Which next gen Xbox will you purchase

• Xbox Series X

Votes: 130 78.8%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 28 17.0%
  • Both

Votes: 7 4.2%

• Total voters
Disagree, with technology nothing is future proof.

I'm sure there will upgraded versions of these consoles in a few years like they did with Xbox One X and PS4 Pro.

We wont officially know until both come out and are tested in person, but on paper the series x is better.

Nah

The CPU is way better in the Series S.

The GPU uses a different architecture. So even at 4 Tflops, it is still more powerful than the One X.

And the SSD will make a difference
Do you know how this will affect games that are strictly next gen i.e. Suicide Squad? I'm assuming that the Series S is a lot less powerful compared to Series X/PS5 since they're at 12.2 and 10.2 TFLOPS and the Series S is around 4.

This seems like a great budget option for those who aren't interested in power, 4k, 120 fps etc. but I'm worried that as we move forward, developers will be hindered trying to ensure that their games run on both Series S as well as Series X/PS5.

the question was originally whats better
the series s or the xbox one x
not the series x

Last edited:
Do you know how this will affect games that are strictly next gen i.e. Suicide Squad? I'm assuming that the Series S is a lot less powerful compared to Series X/PS5 since they're at 12.2 and 10.2 TFLOPS and the Series S is around 4.

This seems like a great budget option for those who aren't interested in power, 4k, 120 fps etc. but I'm worried that as we move forward, developers will be hindered trying to ensure that their games run on both Series S as well as Series X/PS5.
They worked with devs for years on this, the right DirectX, so I assume they thought about all that.

They stated that the Series S is built to match the Series X on image quality, but at a lower resolution.

Even so, there is always gonna be a weaker option. The new Ampere cards are way more powerful than the Series X, the Series X is more powerful than PS5, PS5 more powerful than Series S. Devs will adjust.

Suicide Squad is probably running on Unreal Engine 4 anyway. The same engine most Microsoft Studios use. So don't think that game will be an issue.

Back
Top Bottom