• Xbox Series X

Votes: 130 78.8%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 28 17.0%
  • Both

Votes: 7 4.2%

• Total voters
IMG_6517.jpeg

Played this randomly on GP. Pure fever dream. Kinda like warriors ware but with puzzles you have to do multiple times or get lucky to find an answer

Game is ridiculous but I've fun with it the little time I've put into it.

Anything that has Devolver attached to it gets a play from me generally

Maybe I’m trippin’ but is they saying that console players can only play online if they sub to Ultimate? That’s an L if true.

Nvm. I read both pics but went back focused on the top pic. Bottom pic states core has online.

Ok I guess if you want game pass and also the ability to play your online, you need to sub to Ultimate.

If you sub to the console tier, you get game pass but no online.

If you sub to the core tier, you get online but no game pass (outside of the 25 selected titles)z

This seems so dumb. They hitting us with the okey doke since the Xbox faithful is over the moon with this ABK deal going through :lol:

Pretty sure you are mistaken

Console seems like a rename of the normal Game Pass. You get online play and the entire Game Pass library. But not the extra benefits Ultimate has, like EA Play

Core is online play, and 25 games

So if I have game pass now I’m just gonna want “console” when this launches? Cause idc about EA play and all that nonsense

Pretty sure you are mistaken

Console seems like a rename of the normal Game Pass. You get online play and the entire Game Pass library. But not the extra benefits Ultimate has, like EA Play

Core is online play, and 25 games
I hope I’m wrong. It’s just odd since Ultimate specifically says online console multiplayer and console doesn’t. Does current game pass (console) offer online multiplayer? I have ultimate so I don’t know.

I hope I’m wrong. It’s just odd since Ultimate specifically says online console multiplayer and console doesn’t. Does current game pass (console) offer online multiplayer? I have ultimate so I don’t know.

Naw, you're right. The current base Game Pass console tier doesn't include online multiplayer. People either needed to have Gold x Game Pass, or a lot of people bypassed that stupid setup by stacking Gold yearlys and then using the trick to convert it right up to Ultimate.

The way it's presented makes it seem like it'll work the same way? Maybe that infographic is a mistake though because it makes even less sense for someone to subscribe to Game Pass Core AND Game Pass Console than the previous structure did.

Last edited:
I’ve been saying Game Pass would increase and this is a genius way of doing it without causing an uproar because I don’t think the casual realizing they’re going to be paying damn near $20 per month. I’m gonna have to let GPU go in 2025, I just can’t do it man :lol:

Nothing really changed. They just renamed normal Xbox gold to gamepass core and ditched the monthly GwG in lieu of 25 games.

So core is normal gold, gamepass console is just all the games and day one releases/no online which is what it is right now

I was genuinely confused because I’ve always used Ultimate but it seems like this is pretty similar to what Game Pass has always been. With the $1 trick going away, I’ll be letting my GPU expire in June 2025. I’ll just buy the few Xbox games that interest me and pay for Core if I get the urge to play online. I can’t justify $18 per month for a machine I rarely use. I even let my PS+ expire recently and probably won’t renew it until September.

Naw, you're right. The current base Game Pass console tier doesn't include online multiplayer. People either needed to have Gold x Game Pass, or a lot of people bypassed that stupid setup by stacking Gold yearlys and then using the trick to convert it right up to Ultimate.

The way it's presented makes it seem like it'll work the same way? Maybe that infographic is a mistake though because it makes even less sense for someone to subscribe to Game Pass Core AND Game Pass Console than the previous structure did.
Damn that sucks

My bad Ricky D Ricky D

I was genuinely confused because I’ve always used Ultimate but it seems like this is pretty similar to what Game Pass has always been. With the $1 trick going away, I’ll be letting my GPU expire in June 2025. I’ll just buy the few Xbox games that interest me and pay for Core if I get the urge to play online. I can’t justify $18 per month for a machine I rarely use. I even let my PS+ expire recently and probably won’t renew it until September.
Yeah it will be the same it is now just a change of name from Xbox Live to Gamepass Core which honestly makes sense. Having two different names for your online subscriptions just makes things more confusing.
I only play 1-2 games at a time anyways so I've never felt the need to subscribe to Ultimate. I just buy and play what I want then trade it in for the next title.

Damn that sucks

My bad Ricky D Ricky D

The second paragraph of my post was dumb now that I've gotten some sleep; if someone wanted multiplayer and access to the Game Pass library there wouldn't be anyone that would have two separate subscriptions for that purpose, they'd just pay for GP Ultimate :lol:

The best way of describing it I've seen is that there are really only two tiers: Core, Game Pass, and Game Pass for PC are level 1 and Ultimate is the level 2 that bundles them all up.

That jump in price between GP Core's $60 a year and GP Console's $132 is big enough that it SHOULD be a level 2 tier that included online multiplayer though in my opinion. If that makes Ultimate look like a worse value in comparison for console-only players then it's time to change that.

My GamePass expires in February 2025.

Imma get back on my Bing Rewards hustle from now.
How do you guys have GP for years in advance? Thought it was only monthly/yearly charges.

How do you guys have GP for years in advance? Thought it was only monthly/yearly charges.
For a while, recently changed...

There was a trick where XBL Gold 12 month card would be converted to GamePass Ultimate when redeemed if you already had GamePass Ultimate

So you would sign up for that $1 a month promo, then redeem three 12 month cards. And have three years of GamePass Ultimate for dirt cheap

For a while, recently changed...

There was a trick where XBL Gold 12 month card would be converted to GamePass Ultimate when redeemed if you already had GamePass Ultimate

So you would sign up for that $1 a month promo, then redeem three 12 month cards. And have three years of GamePass Ultimate for dirt cheap
Ah I see. So they were converting plans based off the subscription length and not the subscription total. Wild.

Back
Top Bottom