Which next gen Xbox will you purchase

• Xbox Series X

Votes: 130 78.8%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 28 17.0%
  • Both

Votes: 7 4.2%

• Total voters

Lost Odyssey remaster (or even a windows release)

1695655944774.gif

Ive own both Demons Soul and the remake, all 3 Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Eldin Ring, Nioh 1 and 2, Sekiro, and Lies of P. Cant get into any of em... guess theyre just not for me.

You played Nioh? I still think it’s Nioh for me.

I played but never finished them

Nioh has so many different mechanics and a lot of them aren't implemented very well imo

LoP is more simplified but the stuff that's there is very refined

I think I just dont have the patience anymore... once I die a few times I start getting frustrated and I just play something else. Im gonna beat one of those games one of these days, might take another decade.

Def not buying Amored Core, those games used to piss me off back in the day when I would have more damage than money earned after a mission. FromSoftware was really trying to prepare me for the future.

slaughterx slaughterx man I feel it but spending more than a fconsole's worth of games is something :lol: I can't talk too much **** I got plenty of games I bought on sale that I haven't even touched

MK1 will be copped when the “ultimate edition” is on sale for $15. I enjoy playing them but they have my least favorite mechanics out of the main fighting games
Same, MK has been always been to stiff for me. I do love the lore though.

single player wise, its lacking. the amount of customization is a joke compared to MK 11.

multi player-wise, its good. good characters, though some need to be nerfed.
There's really only 1 character that needs to be nerfed imo, and that's Kenshi. Luckily there's not many Kenshi players because he's hard to master, but pro and top level players unanimously put Kenshi as the undisputed #1 and in a league of his own compared to others in the top 5 characters.
There's a generally agreed upon top 5 with Kenshi at #1, and pro/top players generally have Johnny, Ashrah, Mileena and Raiden or Baraka in various orders as the remaining top 5 characters.

There's really only 1 character that needs to be nerfed imo, and that's Kenshi. Luckily there's not many Kenshi players because he's hard to master, but pro and top level players unanimously put Kenshi as the undisputed #1 and in a league of his own compared to others in the top 5 characters.
There's a generally agreed upon top 5 with Kenshi at #1, and pro/top players generally have Johnny, Ashrah, Mileena and Raiden or Baraka in various orders as the remaining top 5 characters.

Pro player's feedbacks are generally never a good direction on how to handle a game.

The same mistakes were made when Activision tried to make COD based off of pro players feedbacks and ended up ruining it.

99% of the game population arent pros or even people who compete at tournaments. They're regular/casual players.

IMO Smoke and Sareena needs a nerf. Also Sub Zero needs a buff.

Pro player's feedbacks are generally never a good direction on how to handle a game.

The same mistakes were made when Activision tried to make COD based off of pro players feedbacks and ended up ruining it.

99% of the game population arent pros or even people who compete at tournaments. They're regular/casual players.

IMO Smoke and Sareena needs a nerf. Also Sub Zero needs a buff.
Particularly in fighting games though, most casual players don't grasp the fundamentals. I'd guess the overwhelming majority has no idea about frame data or how it works.
If you've ever watched FoxyGrampa (top UK pro) stream on Twitch during ranked MK11, it was clear as day that even in the highest ranks of Kombat League there were loads of players who didn't appear to understand or know frame data. He'd constantly beat players with literally just one move that was plus on block, and they lost the entire 2 sets because they kept trying to mash D1 or D2 when all Foxy did was loop plus frames into punishing the masher because of frame advantage, and then looping the whole thing over and over again.
This was a very very common theme in his streams, and it remains that way in MK1.

CoD does not have the type of complicated mechanics than an overwhelming majority of casual players does not understand at all. That is the key difference.

In the community it's generally agreed upon that Sareena and possibly Cyrax need a nerf, and that Subzero was nerfed a bit too hard.
The main issue with Sareena is that her projectiles don't go away on hit and she shows up instantly, so even if you punish the opponent, her returning projectiles punish you instead. So you're forced to block the entire thing, even though it should've been your turn.

Smoke is annoying due to his mix and pressure but he is considered a very high risk character., hence why he is considered good/great but not amongst the best characters. Basically too much risk for the reward. I don't see what Smoke has that should be nerfed but perhaps I haven't seen enough advanced gameplay of him.
Characters like him, Subzero etc have always frustrated players because of the overhead/low mix. Subzero in MK11 was equally annoying and complained about for the same reason.

In MK11, the Sheeva stomp was something that definitely needed to be nerfed, because characters with bad movement like Kollector and Baraka could not get out of its range fast enough to avoid it and anti-airs were far too inconsistent. Casual players had no idea how to avoid the stomp, and even the best players couldn't avoid the stomp consistently. Aside from being gamebreaking due to certain characters being unable to move out of its range, it was clearly too detrimental to the general population's enjoyment of the game, and it was rightfully nerfed.

There are of course casual players who just aren't good at the game, myself included, but understand its fundamentals. They understand frame data, plus frames, ... and thus have the necessary information to make an informed complaint. The issue is that a lot of complaints, and this is the case in any fighting game, stem from ignorance.
When I lose, I know what I did wrong and why I lost. My execution was lacking, I misremembered the frame data of a move and lost out on punishes because of it, or I made some bad reads and guessed wrong too many times against characters like Smoke.
Many casual players lack the experience or knowledge to identify the critical mistakes that lost them a match. Even less go back to the lab to analyze what they're doing wrong, and instead they keep repeating their mistakes and blame the game.

A game like Call of Duty doesn't have the problem that fighting games have, where the vast majority of the playerbase does not understand the game's fundamentals, much less the more complex mechanics and strategies. I imagine other non-fighting games that require a lot of technical knowledge and practice tend to have this same issue.

Either way the biggest issue with MK1 right now is the player 1 advantage due to a bug. Some characters can't perform the same combo that player 1 can, due to a hitbox bug.
As demonstrated below. It needs to be investigated more but it's a universal bug, and Subzero seems to be affected particularly hard by it.

Last edited:
Particularly in fighting games though, most casual players don't grasp the fundamentals. I'd guess the overwhelming majority has no idea about frame data or how it works.
If you've ever watched FoxyGrampa (top UK pro) stream on Twitch during ranked MK11, it was clear as day that even in the highest ranks of Kombat League there were loads of players who didn't appear to understand or know frame data. He'd constantly beat players with literally just one move that was plus on block, and they lost the entire 2 sets because they kept trying to mash D1 or D2 when all Foxy did was loop plus frames into punishing the masher because of frame advantage, and then looping the whole thing over and over again.
This was a very very common theme in his streams, and it remains that way in MK1.

CoD does not have the type of complicated mechanics than an overwhelming majority of casual players does not understand at all. That is the key difference.

In the community it's generally agreed upon that Sareena and possibly Cyrax need a nerf, and that Subzero was nerfed a bit too hard.
The main issue with Sareena is that her projectiles don't go away on hit and she shows up instantly, so even if you punish the opponent, her returning projectiles punish you instead. So you're forced to block the entire thing, even though it should've been your turn.

Smoke is annoying due to his mix and pressure but he is considered a very high risk character., hence why he is considered good/great but not amongst the best characters. Basically too much risk for the reward. I don't see what Smoke has that should be nerfed but perhaps I haven't seen enough advanced gameplay of him.
Characters like him, Subzero etc have always frustrated players because of the overhead/low mix. Subzero in MK11 was equally annoying and complained about for the same reason.

In MK11, the Sheeva stomp was something that definitely needed to be nerfed, because characters with bad movement like Kollector and Baraka could not get out of its range fast enough to avoid it and anti-airs were far too inconsistent. Casual players had no idea how to avoid the stomp, and even the best players couldn't avoid the stomp consistently. Aside from being gamebreaking due to certain characters being unable to move out of its range, it was clearly too detrimental to the general population's enjoyment of the game, and it was rightfully nerfed.

There are of course casual players who just aren't good at the game, myself included, but understand its fundamentals. They understand frame data, plus frames, ... and thus have the necessary information to make an informed complaint. The issue is that a lot of complaints, and this is the case in any fighting game, stem from ignorance.
When I lose, I know what I did wrong and why I lost. My execution was lacking, I misremembered the frame data of a move and lost out on punishes because of it, or I made some bad reads and guessed wrong too many times against characters like Smoke.
Many casual players lack the experience or knowledge to identify the critical mistakes that lost them a match. Even less go back to the lab to analyze what they're doing wrong, and instead they keep repeating their mistakes and blame the game.

A game like Call of Duty doesn't have the problem that fighting games have, where the vast majority of the playerbase does not understand the game's fundamentals, much less the more complex mechanics and strategies. I imagine other non-fighting games that require a lot of technical knowledge and practice tend to have this same issue.

Either way the biggest issue with MK1 right now is the player 1 advantage due to a bug. Some characters can't perform the same combo that player 1 can, due to a hitbox bug.
As demonstrated below. It needs to be investigated more but it's a universal bug, and Subzero seems to be affected particularly hard by it.

COD is a far more complex game than fighting games.

2009 was a whole different era lil bro.

getting hit with akimbo 1887 pre patch

getting noob tuned off spawn then noob tubed again from one man army

being shanked 100+ feet away from commando you don’t know what that feels like

you ain’t never gonna know how complex it was getting that red and blue tiger skin camo on your intervention

this is where simple boys turned to complex men out here

Back
Top Bottom