Which next gen Xbox will you purchase

• Xbox Series X

Votes: 130 78.8%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 28 17.0%
  • Both

Votes: 7 4.2%

• Total voters
Doesn't effect me terribly but seems dumb that that's gonna end up being what happens. They were gonna still sell cod on all platforms weren't they?
Yeah, they were willing to sign a consent decree and legal contracts

But the FTC was against considering it. And word is the CMA doesn't like behavioral stuff like that. They would probably prefer MS selling off Activision altogether. And I would think that is a deal breaker for MS.

I won’t lie, as someone who mostly plays on PS, I sort of wanted the deal to go through and would have liked if MS locked up COD :lol:

The reactions would have been great and maybe Sony prioritizes making a new IP or bringing back SOCOM, Killzone, Resistance etc.

I wonder if MS goes after any other publishers. I know a lot of folks assume they’re gonna be out for blood and trying to lock up everything but I’d assume MS, not Xbox, gonna just let it go when they have to pay Acti $3B

Wait did some news drop or is this just reading the writing on the wall?
The writing on the wall

NYT said they have sources within MS legal team that are expecting them to block it

Financial news outlets are all reporting today that it is expect to be block in the UK

I think in a couple weeks, this Activision deal will be abandoned by MS.

Regulators are operating within a different playbook. Stuff I learned about in Industrial Organization classes but never really thought would be applied.

MS paying for the sins of all the other big tech mergers regulators regretted.

Wild that Sony's, Apple's, and Google's market power will all be protected as a result. Protecting incumbent market leaders out of fear that a company might become a market leader if fundamental structure of the market changes just seems like a wild position to take IMO.

Jim Ryan and @biggie62 win again :smh: :lol:
Nah it’ll be fine. EU and CMA will approve it with concession(10 years cod). FTC will lose in court if they take it that far. Summer was their timeline all along

Im turning that **** off. Them PC dudes going to be bunny hopping wall hopping lasering ppl.
This is about cross progression, not cross play. Oh and Apex already has cross play and has had for a few seasons now :lol:

You only play against PC players if someone in your party is on PC.

UK regulators released their findings and as I expected it was bad for MS. They basically said for the deal to get done they need to sell off all the COD business, or spin of Activision completely

And as I expected, they don't understand the gaming market.

UK regulators released their findings and as I expected it was bad for MS. They basically said for the deal to get done they need to sell off all the COD business, or spin of Activision completely

And as I expected, they don't understand the gaming market.

dumb-and-dumber-lloyd.gif

man i am excited as hell for this new szn

wonder who my new main will become

crafting banners now when they disappear is a GAME CHANGER

wolfenstein 2 new colossus
Doom 2016
Doom eternal
Halo infinite
Titanfall 2

In terms of single player campaigns since last gen. No order

Back
Top Bottom