A4BA5D91C64F.jpeg

I’m good g

I will go to my grave arguing this but I think that the lack of additional buttons on controllers is holding back game design

I think all controllers should have two back paddles, two bumpers on each side (so four total), 5 face buttons, and three extra face buttons on the left side of the controller

Also, had haptics to one of the bumpers so it can function as a scroll wheel if need be

Not that every game has to use every button them, but for they to be more options devs have the more they can figure out intuitive control schemes

Switching between equipment in Halo Infinite was mad annoying for the first few hours
Scuf controllers give you a lot more options, though obviously they're more expensive.

Scuf controllers give you a lot more options, though obviously they're more expensive.
It is not about me having more options as a gamer, it is about devs having them. Having more inputs so there is less doubling tapping, holing down buttons, and using the D-Pad

I am talking about something other than just higher end/pro controllers

These pro controllers that are being offered from Sony and MS expensive too. I’m probably in the minority but I think haptic feedback is such a waste. I’d rather not pay an extra $15 for it.

I don't think what I am suggesting is that far out there

Nearly everyone agrees that back paddles should come standard now.

Razer does extra bumpers (they are not shaped optimally though), I think they can be shaped better so both are easy to hit and easy to distinguish

If we keep four face buttons, then add a few more where the thumbs can easily reach when off the sticks. To give a rough idea...
41LO2OX6pRL._AC_SY10001_.jpg

Congrats gaming world, I just moved the industry forward. You're welcome

Paddles shouldn’t be standard because they were implemented to map the face buttons you’d usually remove your thumb from the right stick to press. They don’t necessarily “add” any button possibilities, but provide a way to eliminate any time you’d have your thumb off the right stick and get clapped cause you can’t aim with your thumb off that stick.

Thus I can see them remaining a premium / competitive feature.

Also, I see what you’re saying but that button placement is horrendous. I’d rather see a second set of bumpers.

Paddles shouldn’t be standard because they were implemented to map the face buttons you’d usually remove your thumb from the right stick to press. They don’t necessarily “add” any button possibilities, but provide a way to eliminate any time you’d have your thumb off the right stick and get clapped cause you can’t aim with your thumb off that stick.

Thus I can see them remaining a premium / competitive feature.
-If Microsoft put them on controls and lets devs make them separate inputs, they can add button possibilities

It doesn't matter how they came to market, Microsoft is not tied to make them be just that for eternity

And there are tons of non-premium controllers with them now

They are already being used in a mid-range capacity

Also, I see what you’re saying but that button placement is horrendous. I’d rather see a second set of bumpers.

If they are functional I think the gamers that don't like the look of them will get over it within minutes

Not like gamers have to look at the controller all the time. It just has to be functional. And I think giving people two to three extra face buttons they can easily press would have some positive to the experience.

Last edited:
Disagree on extra face buttons.

I already hate that share button on Xbox controllers as I always press it by mistake and then have go back and delete the stupid screenshot.

Yeah that's why i'm a fan of the Razer wolverine tournament, very low key back paddles and a couple extra well placed shoulder buttons. Not overboard at all.
71TyFR-7TeL._AC_SX679_.jpg

81fKtaySh1L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

How the hell does this happen? :lol:

I'm not sure I have big hands and long fingers, but not like I'm Mutumbo or anything.

It happens often with me, but I guess not with others.

Never had the issue when it was the white Xbox ball like the Xbox One controller.

They should have put that stupid share button above those other two buttons instead of below IMO.

I'm not sure I have big hands and long fingers, but not like I'm Mutumbo or anything.

It happens often with me, but I guess not with others.

Never had the issue when it was the white Xbox ball like the Xbox One controller.

They should have put that stupid share button above those other two buttons instead of below IMO.

nah it's not just you. sometimes I'll go to press "start" and i'll press the screenshot/share button on accident

Back
Top Bottom