Which next gen Xbox will you purchase

• Xbox Series X

Votes: 130 78.8%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 28 17.0%
  • Both

Votes: 7 4.2%

• Total voters
I’m about 10 hours in, and I’d say I’m really enjoying it. I’ve been a Bethesda fan since Morrowind, so I’m probably biased. I can deal with and actually look forward to some of the antiquated features that Bethesda still leans on.

There are some areas of the game that are frustrating. All the fast travel takes some getting used to, and understanding the different maps and how to use them took me a little while. I can understand why the tutorial portion of the game feels so long. There’s a lot to wrap your head around.

After 10 hours I’ve only completed 7 quests, and only one of them were main story quests. Side quests seem pretty substantial, but it’s still early.

It’s more of the same for Bethesda, so I understand the general reaction. It’s not everyone’s cup of tea. This is exactly what I was hoping for in a lot of ways, though.

EDIT: I miss VATS.

The game does start very slow and I feel like you can go long periods of time without combat (which I don't really mind). And it does take a minute to open up and I still think even with around 15 hours put in theres so much more to open up with story and gameplay.

I do think flight is kind of whatever too, it's not bad but I use fast travel always.

In case it matters to anyone on the fence and curious about anything they might not like. It's a game for adventures and explorers, and especially for Bethesda fans.

I can't stop playing it though.

I’m really loving it, to me it feels like space Fallout with significantly better combat

Haven’t run into a single technical issue, but this had me rolling :lol:
My man’s head did a 180 without the rest of his body moving
IMG_4882.jpeg

And that’s the fork in the road where some people check out, and I lean into the absurdity. :lol:
Yeah this is that typical occasional Bethesda jank that I just find funny. The absurdity of his head slowly turning around on its own just had me bursting out in laughter.
It's the only issue I've had really. Only technical issues really bother me and I still haven't run into a single one after about 12 hours.

Agreed, it’s been surprisingly stable, but still has what I consider the Bethesda charm. You can still put buckets over peoples heads. :lol:

My one complaint is that the surface maps are absolute dog****
I’ve learned to just memorize the city layouts etc, because that ‘surface map’ design is completely useless.

They really put no effort into that part :lol:

Just discovered this, but on New Atlantis there's a press agency in the Commercial District and you can actually get paid for reporting stories to them.
The cool thing is that these stories are simply things you've been doing, like you getting attacked by the Crimson Fleet in the tutorial. The reporter interviews you and you can be fully accurate or heavily spin/embellish the reporting based on how you answer the reporter's questions :lol:

My one complaint is that the surface maps are absolute dog****
I’ve learned to just memorize the city layouts etc, because that ‘surface map’ design is completely useless.
Just made it to New Atlantis, I don’t think you need a map in the game really. It would help but the little scanner and in game waypoints are more than enough to help you navigate from point a to b to complete quests.

I’m enjoying what I’m playing so far. Haven’t played a RPG in a while, probably since ME3, so I have to have patience playing it but the gameplay is pretty fun. I might be walking through New Atlantis and a new quest/activity might pop up so it can be a bit overwhelming. Plus it’s not that linear, which can be good or bad lol.

Overall so far, I’m pleased with it. I didn’t have high expectations just based off early previews and gameplay videos but it’s at least as good or better than expected.

I'm surprised she wasted her time doing it again after she already made that first video showing how it works :lol:

It would've been better if the game was designed to automatically pull you into the orbit that jumping to a planet does when you travel there manually (maybe with a quick load screen to help the game transition), but I'm assuming that wasn't feasible for their engine.

Cool to get a confirmation on what happens when you try, but there was zero chance of me not just jumping anyway so nothing was lost in my opinion.

Just made it to New Atlantis, I don’t think you need a map in the game really. It would help but the little scanner and in game waypoints are more than enough to help you navigate from point a to b to complete quests.
Yeah I've been doing fine without using the map but given Bethesda's past games, I found it really surprising that the surface map is basically unusable. I get the surface map being that way on planets with some degree of procedural generation but cities etc are handmade locations that everyone's going to visit a lot. I'm sure there's people having trouble remembering the layouts of all these cities.

I'm surprised she wasted her time doing it again after she already made that first video showing how it works :lol:

It would've been better if the game was designed to automatically pull you into the orbit that jumping to a planet does when you travel there manually (maybe with a quick load screen to help the game transition), but I'm assuming that wasn't feasible for their engine.

Cool to get a confirmation on what happens when you try, but there was zero chance of me not just jumping anyway so nothing was lost in my opinion.
She got called out and took the video down

The game is great but it is very much a Bethesda game. So if you hated Skyrim and fallout 4, your not gonna like this

I haven't even tried ship building :lol: Aside from putting a scan jammer on my ship to be better at smuggling contraband
I found a really good ship from some random side mission I got from picking up a note from a random Spacer's body. The end of that mission also included a really good legendary spacesuit/pack/helmet. The sidemission was called Mantis or something, which is also the name of the name of the armor set you find at the end of that mission. The ship is called Razorleaf.

Kinda struggling with cargo space so I've been saving up for the Shieldbreaker ship you can buy at New Atlantis for 270k.
Even just a minor investment in pickpocketing is well worth it. Damn near every vendor carries around 700 to 900 credits on them. Take the robot homie with you though, my other companion only seems to ***** and moan whenever I break the law. Vasco the robot couldn't care less about pickpocketing everything in sight or smuggling some human organs out of Neon.

Back
Top Bottom