• Xbox Series X

Votes: 130 78.8%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 28 17.0%
  • Both

Votes: 7 4.2%

• Total voters
been playing some Pubg

was reading they are coming out with some type of Search and Destroy similar to CS:GO called Blue Bomb Rush

could be pretty cool deff gotta check it out

EA SPORTS FC 24 ULTIMATE COVER
F0rn9z3WAAAZ2eA.png

gamepass bout be poppin or what ?
Yeah with old *** COD games that have hacked lobbies :lol:

On a serious note, I’ll be able to play BLOPS II and IW campaigns before my Game Pass expires in 2025.

Hopefully they actually take some of those IPs and do something with them. I’d like a proper Ultimate Alliance 3. That’s probably a Marvel/Disney decision though.

The FTC can still appeal

The deal is still blocked in the UK

And the deadline to close is next week

So it is not a done deal yet
The UK isn’t much of an issue now. They were only an issue because the FTC joined them. MS could realistically close the deal right now, get sued by the CMA and then go to court where the CMA would have to actually explain it’s actions(something it doesn’t have to do now). In which case like the FTC they would likely lose

CMA was banking on the FTC. Without that, they are dead

The UK isn’t much of an issue now. They were only an issue because the FTC joined them. MS could realistically close the deal right now, get sued by the CMA and then go to court where the CMA would have to actually explain it’s actions(something it doesn’t have to do now). In which case like the FTC they would likely lose

CMA was banking on the FTC. Without that, they are dead
The UK doesn't work like that from my understanding

And the CMA did explain their actions. They put out a long draft report explaining their decision. I disagree with some of their arguments, but they are required to show their work unlike the FTC.

And they can't close the deal right now technically. There is a hold on them closing until Friday to give the FTC time to consider appealing.

The UK doesn't work like that from my understanding

And the CMA did explain their actions. They put out a long draft report explaining their decision. I disagree with some of their arguments, but they are required to show their work unlike the FTC.
They do. Right now, the CMA has essentially the last word. No matter how irrational they want to be. However if they wanted to sue MS to stop them, they’d have to go to court and prove why. They don’t want that. They were banking on acti and MS giving up once the FTC came in

Last edited:
The CMA does not have the last word right now. MS is appealing their decision to a Tribunal. They can agree with the CMA, disagree with their reasoning and tell them to change something, or throw out the order.

If MS were to try to close the deal right now, order the CMA, they would have to do something like create a separate UK entity. The CMA would fine them out of their minds. And a UK court case would be about if the CMA has power over the deal, not about their reasoning of their decision. That is what the Tribunal is for. And I would think a UK court would be inclined to agree the CMA has power over MS.

At that point they would have to divest from Activision, remember the entities, and pay billions in fines.

Maybe you got some info I haven't seen. But everything I have read doesn't make it sound as easy as you are making it out to be.
The tribunal can’t override the CMA. They can only kick it back to them to review and the CMA can still say no. In order to levy fines and stop MS the CMA would have to go to an actual court, like the FTC and argue the case. And we have seen the UK lawmakers actually don’t agree with the CMA(much like the US and ftc).

Anyway the CMA will likely ask for a few more remedies and try to save face

Back
Top Bottom