• Xbox Series X

Votes: 130 78.8%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 28 17.0%
  • Both

Votes: 7 4.2%

• Total voters
Update 2.0 is live

The new storyline will unlock after you finish the Transmission quest where you encounter Maman Brigitte from Voodoo Boys. Songbird will reach out to you!

If you have already finished the quest or the game — Songbird will contact you shortly after you turn the game on. And if you haven't played #Cyberpunk2077 at all and want to dive straight into the expansion — you will be able to do that from the main menu!

Lies of P is really good
I've only played a little but from everything I've seen, this is definitely a Soulslike worth picking up for anyone who likes these types of games.
Even if it wasn't on Gamepass, this would buy a Buy for me.

There's nothing groundbreaking here but it looks good, feels good and sounds good. It is very clearly inspired by Bloodborne and does a great job with the gothic type environments, with enough variation.
The main innovation here that sets it slightly apart imo is the weapon customization.

I've only played a little but from everything I've seen, this is definitely a Soulslike worth picking up for anyone who likes these types of games.
Even if it wasn't on Gamepass, this would buy a Buy for me.

There's nothing groundbreaking here but it looks good, feels good and sounds good. It is very clearly inspired by Bloodborne and does a great job with the gothic type environments, with enough variation.
The main innovation here that sets it slightly apart imo is the weapon customization.
What exactly does "Soulslike" mean. I've heard this term used a lot. I know it's referring to the DArk SOuls game which I've never played but what exactly is it describing?

Do I have to let my current GPU subscription expire before doing the XBLG conversion trick or will it work if I input a code now while GPU is still active?

What exactly does "Soulslike" mean. I've heard this term used a lot. I know it's referring to the DArk SOuls game which I've never played but what exactly is it describing?
Over time, the term "Soulslike" has become a genuine genre and description. It's a commonly used term now, even by developers calling their own game a Soulslike.
Generally speaking, it refers to games with a particular style of combat, difficulty, character build, atmosphere and a strong focus on boss fights.
Taking Lies of P as an example, it has that typical methodical combat based mostly around your dodge's invincibility frames. Look at gameplay of combat in Elden Ring and combat in Lies of P and you'll see what I mean. It also has the mechanic of your character exp being a currency that you lose upon death, and must recollect before dying again or it'll be permanently lost.

A game like Remnant 2 is often also considered a Soulslike, even though it's a shooter and is thus radically different in that sense. However it still shares many key Soulslike traits.
For example, Remnant's combat also forces you to get good at dodging attacks with the invincibility frames from your dodge roll. Another key trait it shares is how exp and leveling up is handled. In Soulslikes, your 'exp' is typically some type of currency that you lose upon death. You then have to go back to where you died and pick up that lost currency, however dying before collecting it means it's permanently lost. You also can't simply level up anywhere, you can only do so at a form of checkpoint or NPC.
Additionally, there is a vastly higher than average difficulty level and a strong focus on boss fights from the developers.

Of course some games have slight variations on these traits and/or unique mechanics to set them apart.

Idk if my explanation made much sense, but if not just take a look at Elden Ring or Dark Souls gameplay, preferably combat like a boss fight, and then check out gameplay for these games below. You'll quickly see the similarities.
Lords Of The Fallen (the upcoming game)

Lies of P

Last edited:
Over time, the term "Soulslike" has become a genuine genre and description. It's a commonly used term now, even by developers calling their own game a Soulslike.
Generally speaking, it refers to games with a particular style of combat, difficulty, character build, atmosphere and a strong focus on boss fights.
Taking Lies of P as an example, it has that typical methodical combat based mostly around your dodge's invincibility frames. Look at gameplay of combat in Elden Ring and combat in Lies of P and you'll see what I mean. It also has the mechanic of your character exp being a currency that you lose upon death, and must recollect before dying again or it'll be permanently lost.

A game like Remnant 2 is often also considered a Soulslike, even though it's a shooter and is thus radically different in that sense. However it still shares many key Soulslike traits.
For example, Remnant's combat also forces you to get good at dodging attacks with the invincibility frames from your dodge roll. Another key trait it shares is how exp and leveling up is handled. In Soulslikes, your 'exp' is typically some type of currency that you lose upon death. You then have to go back to where you died and pick up that lost currency, however dying before collecting it means it's permanently lost. You also can't simply level up anywhere, you can only do so at a form of checkpoint or NPC.
Additionally, there is a vastly higher than average difficulty level and a strong focus on boss fights from the developers.

Of course some games have slight variations on these traits and/or unique mechanics to set them apart.

Idk if my explanation made much sense, but if not just take a look at Elden Ring or Dark Souls gameplay, preferably combat like a boss fight, and then check out gameplay for these games below. You'll quickly see the similarities.
Lords Of The Fallen (the upcoming game)

Lies of P

Thanks. I'll be playing P soon and plan on getting Remnant 2 at some point so I guess I'll get the experience although those descriptions you posted make me wonder if there were games before Dark Souls like this. Doesn't sound to me like something that was completely originated by that game.

Thanks. I'll be playing P soon and plan on getting Remnant 2 at some point so I guess I'll get the experience although those descriptions you posted make me wonder if there were games before Dark Souls like this. Doesn't sound to me like something that was completely originated by that game.
FromSoft had a precursor to Dark Souls. It was called Demon's Souls. It was a pretty obscure 2009 PS3 game but gained a cult following that demanded more.
Then Dark Souls released.

Idk if FromSoft really invented this type of game, but their track record shows they're indisputably the best at it and popularized it

biggie62 biggie62

rick-ross-smile.gif

Been had one in the chamber with your name on it for like 6 months now...

giphy.gif

I browse ERA but rarely ever post. I swear you’re not allowed to have a difference in opinion on that site. Bunch of weirdos over there :lol:

Back
Top Bottom